Sign in to follow this  
czb

Affiliate link question

czb

Hi,

I would like to send someone an affiliate link of a single product on BoB. How do I generate that link?

I don't want to send the person to my website with iframe first. I need an affiliate link I can use in email to friend so that when they click on it, it will go straight to the product.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Colin

spacefinder

Hi, as far as I know, you could only narrow the link down to a single category in your listings - so you'd have to list your item all by its lonesome self in that category! You need to look at the trade feed generator. I use it on my shopfront and have used four categories: Click here to go to Old Books! - my bidorbuy shopfront for browsing. (Please note: There is NO facility for contacting me other than through my bidorbuy listings on this site).

czb

Hi spacefinder,

Nice website!

I wonder it it will work to use the URL that is used when clicking on the iframe on a specific item. That url has a different code, so I am wondering it Bob will know it came from me if I only use that code to send to friend?

Colin

spacefinder

Hi Colin,

Thank you.

I'm not sure, I'm not technical enough. Best I can say is: Perhaps. I think you need to contact the technical guys at bob.

Regards,

Paul

qball

Hi Colin

Log into My bidorbuy, click the Affiliate tab. Then click on Banner Advertisement under Affiliate Tools. Scroll right down to Text Link.

Then find the item you wish to link to - for example - http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/46175234/Gardening_for_Everyone_on_CD_Free_Ebooks.html

Take the text link you copied and where it says bidorbuy - target=http://www.bidorbuy.co.za insert the the item link -

My Referral Link

Edited by qball

OnlineBaas

Thx qball, that was super helpfull!