Sign in to follow this  
spacefinder

My "front door" website to my bidorbuy listings.

spacefinder

I have created a website which links directly to my book listings on bidorbuy, in which I promote books which I have listed. My question is: Am I allowed to promote the website from my listings. The sole purpose of the website is to drive traffic to my listing. It also has a blog, which I understand is allowed, but through the blog the rest of the site can be reached. I'd like to know what other members think.

Thank you.

Edited by admin
Removed link

admin

Hi spacefinder,

Unfortunately if there is a link to contact you, e.g the link to email you on your blog, or items for sale, the link will not be allowed in your listings or in your posts on the forums.

spacefinder

I Understand. Thank you for such a prompt reply to my query. The site was constructed to take advantage of your affiliate scheme, but obviously it does need to have a contact page for me. I'll make sure not to list it anywhere on bidorbuy.

mellowred
Hi spacefinder,

Unfortunately if there is a link to contact you, e.g the link to email you on your blog, or items for sale, the link will not be allowed in your listings or in your posts on the forums.

Hi Admin, I'm a bit unsure now. I thought you could like to a webpage so long as it does not promote sales(?) It is early morning, so maybe my 1/2 brain cell is not functioning yet?

spacefinder

Hi, I've been asked to include my signature link to my listings:

mellowred

That's legal :cheesy:

admin
Hi Admin, I'm a bit unsure now. I thought you could like to a webpage so long as it does not promote sales(?) It is early morning, so maybe my 1/2 brain cell is not functioning yet?

Hi Mandy,

When it has contact details, or a means to contact that person, in any shape or form, the link is not allowed.

mellowred

Ok. So only if it is a web page of photos and/or descriptions. Understood.

admin

Now this looks good and complies, there is no way to contact spacefinder anymore except through the listings on bidorbuy : Home for Old Books! - oldbooks

Good luck :awesome:

mellowred

Hey, hey that really does look good Spacefinder.

May I stick my nose in AGAIN :cool:. Perhaps you should put the BoB link at the top as well and perhaps a bit more prominent. I had to look for it and I knew it was there somewhere. People hitting your site from another source may not realise how to get hold of your books.

That is a really nice site. It is easy to set up? User friendly and so forth (for web-idiots like me?).

spacefinder

Hi Admin,

thank you very much for your help and assistance, and your compliment!

I think it is very useful to have a shopfront for one's listings, and I'm very pleased you've allowed it. I'll make sure to mention that it has no way of enabling a viewer to contact me except through my bidorbuy listings - along the lines of:

"Click here to go to Old Books! - my bidorbuy shopfront for browsing. Please note: There is NO facility for contacting me other than through my bidorbuy listings".

Edited by spacefinder
update

spacefinder

Hi Mellowred, thank you.

It took a little while to make my shopfront! I'll be offering to make sites like mine very, very soon on my auction listings - watch for details.

booksallsizes

That's absolutely brilliant, spacefinder - love it love it love it!

dstorm
I'll be offering to make sites like mine very, very soon on my auction listings - watch for details.

Hello spacefinder

What would the work involved be from my side?

Keep well and regards

Jacques

spacefinder

Hi Jacques, basically you would need to supply the content and photographs, plus some html code you would copy and paste from your affiliate trade feed. But its all going to be explained in a listing soon. I'll be sure to let you know via this forum when its up.

Thank you for your interest.

Kind regards,

Paul

spacefinder

On-line Bob Shop

Hi everyone

Thank you again for your enthusiasm for my Bob Shop! I have now worked out all the costings for me to make sites for other bobers, and have chosen to try an auction listing, simply because I won't be able to work on more than one site at a time. This is a link to the listing: YOUR OWN BIDORBUY ON-LINE SHOP, should you want your own Bob Shop!

Cheers!

Paul

BeadsandBaubles
Hello spacefinder

What would the work involved be from my side?

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Hi Jacques

Have you tried one of the free sites - there are mils of them and so easy to use. I have started this one:

Beads & Baubles (don't worry admin - no links, just my affiliate feed :noworry::bigsmile:) still needs a lot of work but I have got my affiliate links up and so far traffic has been quite good.

Better still is google sites (just google "google sites" , lol) they are superfantastic. I know nothing about building a website but my google site has received over 2000 hits in 14 days, not bad for an amateur, I think. Unfortunately I cannot add my site here because its a free advertising site for crafters.

I have also made a whopping R118 :toung: on google adwords this last 2 weeks, haha. Not much, but something.

A person doesn't need a lot of knowledge to build them. I'm the biggest II that there is, but they don't let you make mistakes and you can just delete any pages that don't come out right.

If you want to try them out, I can get you some really cool links to loads of free stuff, such as flash banners, scrolling text, etc, etc.

Regards

Sandy

Cali Craft and Gems

I have been playing around with a "new" website that does not contain any contact information - Admin - please check it out to see if it meets the BoB specifications to be included in my listings... Still a work in progress, but getting there none-the-less:

Cali Craft & Gems - Home

Mustlovebooks
Better still is google sites (just google "google sites" , lol) they are superfantastic. I know nothing about building a website but my google site has received over 2000 hits in 14 days, not bad for an amateur, I think. Unfortunately I cannot add my site here because its a free advertising site for crafters.

Hi Sandy,

Where can you see how many hits your google site received?