Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Re: BoBPay Credit Card

voldermort

I am using the BoBPay Credit Card as a payment method for overseas buyers only, alas it seems to me that the majority of buyers do not read shipping conditions as on my shipping i have stated This Option Is For Overseas Buyers Only and I have it stated twice in my shipping, however 90% of local buyers are using this option resulting in my spending most of my time reversing credit card payments and sending unnecessary emails informing them that This Option Is For Overseas Buyers Only.

Could the problem stem from this first line in the shipping which no matter how hard I try I am unable to edit:

Pay online using your Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Diners Club card.

The above line seems to be automatically generated. It is also perhaps contributing to the confusion re: payment methods. I understand that some sellers would & do accept both local & international BoBPay Credit Card payments however is it not possible then to have an option with this same line but perhaps with 2 or 3 choices which every seller could edit eg:

1. International & Local Buyers Pay online using your Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Diners Club card.

2. International Buyers Pay online using your Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Diners Club card.

3. Local Buyers Pay online using your Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Diners Club card.

Please would it be possible to look into at least some kind of change in the wording?

Thanks

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree - if only we could change the wrting to be bigger and more bold so that buyers can actually take note of specific instructions!

Or if the sellers had an option to "select" certain specs with regards to the payment option - what I mean is that in my instance, I do not accept credit card payments for orders under R150 so my setting would be something along the lines of "Minimum payment accepted R150".

I've lost count on how many credit card transactions under R150 I have had to reverse the past few weeks alone! My "instruction" is clearly stated throughout the listing and payment process, yet the buyers' still insist on using the CC for payment. I send a friendly polite message stating why the payment was reversed, and it does not always go down very well with buyers - even though it is clear as day on the listing, etc.

Somedays I just sigh... somedays I grab a strong cup of coffee...

voldermort

Quite right, even though the terms & conditions are clear to see not all buyers are happy with the explanation...of course if all buyers read the terms & conditions before bidding there would be no problems at all.

qball

Unfortunately we cannot change this - we cannot customise this to cater for every users' requirements.

voldermort

Thanks for replying in any event.

wayjen

I did not check to see what our banking details say but if there were no banking details on our sites and the buyers had to contact us for those details then we would have worked out by then where they from and can give them the correct procedure to use to pay us.