Sign in to follow this  
KMartin

Seller AuctionKings.. Your take on this ?

KMartin

I won a auction on 9 September, my take was great.. got a bargin... EFT completed and confirmed by 11 September 7am.

Since then no contact from Seller...

After 5 mails, and then turning to BOB for help, BOB team sending 3 mails i get a mail this morning : please send banking details for refund.

Good that the seller is offering a refund, but why ?

did the auction price end too low ? Was there a postal error ? Is / Was the Item not in Stock ?

There was no tracking number, so i can guess the item was never sent.

Imagine if every seller gave refunds if items sold for lower than expected.. :twisted:

I have not had a reply of reason's yet, although are bids not " binding contract's" ?

below is the Auction in Question :

External Drives - .:: Auction Kings::. External 500GB Apacer AC601 Hard Drive ~ USB + eSATA Connection was sold for R200.00 on 9 Sep at 14:02 by AuctionKings in Jeffreys Bay (ID:45463668)

So.. My Question to the Forum is, Should i take the refund and assume its ok or stand up and hold my rights as i had a binding contract with the seller and paid within the 48Hours as listed in auction ?

Pickle Bearies

Hi, I had a similar case. I was winning three auctions for R1 when they were obviously worth quite a bit. Just before the auctions closed my bids were deleted and items were completely deleted. I contacted BOB and asked for help to find the reason as this is not correct. I received a reply that there was a fault in the listing. Why did the seller only spot the fault just an hour before closure and also a fault on all three listings? I think not! I never received a proper response or conclusive answer.

I think stand up for your rights and demand a proper answer. This is what auctions are about! As sellers we have all made losses on auctions but we hold to the integrity of the system. This is the risk of the auction.

If bids are binding contracts so are items up for auctions!

If there is a proper answer to your refund I think you should be told what the reason is.

StudMuffinsMissus

I retract :blink:

Edited by StudMuffinsMissus
Sometimes I do before I think

staccato

If as a seller, you list items at R1 no reserve as in the Crazy and Snap auctions, it is your risk should there only be a bid for R1. I have often sold at a loss because of this, but I still treat the buyer/s the same as if R1,000 was spent. It is a gamble sometimes but that's just the way it is! I think sellers that "chicken out" one way or another, should be carefully watched by admin and warned. The transaction is equally binding to both the buyer and the seller.

phventer

I had a similar case where I won an auction for R1 and when it came to delivery all of a sudden the item was broken and could not be delivered. a couple of weeks later the exact same satellite dish came up for auction again and was sold for R100.00. I saw this and contacted bob and the end result was that the seller was suspended for some time. So yes stand up for your rights the seller must honor the sale he must realize that there may be no interest for his product on the day and if its R1 that's unfortunately the gamble he took. I insisted on seeing photos of the broken item and got all sorts of excuses I never got my bargain but there is some comfort in knowing that justice was served.

KMartin

Not good

Thanks, i would like to take it further, but i am still not able to get hold of the seller. he is not giving any answer to any mails or calls.

lilythepink

Send a fully descriptive email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. As it's the week-end I doubt you'll get an immediate reply (sometimes they take 24 to 48 hours to respond if they're busy) but it's worth the effort. Good luck.

MsPlod

This seller has had one or two issues in the past...

Take this sale as an example

Other Laptops & Notebooks - CRAZY R1 AUCTION!! COMPLETE WALLPAPER WEBSITE WALLPAPERZ.CO.ZA was sold for R2,825.00 on 17 Feb at 23:31 by AuctionKings in Jeffreys Bay (ID:19343748)

Read the comments by the winning bidder here...

All ratings received by dave_james from sellers on bidorbuy.co.za

Wonder what the story was?

KMartin

update :

here is the first mail i got.. today :

I am not sure if Kim is aware, but on auction #45463668 she was not the highest bidder! We found out that someone sold the item in store and where forced to remove the item because it was not available to BidorBuy.

I only found this out just before the action closed so Bidder (madmacc - R275-00) and (eagle2k - R350-00) bids were removed but by then the auction already closed and (kmartin - R200-00) won the auction.

As you can see there were much higher bids than KMartin’s, and was not removed due to low pricing.

--------

Due to low pricing ? then why start an aution with no reserve at R1, if you not willing to sell at that price ?

admin

Hi KMartin,

There seems to be some confusion here. The seller was busy deleting the bids to close the item without a winner and did not notice that the auction was about to close. After deleting the winning bid and the runner-up bid the auction automatically closed and made you the winner as the seller was about to delete yours and the rest of the bidders bids. This is confirmed by the log file of the sellers auction.

This sentence should be read correctly "As you can see there were much higher bids than KMartin’s, and was not removed due to low pricing. "

Meaning that the auction was not closed due to the bids being low but because the item was not available anymore.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

I will do a full refund to kmartin, and do apologize about this situation.
Edited by admin
Added last sentence of sellers email.

KMartin

oh well

Oh well, ok...

Thanks....

Will accept refund...

would have been nice to know sooner than 14 days from the seller what was going on..

KMartin

Refunded and Sorted... Thanks.

lilythepink

Thanks for letting us know, kmartin! It's nice to hear happy resolutions to problems expressed on this forum. :razz: