Sign in to follow this  
AngelaBraun

Moving on to question 4

AngelaBraun    10
AngelaBraun

The rarest stamp if the world - Who Knows? Reward- trying to push Jacques to second place

dstorm    10
dstorm

The British Guiana?

Regards

Jacques

AngelaBraun    10
AngelaBraun

You are almost correct Jacques sorry I too nearly fell for the Guiana bit but I am afaid a spoke to quickly again the correct answer is Gyuana (South America) and NOT british Guiana

AngelaBraun    10
AngelaBraun

You were not totally correct with your answer Jacques

seahorsefanatic    10
seahorsefanatic

MOVING ON TO QUESTION 4

Hi there

The correct answer is the British Guiana 1 cent black/magenta ( SG 23 ) of which only one example exists. Last on the market in 1980. See stanley gibbons Commonwealth & British Empire Stamps 1840-1970 on page 112.

If only one stamp exists and this makes it extremely rare then one could also look at Great britain sg 266a ( 2 penny Tyrian Plum ) of which only one example exists and this I think is in the Queen's collection.

AngelaBraun    10
AngelaBraun

I stand corrected twice over thanks for the input and invaluable info. My turn to sit in the corner with the dunce hat on

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Angela

I admit being wrong. I honestly thought that it is the British Guiana FOUR CENT!

By the way, I have read somewhere that the current owner of this stamp is serving a jail sentence! Can anybody add substance to this? Are you allowed to sell on BidorBuy while in jail?

Regards

Jacques

AngelaBraun    10
AngelaBraun

Even if he were to sell it on BoB you and I certainly could not scrape the money together to buy it, but sadly you have been knocked off your first place pinnicale. We would have to really find a stinker of a question to try to get you back to top of the class.

gabriel 1    10
gabriel 1

Hi Angela

I have a Penny Black with no margins, never before seen on BoB and will never be seen, does this count?

Regards

Gabriel1