Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Writing of my Own Animal Behaviour Book!

StudMuffinsMissus
cool bike!

ha ha ha the big one has that "why me" expression.

Ha ha...she would have been "why me?!" if I'd put her in kennels without her couch & other comforts! The other dogs would have had no sleep with both of their snoring, it's real bad!

DestinysAngels
I am so jealous of Wayne and Ella getting all the attention here :twisted:.

Just have to show you that Hennie has pets too. :thinking:

444253_111002103331_Hennie_and_wagtail.jpg444253_111002103242_Image0162_edited.jpg

Oooppps sorry did not mean to brag that much ... thought the pics would be smaller

Stunning pics, thanks for sharing, don't let me get started on pictures, you might just eat your heart out, so i thought i would leave the glory to you all, for now that is!:thinking:

DestinysAngels
DA...just giving you an update...my Lilly FINALLY did the deed with the Stud Dog!!! :wub: But I was thinking...what is Stud dog protocol??? The deal was just to give him 1 puppy...what if she only has 1 puppy Lol! SO looking forward to this! AND she hasn't been getting out under the fence:))) . Poor little Bov nearly gave himself a heart attack trying his luck with her...not my fault he's got some stuff missing! K now you all posting photos I'm gonna have to aswell... Lilly & Bov going away for the weekend, 2 special for kennels!406660_111002133126_Lilly_&_Bov.jpg

Congradulations, just remember to check the calender carefully for the coming birth, you might need to help, it is between 55 and 65 days from the time they stopped mating, count for example if you saw the last time was the 19th then you count from the 20th on. You could also do a X-Ray one week before she is due, then you will now exactly how many babas you will have and if they are healthy and if she will be able to give natural birth or not, if you need help on this, pm me!

mellowred

@ Wayne ... ok I cheated! The bird is a wagtail Hennie adopted when we were still in the old house. He only had one tail feather so we named him "Onetail". Original, hey? :toung: That darn bird was one of the reasons Hennie procrastinated when it came to moving. He was very upset about leaving his wild birds behind. In typical Pisces fashion he planned our moving away and cut down on the time he spent with them and the cheese they got - weaned them off over a period of a month or so.

@ SMM Gorgeous poochies. Stud Muffin is small compared to Lilly. Congrats on the deed that's now done. It's a good thing you are home ... those puppies are going to need to be looked after. Lots of work ahead for you. :smile:

@ DA With your information on JRs, I think Hennie should have one. I'll try for a Labrador. But it depends on who is waiting for us at animal welfare when we are ready.

StudMuffinsMissus

Mellowred...hope you don't think Stud Muffin is the Dad :nuts:! I got Lilly a lovely pedigree Bullmastiff boy. Stud Muffin tried his best but he's got no jewels...

mellowred
Mellowred...hope you don't think Stud Muffin is the Dad :nuts:! I got Lilly a lovely pedigree Bullmastiff boy. Stud Muffin tried his best but he's got no jewels...

No ... I just wrote things a bit funny. I remember you hired in a stud (or two if I remember right:toung:).

booksallsizes

Is that your pup, Mellow??

mellowred

No, I wish she was.

We had to babysit her on Saturday mornings when she was still little. Hennie and she had quite a crush on each-other. I was only there to pick up the ripped up newspapers and toys and of course take her outdoors for her business, and give her food. The rest of the time she was on Hennie's heels. :toung:

She is about 6 months old now so old enough to stay home with her older sisters. Hennie is very upset.

booksallsizes

:rolleyes: (I roll my eyes at the fact that the sad smiley has disappeared...)

She looks like a lovely lovely pup! So sad that she doesn't visit anymore...

And, oh, how I'd love a Lilly pup! They are going to be beayootiful! My Tuscany was a Boerbull/MastiffXGerman Shepherd and the best dog in the world (and the size of a horse) so never worry if some loverboy GSD turns her head - they make a lovely cross... And one would have an instant home!

I possibly will have a new puppy in 6 weeks time - some German Shepherd puppies have been born that are destined for the SPCA when they are weaned. Not sure of the story of why they are going there (they're more than likely crosses - which bothers me not in the least) but the SPCA are going to call me when they arrive so that I can take a look.

StudMuffinsMissus

Oooh...I'd love one of Lilly's pups to go to a BoB member! But I'm glad if you are thinking of getting a rescue puppy. I've already compiled a 50+ questionaire for my prospective moms :razz: I'll probably scare them all away Lol! but no cheap dog food, sleeping outside for my puppies & all are going on spay / neuter contracts. I've had quite a few breeds & I can't say enough for Bullmastiffs. Excellent watch dogs, only bark very occassionally & SO loving & responsive to human contact! Both Lilly & Stud Muffin are adopted...best dogs I've ever had! Good luck with your puppy!

booksallsizes
Oooh...I'd love one of Lilly's pups to go to a BoB member! But I'm glad if you are thinking of getting a rescue puppy. I've already compiled a 50+ questionaire for my prospective moms :razz: I'll probably scare them all away Lol! but no cheap dog food, sleeping outside for my puppies & all are going on spay / neuter contracts. I've had quite a few breeds & I can't say enough for Bullmastiffs. Excellent watch dogs, only bark very occassionally & SO loving & responsive to human contact! Both Lilly & Stud Muffin are adopted...best dogs I've ever had! Good luck with your puppy!

Questionnaire is a brilliant idea. If anyone is scared off then they aren't worthy of a pup! mmmm - I already fulfill all the criteria you already mentioned :amuse:... But *sigh* my other dog is needing company soon - I'm having to constantly visit people in the village with dogs so that she can play. And end up drinking waaaaay too much coffee and end up being bouncier than she is...

Mastiffs are lovely dogs (not sure how they are with cats - I think I remember you saying they were fine) and are such softies. I get so annoyed because many people think they are vicious and keep them outdoors, at an arms' length. I really think Lilly is gorgeous (ole stud muffin is pretty sexy too...) and it just shows that rescue dogs are the best!

StudMuffinsMissus

When I got the dogs I felt SO guilty because the cats were terrified! Major victory...Dexter will now lie next to Lilly. Juno (ginger fatty) was the worst but she will now venture in the same room as them. Lilly is SO good with them, it's like she knows they are scared & treats them with care. Yesterday I couldn't believe Lilly walked up to Juno slowly, Juno didn't back off, stood her ground & swatted her when she came too close to comfort! Yay...finally almost peace between the animals. Stud Muffin is a bit naughty & will chase them if he gets the chance. Lucky he listens when I say "NO!" & just stares at them. Bullmastiffs are absolutely indoor dogs, crave to be near people. They are protective dogs & their nature is to stand between danger, not to bite at all. In my opinion, a Bullmastiff that is aggressive & bites has definitely been ill treated as it is not charateristic of them at all.