Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Do we sell the Thumbnail or the description of an article?

wayjen    10
wayjen

When posting an article, is it the Thumbnail or the description that we as sellers have to supply?

What happens if a thumbnail shows something (a mistake) and the description shows another and a buyer buys the item in the thumbnail?

What happens in that respect?

voldermort    10
voldermort

honestly I dont know BUT I would imagine that your headlines would count in this respect eg: Black Cotton Jersey and if you have a photo of the black cotton jersey in your ad or thumbnail then it would be logical to assume you are selling a black cotton jersey and NOT the red thong you have mistakenly also put an image of into the ad...........however if there was such a mistake in your ad, shouldnt the buyer have queried this BEFORE bidding/buying and made sure of what it was they were buying?

wayjen    10
wayjen

Thanks Sam, I take it you saw my ad?

I made a mistake with an article but have agreed to refund the buyer.

I often come across listings with no descriptions so people are basically selling what is in the Thumbnail. I also had a buyer purchase an item which had all the faults pointed out in the listing but turned around and said "it looked better in the picture".

voldermort    10
voldermort

mm, I did see it and to me it is very clear what you are selling......however it seems to be one of those days which brings out the very "best" in some sorry souls.

Be careful when listing a new ad because if you dont have a file within a file sometimes if for example you had an item up called Murder In A Back Alley and now you are listing an item called Murder Too Strange occasionally the uploader will automatically upload Murder In A Back Alley, which is why it is real important once you have the ad up & running to place the photos in a tucked away folder.

bookdealers    10
bookdealers

Same thing happened to me, I list a series of battles of world war II books and by mistake I loaded the Japan battle photo instead of the Moscow one (which I was describing). I noticed my mistake and queried with the buyer before I posted the book and refunded him, since he wanted the Japan one.

It was just by luck I noticed otherwise I would of had to pay for postage as well :P.

It seems that some buyers see or read what they want and sometimes don't think to ask, which is fair enough I wouldn't expect mistakes in listings and I can be quite impulsive ;)

kyle2    10
kyle2

I think the rule of Thumb(nail) should be what you see is what you get, errors aside. Most buyers see the thumbnail and decide on that info alone if they want something.:toung:

wayjen    10
wayjen

It's a fine line between buying from a thumbnail and appealing a rating given to you even though the description is there for all to see.

If buyers want to buy by thumbnail alone then us sellers can save precious time not describing our items.

qball    11
qball

We look at both, but primarily the description is what is the most important - as a picture cannot describe the item, features, functions, errors, blemishes, facts etc.

wayjen    10
wayjen

One clients says my article looks better in the picture. Quite a complement when it's a 2.0 megapixel camera.

mellowred    10
mellowred

Truth is Wayne, some things do look better in a photo, and how do you mention that in a listing? "Item looks good in photo but really poop in front of me here on my desk?". LOL I have something listed where I had to include something to that effect.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
When posting an article, is it the Thumbnail or the description that we as sellers have to supply?

What happens if a thumbnail shows something (a mistake) and the description shows another and a buyer buys the item in the thumbnail?

What happens in that respect?

Dit het al met my gebeur op 'n geleentheid. Gelukkig het die thumbnail die regte item op gehad! Die beskrywing het 'n heel ander foto asook beskrywing gehad

Ek het dit so aan die klient verduidelik ook. Gelukkig was hy baie inskiklik. Moet ook byvoeg al die kopers is nie so inskiklik nie.

wayjen    10
wayjen

nou moet ek "inskiklik" gaan opsoek want ek weet nie wat dit is nie die ander worde kan ek verstaan.

now must I "inskiklik" go up look because I know not what this is no the other words can I far stand.

wayjen    10
wayjen
Truth is Wayne, some things do look better in a photo, and how do you mention that in a listing? "Item looks good in photo but really poop in front of me here on my desk?". LOL I have something listed where I had to include something to that effect.

I'm going to try sell poop on BoB. One listing will just be a thumbnail with no description and another will be no thumbnail and very descriptive and I want to see which one sells better.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
nou moet ek "inskiklik" gaan opsoek want ek weet nie wat dit is nie die ander worde kan ek verstaan.

now must I "inskiklik" go up look because I know not what this is no the other words can I far stand.

accommodating Wayne

[TABLE=class: data]

[TR=class: rowselected]

[TD=class: borderbody]Inskiklik

[/TD]

[TD]

INSKIKLIK

Inskiklik b.nw. Toegewend, laat baie toe, tegemoedkomend, konsessie, inwilligend, verdraagsaam, gedwee,4Wees altyd bly in die Here! Ek herhaal: Wees bly! 5Wees inskiklik teenoor alle mense. Die Here is naby Fil 4:4-5 NVHulle moet inskiklik wees en altyd bedagsaam teenoor almal. *** 3:2 NV

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by MiemsJewels

wayjen    10
wayjen

aah dankie Miems dit was delicious.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
aah dankie Miems dit was delicious.

LOL Wayne, Such a pity my english "tale" is also not so very "delicious" nie.:nuts:

wayjen    10
wayjen

I am just wondering how a discreet listing works. Do you list it as discreet so no one sees but how do buyers get t know about it?

Is the item listed as per normal but only the buyers are discreet?

qball    11
qball

As a seller, when you create your listing, you can opt to make it discreet, all this does is hide the bidders username, so no one else can see who is bidding for privacy reasons.