Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Sell yor age!

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

Calling on, in alphabetical order, Albertward, Alloway, Gabriel1, Hans100, Rusty500, Savo, Seahorsefanatic, Zetw and ALL other philatelists.

I promise to offer an electronic gift voucher to the value of R100-00 to one Lucky Draw winner.

Please post your age!!! I would really love to work out the average age of the Stamp Lovers on BidorBuy. OK Angela, Lana and Sheann, you are excused. You may join in by simply entering “Twenty Nineâ€.

I simply hope to prove that stamp collecting is alive and well in South Africa and that the hobby has a brilliant future.

Please do not let me down.

Right Seahorsefanatic, you can start. By now we all know that you are exactly one day older than I am. I have to respect my seniors.

Regards

Jacques

Rusty500    10
Rusty500

Bald Eagle

Hi Jaques.

No longer a spring chicken, now a bald eagle. 44.

Regards

Rusty500

AngelaBraun    10
AngelaBraun

Never mind 29, tonight I feel 92 but I suppose it is better than 69 or is it 96. I am sweet 60 not sixteen

alloway65    10
alloway65

Hi Jacques, I am the old toppie of the bunch 67 next week, but I have a sexy (younger) Wife and a new Grand Child to keep me young(er)!!!!!

I suppose most of the Philatelists and Stamp Dealers I knew in the 70s and 80 have gone to the big stamp album in the sky.

And your age Jacques...you might win the prize!

Have a great weekend. :D

seahorsefanatic    10
seahorsefanatic

SELL YOUR AGE

Hi Donderstorm

Yes I am 1 day older ( and deeper in debt ) - 47 years old.

At some of the fairs I feel like the yougster- It is alarming how the average age at the fairs, auctions etc is getting older and older.

Lets hope this trend is reversed.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Like a good cheese or an excellent wine....some of us get better with age! :roll:

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all!

Thanks for the responses. I am 47. So 5 replies (up to now). A combined age of 265 years or an average of 53!

So it seems as if the Bald Eagle is THE Spring Chicken after all.

Please Alloway (regarding the sexy younger wife), do not give the male collectors any ideas!

And Seahorsefanatic, just hang around me all the time at the fairs and auctions. You will feel your age.

Hoping for more replies.

Regards

Jacques

KWALITY STAMPS    10
KWALITY STAMPS

My age

What can I say, mentally I still feel 21, sometimes thought, I feel like i am 2000 years old.

My birth certificate says that I am 38 so i guess i will have to go with that. I do feel as though I should be starting to dye the greying beard, thank God for the long hair, that hides most of the grey ontop.

Anyway..

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello All

So Savo comes along and messes it all up. Rusty is not the Spring Chicken anymore!

6 Replies – Total Age 303 years! Average now ONLY fifty and a half.

Where are you Gabriel1? Embarrassed to SHOUT your age?

Regards

Jacques

dstorm    10
dstorm

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I will keep this open till coming Saturday morning and then have a physical draw in the presence of at least three “stamp members†of BidorBuy.

Regards

Jacques

qaustor    10
qaustor

Hallo Jacques-----my ouderdom is 33.Dankie vir jou bydrae tot my seel kennis en versameling :D

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Leon

Thanks for joining us!

It is really fantastic to see that kids still collect stamps.

Total age now after 7 replies = 336 years. An average of 48 years.

Regards

Jacques

alloway65    10
alloway65

Hi All, Pleeeeease a few Philatilists in their 90's must register....I am now feeling like the Grandpa of the bunch. :oops: Have a good day all. David

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello David

Yes, you are now the undisputed Grand Master.

And I am sitting one year below the average!

Regards

Jacques

gabriel 1    10
gabriel 1

Hi Jacques and fellow philatelists (what's feminine for fellow?)

47 Seems to be the hot number here, Jacques, I worked out your age when you said you went to the Army age 24, 6 months before I did, also 24.

Dave K, when it comes to bidding you are still fighting fit.

When you get to our age it is all down-hill, I can't believe it is me when I look in the mirror, Jacques, you are becoming forgetfull, times and car doors etc.

Regards

Gabriel1

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

Finally Gabriel1 took the time to respond.

Total age after 8 replies = 383 years or an average of 47, 88 years. Could that be equal to 47 years and ten months? I am still on the right side of the line!

No Gabriel1, times and car doors have nothing to do with forgetfulness or old age, if that is what you are implying. It is more closely related to Glen Livet and Glen Morangie.

Regards

Jacques

korrie    10
korrie

Hi there all

I am really going to reverse the trend I Am 26, next birthday I will be 36 or is this old age making me dislecsic

Korrie

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Korrie

Thanks for responding!

Yes, I would say you are about 50, but just to punish you, I will enter your age at 62.

Total age now after 9 entries = 445 years at an average of 50 years and six months.

Regards

Jacques

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello everybody

Yes. I admit. Did not do the draw past Saturday. Savo is to blame.

Hope to do it this coming Saturday.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

gabriel 1    10
gabriel 1

Funny, 550+ views on this post and only 9 willing to share their age.

Regards

Gabriel1

korrie    10
korrie

Maybe we should assume the other 541 are all young ladies with Jacques proposed age of 29, that should bring down the average be a few years

Korrie

Sorry make that 580 young ladies

Korrie

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Korrie

A inviting, but terrifying thought.

Should that be the case all male stamp dealers on BidorBuy will be bankrupt within a year…

Regards

Jacques

mwgielink    10
mwgielink

Hello to you all

Just butting in to disturb the statistics and bring the average down, I am 22 years of age and been collecting since I was about 7.

I went to a different post office the other day (different town) and asked the teller if I could look through the stamp file because I collect stamps. She looked at me for a while and then said "but you are so young!!". Well, I found that quite amusing and it shows that the average is definately significantly higher than my age. Stamp collecting is actually no longer an easy hobby to adopt these days as a youngster unless they are fully supported by their parents.

Regards

Mark

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Mark

Just butting in to disturb the statistics and bring the average down, I am 22 years of age

Right, right, right. Keep it down. You are too young to make so many enemies right now.

Thanks for entering. Total of 10 posts. Total of 467 years. An average of 46,7 years. Mark, you just put me on the wrong side of the average. As well as Seahorsefanatic and Gabriel1. We might become vindictive!

Regards

Jacques

seahorsefanatic    10
seahorsefanatic

Jacques - this definately is a vindication for what everyone has been saying over the years that philatelists seem to be getting older. I wonder what the average age was 20 years ago - probably not 47 but more like 37.

So if you call me old ( 1 day older than you ), I will forgive you and not get vindictive about it. I used to think those in their 40's were old. With age comes wisdom.

Say hello to that flat rock for me !!!