Sign in to follow this  
Wild Olive Art

Buyers not reading listing details !

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I have a buyer who on paying for a painting realized that the painting will be posted in a tube and is now querying this because she thought the painting was framed.

The listing CLEARLY states that the painting is unframed and it also clearly states that the painting will be shipped in a tube. Also on the shipping description in big capital letters , it says the painting will be shipped in a tube.

The buyer obviously did not read the listing - so the mistake is her fault but I don't really want an unhappy buyer. I have verified this with her and she has not objected but I feel a bit torn as to what to do . Do I offer her a refund and take the knock on the listing fees or do I send the painting ? :unsure:

Sellers , your opinions would help !

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I would offer her the choice of a refund - it' worth keeping a prospective return buyer happy.

You'll probably find she'll buy the picture anyway. Good luck.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I Totally agree with Lilly. Rather loose the listing fees. The buyer will definitely be a returned customer in future!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Pardon my ignorance - but is it not possible to undertake an SNC at this late stage?

retailrush    10
retailrush

If you can, file an SNC with the reason "Buyer and Seller agree not to proceed with the sale", and then you can re-list the item right away and after 7 days you will receive a refund on the success fee (but obviously not the listing fee). Refund the buyer and let them know that you are going to file the SNC. That should work and that is what I would do.