Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Ratings below accepted threshold

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Hi

Maybe a silly question, but as I understand it users with ratings below 70% should be blacklisted. I had a buyer with 30% ratings buy from me. Judging by when she received her last rating its been at this percentage for 10 days. Surely the system should automatically disable a user when their ratings fall below 70%. Is there a reason that this doesnt happen?

Thanks

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I second this. In fact, when I check out my bidders and if they are under 80% (it happens very seldom, thank goodness) I delete their bid and explain the reason as given by other sellers in that bidder's ratings.

Edited by lilythepink

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi Gamu I was also under the impression that under a percentage created an automatic "disabled". Could it be that it only works on sales ratings?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

No, mellowred, it definitely applies to buyers, too. It just needs to be reported to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. Occasionally one of these slips under the net and we need to help the BoB staff! lol

qball    11
qball

We do not automatically disable - ratings are often manipulated by sellers and buyers alike. So we look at the whole picture before doing this, if there is a problem you can contact the customer support or security team to take further immediate action. We check ratings on a regular basis via reports but ratings go up and down all the time, depending on the users involved.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thanks Cuan. Understood!