Sign in to follow this  
tendaji

SNC..How are matters investigated

tendaji

Surely when a SNC is made it is the Admins duty who investigates it to interview both parties involved..Thanks to a SNC being filed I have lost over R400.00..Is this the norm how buyers are treated?

qball

No, unfortunately it's not. We get the seller's reason and the buyer's response, often it is one person's word against another. We make a call based on the information provided to us. With regards to the refund we can follow that up, it does not necessarily mean you have lost R400, the seller will still need to ensure the refund happens. We unfortunately do not and cannot always investigate claims made and if they are factual or truthful.

tendaji

This is the SNC I am referring to..Login Page

No one contacted me to establish if I had been refunded or not, even though I had mentioned that I had not been refunded.

The seller does not respond to my e-mails so how does one go about getting refunded..

qball

We are unlikely to contact you to see if you received a refund. We receive thousands of SNC's and cannot unfortunately follow up on every single issue, you can contact our security team - communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za for assistance. We have requested proof of refund from the seller.

tendaji

I do't want to get involved in a debate with you. I just don't understand how the following decision was made..

"The seller made a full refund to the buyer and the buyer returned the item"

In the first place I did not receive the item and as already mentioned I was not refunded.

I just get the feeling that BOB is inclined to make decisions based on the sellers reason..

So back to my original question..Is this the norm how buyers are treated.

I will wait and see what is going to happen next as I haven't got much faith in the community watch..

qball

We have a limited number of options to choose ffom in terms of reasons - and your appeal was accepted by our security team. Again the seller should have refunded you. As we are not party to the refund we don't know when this actually takes place, so we work on the comments that are presented to us. As stated we cannot follow up on every single dispute.

It's a pity you feel this way, as we are trying to assist you. There is no reason to believe the seller will not refund you.

tendaji

This transaction took place more than a month ago. In this time I have e-mailed the seller and on numerous occasions tried to contact him on his mobile.I have not been able to get hold of him which makes me think he is avoiding me and you say there is no reason to believe he won't refund me..He has also changed his user name since the transaction.

Surely he can be disabled until he furnishes proof of payment..This month alone he has already received 3 negative ratings from buyers..Surely someone ,somewhere should see the red flag.

qball

That is why we have contacted him for proof of refund, if it is not supplied we can take further action. 3 negatives versus 125 positive with 185 items sold over the last month, not really a reason to disable his account 'm afraid. Anyone can change their username at any time, this in itself does not mean anything, it's still the same seller.

tendaji

It is 2 days ago that the seller was contacted by the BoB office..I presume that he has not replied..

qball

He has not responded to our communication. We have restricted his account until such time as he resolves this matter.

HDMI

Dear bid or buy and buyer.Firstly,I phoned the buyer friday when the matter came to my attention.Just to confirm refund was made Saturday(a day after banking details was received). After the sale I explained to the buyer and appologized for the error and agreed to refund him. Almost a month later only did I receive his banking details. It was refunded the following day,yesterday. I have all correspondence on record and will gladly forward it to bid or buy confirming that the buyer only sent me 1 email on the 20th,the day the snc was concluded without banking details. The 2nd email was sent 2 days ago with banking details. Perhaps you should send banking details sooner to sellers to receive a speedier refund. Bid or buy did do their best and informed me of the problem friday.Thank you for the great work Zuko and the bid or buy staff whom has thousands of issues to handle on a daily basis. Your input is valued by all.

I will gladly supply proof of the refund should you require it.

Kind regards

Brandon

tendaji

Thank You qball and staff of BoB who made follow up calls..The seller has eventually refunded me which I don't think he would have done if you guys did not intervene..

Your assistance is really appreciated