Sign in to follow this  
EltoroTrading

Registering new sellers

EltoroTrading

I have been trading on Bidorbuy for a number of years now, and actively promote the site. I also try to get as many people as possible selling on the site. Recently I helped a person register from one of our public internet terminals at The Post Shop, a business similar to Postnet. The persons' account has since been blacklisted because the IP address is the same as ours. I find it ridiculous that Bidorbuy takes such action, making me look like a fool while I try to promote their site.

Has anybody else experienced the same?

qball

We do apologise for this, unfortunately "internet Cafe's" are ripe grounds for internet fraudsters, so whilst you think we may be doing this for no reason, it is done to protect our community. Please give me the users name and I will look into it.

Thank you.

EltoroTrading

Hi Cuan, they are Sediba Lodge, which is situated about 15Km outside town. That is why they use our terminals as there is no ADSL and cellular reception is very shaky. You can contact Charlotte (the owners' wife) on The GPS coordinates for Sediba Lodge are -24.454221,28.626509

Edited by qball

qball

Thanks, I will ask the security guys to re-instate the account - there were also some discrepancies on the account in terms of name and credit card details. I have asked the guys to check with you first when someone signs up.

EltoroTrading

Hi Cuan, Charlotte from Sediba Lodge says they are still not registered as sellers. What would the problem be, as they want to start listing.

qball

They were supposed to be re-enabled, not sure why it wasn't done. I have activated it. Apologies for this...:oops:

Miss Jewels
I have been trading on Bidorbuy for a number of years now, and actively promote the site. I also try to get as many people as possible selling on the site. Recently I helped a person register from one of our public internet terminals at The Post Shop, a business similar to Postnet. The persons' account has since been blacklisted because the IP address is the same as ours. I find it ridiculous that Bidorbuy takes such action, making me look like a fool while I try to promote their site.

Has anybody else experienced the same?

Hi Eltoro Trading. I also helped someone create a new account the other day and did it from my own pc...therefore the IP addresses would be the same. I spoke to Bertus and the IT guys and had absolutely no problem. I informed them I was purely creating an account for a new seller so that they could get started. BoB's staff were most helpful (especially Bertus' humour) and this seller is now active on BoB. I also informed them that I would be assisting another new seller and I had a clear go-ahead.

I think communication is of utmost importance. As long as we inform them and keep them up to date, I think the path would be clear.

There is so much fraud going around that they will take immediate action if they have not been updated or think that there could be future problems with the account.

Thanks BoB staff for keeping "our site" a clean and safe place to trade!

Edited by Miss Jewels
spelling