Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Writing of my Own Animal Behaviour Book!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:angel:I would like to find out what everyone thinks of me writing my own book on Behaviour. Firstly do you find my articles interesting and helpfull and secondly how do you find the advice that has been given, does it work for you and if not am i missing something, etc. Your input would be appreciated!

mellowred    10
mellowred

Go for it DA. Your articles are interesting. I don't even have a pooch at the moment but I read them for interests sake.

I'm sure you would get great pleasure out of writing a book and readers would end up very informed.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Yes, definitely go for it DA. There are so many people who love animals but don't know the rights and wrongs of owning them.

Begin now to source a publisher for your book - Struik Books in Cape Town might be a starting point. (It's not easy finding a publisher!)

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:angel:Thanks girls, i thought of writing my own because i used to battle with my dogs, had many a book with only one chapter that i found usefull and trust me, my study looks like a library of Dog Help Books, therefore i thought that it really would be nice to have 1 book that covers everything people want to know or ever wondered about, now i have never found that 1 perfect book, don't know about others though. I also used to ask for help to no avail and many tears later, because everyone used to believe i wanted to take over their business and knowledge. I want to help people understand their furries and let them know it is really all not that bad when one's equiped with the right knowlegde - knowledge is power and i want to give that to them!

Everyone else's input would be appreciated, Wayne and all my other Forum Friends please also comment on here, it is through your eyes only that i can bring something spectacular to the table. Looking forward to hearing from all!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Corrections!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Take the idea and run with it DA!! Sounds wonderful.

Don't forget to include Border Collies though - LOL!!!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Take the idea and run with it DA!! Sounds wonderful.

Don't forget to include Border Collies though - LOL!!!

:love:Thank you, i won't, the whole idea of the book is to deal with all breeds, i will not let any dog get away (or at least all the dogs common and most owned), i promise, after all, everyone has a specific breed they love and would love to have and i want to be that person to give everyone what they need and want, shoe just hope i will be able to get this right though, i can see this is going to be quite a mission, but i like!

mellowred    10
mellowred

Start with your favourite breed ... now what could that be? :biggrin:

Lil may know more, but is it easier to publish a smaller "hand book" to start. Then when you have done that you'll know more about the publishing world and your "big book" will be a breeze.

wayjen    10
wayjen

gooi bokkie, gooi!

You can talk from a dogs point of view which could make it entertaining but also gets the word across.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Lil may know more, but is it easier to publish a smaller "hand book" to start. Then when you have done that you'll know more about the publishing world and your "big book" will be a breeze.

Ya, ne', of course the Yorkie is my favourite, but i still love them all, i would love to have a Golden Retriever and train it, oh my word they truely are amongst the dearest of breeds ever. When i am ready i will speak to Jan, i am sure she'd be able to send me in the right direction, xx!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
gooi bokkie, gooi!

You can talk from a dogs point of view which could make it entertaining but also gets the word across.

Exactly, that is certainly where i am coming from, i love everyone's comments, keep them coming, i noticed that i have 42 friends, where are the rest of you guys, come on, give it to me, LOL!

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Go for it I am sure you shall be successful with this.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Go for it I am sure you shall be successful with this.

:biggrin:A big thank you to everyone who took the time to read this thread and all the replies and likes of course. My husband suggested i write an e-book instead, what is your take on this, i would much rather have a book in the shops, etc., but the e-book idea sounds great too, he said that e-booking is the way to go and that most people would rather check the internet than go to a book shop, your feelings on this would also be appreciated, much hugs to all!

wayjen    10
wayjen

Write both, I mean how do you autograph an e-book anyway?

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Write both, I mean how do you autograph an e-book anyway?

By tip-exing the screen Wayne, didn't you know:sowsuser:, lol!

wayjen    10
wayjen

Ai! Ai! this is gonna end bad.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Ai! Ai! this is gonna end bad.

:cool:Hey, i need your support, please don't leave, i promise i will colour my hair, lol, no but seriously now, thank you for your input, i do value what you think and say!

How is your JR doing, have you had her tested yet, please let me know the outcome and what has been done, xx!

wayjen    10
wayjen

Heya DA we have not tested her yet and we are happy even if she cannot hear but sometimes she seems to hear things and that seems strange.

I must tell you this one moment with her. I go lay on the bed and I'm my hooded sweater and she jumps up and politely crawls up the back of he sweater and falls asleep. I did not want to wake her when I decided to get into bed so I have to wiggle myself out the sweater and leave her in it.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
:biggrin:A big thank you to everyone who took the time to read this thread and all the replies and likes of course. My husband suggested i write an e-book instead, what is your take on this, i would much rather have a book in the shops, etc., but the e-book idea sounds great too, he said that e-booking is the way to go and that most people would rather check the internet than go to a book shop, your feelings on this would also be appreciated, much hugs to all!

Hi Destiny

An Ebook is an excellent idea.

If you would like to know more about how to go about it, you are welcome to contact me via a pm.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Heya DA we have not tested her yet and we are happy even if she cannot hear but sometimes she seems to hear things and that seems strange.

I must tell you this one moment with her. I go lay on the bed and I'm my hooded sweater and she jumps up and politely crawls up the back of he sweater and falls asleep. I did not want to wake her when I decided to get into bed so I have to wiggle myself out the sweater and leave her in it.

:biggrin:Awwe, thanks for sharing this, i have one specific Yorkie that actually sits/lays on my shoulders widely spread, at times i think she thinks she's a parrot, oh gosh, she is actually pretty bad, she hawls like a wolf's baby when i take her off to just go to the loo for example, follows me everywhere, a real momma's baby i tell you, it gets on my nerves at times, she looks in each room for me when she cannot find me, then actually goes into a panic, i am trying to fix this now, but she is more likely to fix me it seems, ever heard the expression - I am owned by Yorkies, it is really true, they own me and not me them - love it though!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Hi Destiny

An Ebook is an excellent idea.

If you would like to know more about how to go about it, you are welcome to contact me via a pm.

:biggrin:Thanks so much, when i am ready i will give you a tinkle, xx!

wayjen    10
wayjen
:biggrin:Awwe, thanks for sharing this, i have one specific Yorkie that actually sits/lays on my shoulders widely spread, at times i think she thinks she's a parrot, oh gosh, she is actually pretty bad, she hawls like a wolf's baby when i take her off to just go to the loo for example, follows me everywhere, a real momma's baby i tell you, it gets on my nerves at times, she looks in each room for me when she cannot find me, then actually goes into a panic, i am trying to fix this now, but she is more likely to fix me it seems, ever heard the expression - I am owned by Yorkies, it is really true, they own me and not me them - love it though!

Ella comes up to be whilst I sit here trying to work and she scratches my arm so softly because she wants to play and then she gives me one of her toys so we can play.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Ella comes up to be whilst I sit here trying to work and she scratches my arm so softly because she wants to play and then she gives me one of her toys so we can play.

:nuts:You know what you should give her? A small Kong, it is a round like rubbery toy with a hole through it, take a biscuit and crush it, then mix with peanut butter and put it in the Kong, it will keep her busy for hours and on a hot day put water in it and freeze it, give to her and see what she does, you will actually think you don't have a dog in the house anymore - they love it and peanut butter is good for them (smooth peanut butter though and not the crunchy type), try and let me know what you think!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Yes, it is definitely easier to get a small handbook published than a larger, heavier one! (How does mellowred know that I know these things?) lol

@Wayne - I had a very, very dear aunt named Ella. Has she been reincarnated into your life? Please treat her very kindly! LOL

wayjen    10
wayjen
:nuts:You know what you should give her? A small Kong, it is a round like rubbery toy with a hole through it, take a biscuit and crush it, then mix with peanut butter and put it in the Kong, it will keep her busy for hours and on a hot day put water in it and freeze it, give to her and see what she does, you will actually think you don't have a dog in the house anymore - they love it and peanut butter is good for them (smooth peanut butter though and not the crunchy type), try and let me know what you think!

hey that sounds cool. Is this Kong a special thing that we must look for?

wayjen    10
wayjen
Yes, it is definitely easier to get a small handbook published than a larger, heavier one! (How does mellowred know that I know these things?) lol

@Wayne - I had a very, very dear aunt named Ella. Has she been reincarnated into your life? Please treat her very kindly! LOL

we do or at least try.