Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

German Shepherd Rescue Club???

booksallsizes

Hi all

I had to put my lovely old dog down on Friday. She was very old but it was till a horrible shock and my heart just won't stop aching at the moment. I'm missing her terribly.

While I just don't feel up to another dog yet (I know this will change), I also want to put feelers out as I am going to have to find another companion for my poor, sad other dog. She is really taking it hard. I am giving her rescue remedy constantly but she is still very miserable. But once I feel a little stronger, I can start getting into action.

But before that ... does anyone know of a German Shepherd Rescue contact number - preferably in Eastern Cape area. Just so that when the time is right, I have a few resources to contact. I will also go to the Animal Welfare Society sometime - but I need to be 100% strong when I do that - so I'm just starting with contact numbers for now. And German Shepherds are my big love so I think that should be my first consideration.

Thank you - hoping someone knows a suitable contact

mellowred

Oh, I'm so sad to hear that Victoria. It's a very hard decision to have to make. All of us pet lovers have to face it at sometime and it is never easy.

It takes time to get over it, but the fond memories never leave you. I still think of and miss my cat who passed away more than eight years ago.

You'll find the right pooch when the time is right.

Thoughts are with you.

MsPlod

Aaaah BAS!! Rough one... Tough decision to make but it was very brave and kind. Had to put my dear companion of 14 years down at the beginning of the year too - still rips at me to see photos and videos of her. Strength to you.

Agree with MellowRed that the right dog will find you, maybe a little sooner than you expect though.

lilythepink

So sorry to hear about your beloved pet, Victoria. Thanks, though, for knowing when the time was right to say "adieu" - her spirit will always be with you but I'm sure you know that. I firmly believe in the saying that "so long as someone remembers you, you are never dead"!

Hope another needy spirit will soon be in your life again!

staccato

Hi, I am no expert but I have had and trained German Shepherds most of my adult life (now 64), I have a reasonable knowledge of their habits, traits, temperaments ailments and treatments etc. If I can be of assistance you are welcome to pm me for my contact details.

Regards

DestinysAngels

:sad2:So sorry about your loss, there is unfortunately no words of comfort in a time such as this, i will see what i can do for you about a Club near to you, when the time is right you will find the perfect doggie, i am thinking of you in this time, in the mean time here is a hug for you and i do hope it helps a bit!

IN VERONICA'S HOUSE THERE ARE DOGS ! They make her House a Home!

。* 。

° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π____*。*˚

˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */________/~\。˚ ˚ ˛

˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門| •

DOGS are PURE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

retailrush

I am so sorry to hear your sad news Victoria. We have had to make this difficult decision so many times over the years, but it never gets any easier. Our pets are our children and they do break our hearts eventually... I am thinking of you...

TS Ron

Booksallsizes.. I know you going through an emotional time right now. When my hubbie had to say good bye to his dog two years ago I presented him with this poem: Actually all dog lovers do enjoy it as well.

[h=1]Poem for Dog Lovers[/h]Hello. I've been expecting you for quite some time.

Here, come sit beside us for awhile .

and let me tell you about this old friend of mine.

She might look tattered or maybe old

But I won't say goodbye until you've been told.

She had the brightest eyes I had ever seen,

And wore a beautiful fur coat that would out shine a queen .

She was never prissy but walked with an aire ......

And oh so polite, you could take her most anywhere.

She could run like the wind and could catch anything she chased

But she protected and sat with me when I had problems to face.

You could not find a friend nearly so dear.

Because no matter the trouble she always stayed near...

She has never asked for much from me;

Just to love and respect her and I think you'll agree .

To give her a good meal plus a nice warm bed is not much to ask ;

When she has given me all her love and to her this was no task.

Now I understand you have a schedule to keep.

But I have a small favor before she nods off to sleep.

Please fold your wings around her and let her feel young while in no pain ;

Dear Guardian Angel of Pets ,

please keep her safe and happy until I see her again.

Ginger Patton

retailrush

@ asecon - This is just beautiful... I now have tears in my eyes! :cry:

booksallsizes

Thank you everyone! I never thought it would be this hard to lose Tuscany, even though I was trying to prepare myself for the time when it would happen. But I know time will make it feel better.

Have already been offered a puppy, which I've passed on because I know he will find a nice home as he's a pretty hot German Shepherd and it's a bit too soon for me. And, Mellow, I do think that I'll find the right dog at the right time. He/She's out there...

Asecon, that is a lovely poem - thank you!

And I would like to give everyone a virtual group hug! You are all so kind.

58f5a7298c634_grouphug.jpg.f4acab8f1f52ccce987f439465138913.jpg

mellowred

Love the group hug BAZ. Thanks :wub: