Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Sell yor age!

dstorm

Hello David

I wonder what the average age was 20 years ago

I have pondered over this for some time, using the wisdom that I have gained during the last few years. I can now categorically state that twenty years ago I was 20 years younger.

Regards

Jacques

alloway65

Festive Greetings to all, When I was into stamps in the 70s & 80s I was the youngster...........not any more unfortunately.

Rose & I wish all Bobbers a Merry Christmas & a Safe and Prosperous 2009.........may all your clients pay and may all your profits be large(er)!!! :D

styphoiz

Sorry, I'm not a stamp collector lol and don't qualify for the draw, I just found this topic quite interesting, :) lol and well noticed the reply on 550 views and only 9 or something replies, I'm 21 if that counts.

dstorm

Hello Styphoiz

Thanks for your honesty (not being into stamps).

I would have disqualified you in any case – putting me very, very clearly on the wrong side of the average.

Regards

Jacques

dstorm

Hello Alloway!

Thanks for your wishes!

May I quote you:

may all your profits be large(er)!!!

Profits? What a wonderful idea!! Am I allowed to wish just for a small profit?

Regards

Jacques

dstorm

And the winners is…..rusty500. Congratulations!

Bobbers present at the draw: dstorm, gabriel1, kennyN, savo and seahorsefanatic (in alphabetical order).

Average age of the Stamp Forum members on BidorBuy apparently 46,7 years.

I hope to repeat this exercise in a couple of months time.

Regards

Jacques

korrie

Hi Jaques

If I put in two posts next time would that put you on the right side of average then I could win the prize :wink:

Regards

Korrie

alloway65

Congrats Rusty500.

Next time....try how many years have you been trading in Philatelic Material.....or what is the weight of your current stock in kgs!

To those in Jhb enjoy the rain...great to be cooler.

Havre a great Sunday.

David

dstorm

Hello David

Thanks, what a wonderful idea.

We simply have to give Korrie another chance.

I will start with: For how many years have you been collecting stamps / trading in stamps. I think that most collectors deal to some extent, even if it is just to get rid of duplicates and / or to buy needed items.

Regards

Jacques

Rusty500

Hi all you old far*s.

I have decided to come out of my self-imposed exile to thank Jacques for organising the little competion. Although I still read the forum occasionally, I was shocked to discover that I had won a prize for the second time in my life. The first was a chocolate cake (that was baked by my mother) when I was in standard two. This was then given to my school mates who finished it in about three minutes.

In a similar charitable vein, I would like to donate my prize to the newly formed club that you guys have started. I am not a whisky drinker, but I would imagine that this would cover the price of half a bottle at least. Please don't finish it in three minutes!!!

Thanks again Jacques.

Regards

Rusty500

Kit W

I think that this is a very interesting exercise you are doing - at 61 years old I guess that there are not many youngsters interested anymore. I know of Junior sections of philatelic societies. Please share your findings. I think most youngsters collect stamps at some stage in life - I oersonally like to give stamps as gifts to get them interested. Another factor is that it has become an expensive hoppy for a lot of people in these difficult times. Thanks again

dstorm

Thanks Rusty

I will be well used.

Regards

Jacques

dstorm

Hello Kit W

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the hobby being expensive.

Unfortunately, this is very true. A good quality stockbook, tweezers, magnifier and a SA Colour Catolgue will set the youngster back by at least R600-00! And then he / she is still to buy some stamps.

Regards

Jacques