Sign in to follow this  
MsPlod

Copying other seller's shipping descriptions?

MsPlod

Just been browsing and found something intriguing... :confused:

All these sellers (all selling mostly gems and jewellery) have almost identical shipping descriptions? Isn't it a bit tricky to copy each others shipping info?? Or maybe they are all buddies, since they are all based in the greater Jo'burg area... :unsure:

Items for sale from 2ndStreet on bidorbuy.co.za

Please note that no parcels are sent ordinary mail to ensure non-breakages of products. Shipping is R40.00 for "registered mail", R95.00 for "counter to counter" overnight and R140.00 for "Courier to Door" nationally. Additional products up to 10 items combined free of charge with shipment. Please note that all items must be paid within 72 hours after close of auction UNLESS prior arrangement has been made. Please note that your goods will be shipped after payment reflects in my account. If out of South Africa please check rates with seller.

Items for sale from PrincessLou on bidorbuy.co.za

Please note that no parcels are sent ordinary mail to ensure non-breakages of products. Shipping is R40.00 for "registered mail", R95.00 for "counter to counter" overnight and R140.00 for "Courier to Door" nationally. Please contact me should you require a shipping fee for international destinations. Additional products up to 10 items combined free of charge with shipment. Please note that all items must be paid within 72 hours after close of auction UNLESS prior arrangement has been made. Please note that your goods will be shipped after payment reflects in my account.

Items for sale from MeToYou Collections on bidorbuy.co.za

Please note that no parcels are sent ordinary mail to ensure non-breakages of products. Shipping is R40.00 for "registered mail", R95.00 for "counter to counter" overnight and R140.00 for "Courier to Door" nationally. Please contact me should you require a shipping fee for international destinations. Additional products up to 10 items combined free of charge with shipment. Please note that all items must be paid within 72 hours after close of auction UNLESS prior arrangement has been made. Please note that your goods will be shipped after payment reflects in my account.

Items for sale from Natalia Creations on bidorbuy.co.za

Items for sale from Melbon on bidorbuy.co.za

Please note that no parcels are sent ordinary mail to ensure non-breakages of products. Shipping is R40.00 for "registered mail", R95.00 for "counter to counter" overnight and R140.00 for "Courier to Door" nationally. Additional items up to 0.750g combined free of charge with shipment. Please note that combined shipping is allowed up to 14 days after the 1st auction is won for regular buyers. First time buyers please ensure items are paid within 72 hours after close of auction UNLESS prior arrangement has been made. Please note that your goods will be shipped after payment reflects in my account.

Fascinating!!

Edited by MsPlod
formatting...

lilythepink

Interesting, MsPlod. You have been busy? lol

Miss Jewels

Not just the shipping descriptions ....the auction descriptions of Melbon, 2nd Street, Princess Lou and MeToYou Collections are all the same too

Cali Craft and Gems

I'm going to have my head bitten off for saying the next thing, but LKG is in the "group" too... BoB is aware of it all, but can prove "nothing"...

MsPlod
Not just the shipping descriptions ....the auction descriptions of Melbon, 2nd Street, Princess Lou and MeToYou Collections are all the same too

Now you come to mention it...

MsPlod
I'm going to have my head bitten off for saying the next thing, but LKG is in the "group" too... BoB is aware of it all, but can prove "nothing"...

You are quite right, hadn't spotted them! Goodness! What a strange set of circumstances, wonder why none of them complain about the copyright issues. They MUST be buddies! Wish that these discreet auctions would stop. Really irritate me. Would love to know who is bidding on whom... Wonder whether they bid on each other's stuff?

Miss Jewels

This is a very, very interesting thread. Are we missing something here? It is very interesting that no-one is complaining of auctions being copied...

Cali Craft and Gems

In my personal opinion, discreet listings should only be for high-end gems where the buyer is a jeweller or retailer. All other listings should not be discreet at all - the BoB public can not see who is shill-bidding if the listing is discreet! (and some of the sellers' mentioned have apparently been rapped over the knuckles before for doing "wrong").

Miss Jewels

I list all my gold and diamond rings on discreet because it's high priced items and often many buyers prefer others not to see what they are purchasing. I've also found that with it being discreet, it sells easier. But again, only for high priced items as a rule.

brands online
I list all my gold and diamond rings on discreet because it's high priced items and often many buyers prefer others not to see what they are purchasing. I've also found that with it being discreet, it sells easier. But again, only for high priced items as a rule.

Oi, I list one or two naughty adult items that are not high-priced persay, but lots of buyer choose to buy them discreetly too :ninja:

Just thought I'd make mention of that, please don't attack me...looks like it's a blue Friday for lots of regulars here on the forum today:razz:

MsPlod

Brands dear, completely understand discretion being necessary on "naughty" items. Must say that simply do not understand low end items - i.e. under R500 or thereabouts - being discreet for any purpose other than to potentially defraud buyers.

Anyhow, back to the shipping descriptions, not only are these descriptions variations of the same thing, but the use of the capitalised "UNLESS" just made me chuckle.

Have a lovely, naughty, purple Friday...

Miss Jewels

Brands, to list "naughty" items under discreet, is "discreet" and "good manners" Well Done! LOL

Oi, I list one or two naughty adult items that are not high-priced persay, but lots of buyer choose to buy them discreetly too :ninja:

Just thought I'd make mention of that, please don't attack me...looks like it's a blue Friday for lots of regulars here on the forum today:razz:

kyle2

Thats amazing, its almost like some sort of syndicate the've got going.......

Well spotted Lee.:laugh:

brands online
Thats amazing, its almost like some sort of syndicate the've got going.......

Well spotted Lee.:laugh:

That's why you were so sorely missed MsPlod!

qball

Please note, shill bidding is monitored and we can monitor discreet listings. From what I can see these accounts are run by different individuals who are linked in some way, and have received warnings for their indiscretions. Most shill bidding is picked up on our side on a regular basis.

Miss Jewels

Well done to the loyal detectives on the forum. You all make BoBs' work so much easier.

mellowred

She's not called MsPlod for nothing :cheesy:

MsPlod
Please note, shill bidding is monitored and we can monitor discreet listings. From what I can see these accounts are run by different individuals who are linked in some way, and have received warnings for their indiscretions. Most shill bidding is picked up on our side on a regular basis.

They clearly are linked in some way - PrincessLou buys almost exclusively from Melbon on BoB...

All ratings received by PrincessLou from sellers on bidorbuy.co.za

and S/he is not very good at rating sellers... gives far fewer ratings than s/he gets...

S/he bids a lot unsuccessfully on Melbon's stuff too...

e.g.

Other Outdoor Sports - Outdoor 7 in 1 Multi Function Hiking Camping Survival Whistle was sold for R41.00 on 13 Apr at 23:04 by Melbon in Alrode (ID:36171055)

Charms & Pendants - LEPDELITE NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT was sold for R62.00 on 13 Apr at 23:16 by Melbon in Alrode (ID:36172135)

Natural Beads - Orange Aventurine Gemstone Flat Oval Beads 14 1/3" was sold for R31.00 on 11 May at 22:46 by Melbon in Alrode (ID:37561703)

etc. etc. etc. etc..... Loads of examples

Fascinating stuff...

With all due respect Cuan, BoB is often reliant on the users of the site to point out discrepancies, concerns and problems, so to state that shilling is monitored by BoB can only be partly true?

qball

With all due respect MsPlod :wink: - we cannot monitor every single auction whilst it is running. Reports are generated on a regular basis which looks at certain things (parameters) usually after auctions close, if these appear on the report the security team take the necessary action, however, if there is no physical link between the 2 accounts it is often difficult to prove shill bidding. We may request proof of payment from buyers/bidders.

Do you know how many auctions run concurrently - 10's of thousands. It is not possible to monitor each and every one whilst it is happening, that is why we rely on the community to assist us and we are grateful for this assistance.

MsPlod

All I am requesting is some sort of rethink on the parameters for discreet auctions/sales. Maybe the final buyer remains unknown, but the unsuccessful bidders could be revealed afterwards? Hmmmm?

qball

The parameters are in place regardless of the type of auction. What you suggest defeats the purpose of a discreet auction , plus it affects the rights to privacy of innocent bidders who do not wish to have it known that they are bidding on these types of auctions. No technology can 100% eradicate shill bidding, suspicions and opinions can be investigated but if nothing concrete comes of it, we cannot always catch all of it. Unless we can get concrete links it can boil down to pure speculation.