Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Writing of my Own Animal Behaviour Book!

moppies

I need to share this with you:

Mom had to look after my brothers dog's whilst renovations were done at his house. The one dog is a Jack Russel called "Theuns".

When I go to Moms' and find the gate locked (Theuns will be outside playing on the paving) I will call him and "request" him: "Gaan roep vir Ouma". He will immediately stop playing, go the security gate, open it with his nose and goes inside. He will come back to check on me and if mom is taking too long to come out to open the gate, he will go back again until she comes out. I did not have to use the door bell!

Clever dog!

wayjen

now thats cool now all i need is for my nana (ouma) to move in here.

mellowred

That is just amazing Moppies. He's not even in his regular home. Very intelligent little dog.

If I were to get a dog I'd like a Jack Russel. Only problem is that because they are so bright they are very much in need of constant attention. I'm worried I would not be able to devote enough time to one. I've also heard they are very much a one man dog.

DA what is your opinion on this?

DestinysAngels
That is just amazing Moppies. He's not even in his regular home. Very intelligent little dog.

If I were to get a dog I'd like a Jack Russel. Only problem is that because they are so bright they are very much in need of constant attention. I'm worried I would not be able to devote enough time to one. I've also heard they are very much a one man dog.

DA what is your opinion on this?

:angel:Jack Russels are not a one man dog only (myth), that you only get if the dog has some issues with certain people, say for example: the dog likes the woman or the man better, that only happens if the human has let their guard down - humans are supposed to be the pack leader and not the dog, this is the order, (human - then dog (main) - then the rest of the followers), it should never be the dog then the human. JR's are very clever dogs, they do not forgive nor forget that easy, example: if you per accidently step on it's toe, he might not get you back there and then but somewhere along the road he will. They need big spaces like a plot area, if not he needs exercise daily, you will be exhausted then he is still running like there is no tommorrow. These dogs are really meant for sporty type people, who loves camping, hiking, running etc, but it doesn't mean you cannot have one, if you have the energy then it will be fine to acquire one, they learn fast and love chasing smaller dogs and if not properly trained, it will get him into serious trouble, he will jump the fence to find exitement if you don't give it to him.

I can go on and on, but if you want more i can do an article once i have done the others i have promised, xx!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Corrections!

DestinysAngels
I need to share this with you:

Mom had to look after my brothers dog's whilst renovations were done at his house. The one dog is a Jack Russel called "Theuns".

When I go to Moms' and find the gate locked (Theuns will be outside playing on the paving) I will call him and "request" him: "Gaan roep vir Ouma". He will immediately stop playing, go the security gate, open it with his nose and goes inside. He will come back to check on me and if mom is taking too long to come out to open the gate, he will go back again until she comes out. I did not have to use the door bell!

Clever dog!

Yes, they certainly are clever, he probably knows you too, so when he sees you he already knows the drill. Lovely story, thanks for sharing, xx!

wayjen

when I play with Ella and squeeze her she will bite my ears so i bite her ears back but not sore mind you just in a playful way.

DestinysAngels
when I play with Ella and squeeze her she will bite my ears so i bite her ears back but not sore mind you just in a playful way.

Carefull, she might surprize you with a harder bite next time - but so you learn, it is an eye for an eye with these cunning little terriers, don't laugh now, but we have been taught to teach the dogs by actually biting them the same way the mother's do when the pups are young, this way you have the upper hand and it is supposed to show them right from wrong - i almost choked on my coffee when Prof said it, but yet it is true, although i don't do it yet, when i tell some of my clients this, they crack up, hehehehe!:whistling:

wayjen

I heard that too. If you bite them that way you are showing them you like the Alpha Male or something as you say.

DestinysAngels
I heard that too. If you bite them that way you are showing them you like the Alpha Male or something as you say.

Or Female, lol, yip you are correct, unfortunately i don't have the heart to do it yet and i aint practicing on my poopsies for sure!

wayjen

I showed Jenny and Jamey how I use her to shave. She likes to bite my chin like in a nibbling sort of way, so this morning whilst we fighting on the bed I grab her and she starts to nibble my chin and I make as if she a electric shaver.

DestinysAngels
I showed Jenny and Jamey how I use her to shave. She likes to bite my chin like in a nibbling sort of way, so this morning whilst we fighting on the bed I grab her and she starts to nibble my chin and I make as if she a electric shaver.

That's a new one, i wonder if i can teach mine to shave my hubbies beard, that will be awesome, you should make a video and put it on the net, it will get plenty reviews!

wayjen

ha ha ha ha talking of that, my daughter and her friends want to make a Youtube video so I said go for it as I have 2 on Youtube already and 2 on Zoopy so maybe I must go for it.

DestinysAngels
ha ha ha ha talking of that, my daughter and her friends want to make a Youtube video so I said go for it as I have 2 on Youtube already and 2 on Zoopy so maybe I must go for it.

Do it, please send me the link when it's on, xx!

wayjen

ok I will try. It's been along time since I last uploaded a video to Youtube.

DestinysAngels

You'll be fine, i cannot wait though!

wayjen

DA what is it with this little girl following me to the loo and when I go shower? She looks at things.

14 yrs ago I had to chase my small one out the toilet when I wanted to go take a leak, now I have another one also following me when I go potty and shower.

MiemsJewels

DA as soon as you finished your book try this one for us ladies

WRITING YOUR OWN MEN BEHAVIOUR BOOK. It should be one of the top seller books

Can I place my order with you now?

DestinysAngels
DA what is it with this little girl following me to the loo and when I go shower? She looks at things.

14 yrs ago I had to chase my small one out the toilet when I wanted to go take a leak, now I have another one also following me when I go potty and shower.

Morning Wayne, the following to the loo is a sign of seperation anxiety, iow, your baby is learning very fast she cannot cope without you, you need to fix this asap, if not, you are going to have a handfull very soon, being the owner of a JR you might find if the behaviour is not fixed she might start showing signs of aggression towards other members of the family/visitors in the near future, i wrote an article in my thread (Yorkshire Terriers) on this subject, go read it, if you need specific help, pm me, but please give me time. I have 2 live study cases (assessments) to complete, i should be finished end November, then i am also thinking of listing a surprize assessment on the R1 Auctions for everyone who is interested in a full on assessment to launch my practice, you are welcome to bid if you wish, it is going to be a busy December for me, once i listed i will let you all know!

DestinysAngels
DA as soon as you finished your book try this one for us ladies

WRITING YOUR OWN MEN BEHAVIOUR BOOK. It should be one of the top seller books

Can I place my order with you now?

:wondering:Oh Miems, i am so not in the mood for this, if it says dog then yes i am all for it, i already know too much about men to raise my own neck hair!

StudMuffinsMissus

Exactly what you said...there are SO many books but usually just 1 chapter that is useful. I like your articles as they are relevant, condensed & easy to read. Good luck!

DestinysAngels
Exactly what you said...there are SO many books but usually just 1 chapter that is useful. I like your articles as they are relevant, condensed & easy to read. Good luck!

:toung:Thanks for the heads-up!

mellowred

I am so jealous of Wayne and Ella getting all the attention here :twisted:.

Just have to show you that Hennie has pets too. :thinking:

444253_111002103331_Hennie_and_wagtail.jpg444253_111002103242_Image0162_edited.jpg

Oooppps sorry did not mean to brag that much ... thought the pics would be smaller

Edited by mellowred
ooooopppps

wayjen

hey how come you got a birdie in yours?That's just what Ella does too, she will be biting Hennies chin soon..

StudMuffinsMissus

DA...just giving you an update...my Lilly FINALLY did the deed with the Stud Dog!!! :wub: But I was thinking...what is Stud dog protocol??? The deal was just to give him 1 puppy...what if she only has 1 puppy Lol! SO looking forward to this! AND she hasn't been getting out under the fence:))) . Poor little Bov nearly gave himself a heart attack trying his luck with her...not my fault he's got some stuff missing! K now you all posting photos I'm gonna have to aswell... Lilly & Bov going away for the weekend, 2 special for kennels!406660_111002133126_Lilly_&_Bov.jpg

wayjen

cool bike!

ha ha ha the big one has that "why me" expression.