Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

Postage costs

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

Are mail costs regulated on BOB , R250 . to send a 1kg item speed services , uninsured , speed services is R52 -63 rand for one kilo , another is R580 for 2 kilos , i use speed everyday of my life and cant understand how these people work out the price , can it not be regulated within reason .

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi MrMouse (love the ID by the way :awesome:)

This subject has been discussed so many times. Basically BoB cannot "regulate" shipping costs. This is understandable because there is no logical way of scanning listings for high postage fees. Each listing would have to be manually checked and this would be impossible.

However, BoB do not take kindly to excessive fees, and will warn any user trying to profit out of this.

Only way to stop these "scammers" is to READ all postage fees before bidding. DON'T bid where the fees are excessive. REPORT the listing to BoB. If the postage fees are only disclosed after the item has been won/bought I would say that this is then a breach of the deal and you should also then report it to BoB before paying.

Regards

Mandy

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

I agree with you , I import and distribute spares for life support systems and freight can be expensive and time consuming , but dont rip the customer off , the one particular seller just lost a good sale because of refusal to drop shipping , his item has been on the listings for ages now with no buyers . I refuse to pay R250. for freight when I know what the costs are , the only thing I can think of is he drops the price of the item to make it look attractive then pushes up the mail costs .

mellowred    10
mellowred
....... the only thing I can think of is he drops the price of the item to make it look attractive then pushes up the mail costs .

That's what they do. That is why so many of the discussions on this subject point out sellers who offer practically all their items at R1. (No offense to the genuine R1 Crazy sellers intended here.)

wayjen    10
wayjen

Here's where the problem comes in. Buyers are sitting at home looking for something, be it a book or an ornament etc. They have a rough idea on the size and the weight of the item they have bid on, that's all good and well but they have no idea on how the item gets packaged. They argue about postage because their idea of price is determined by their idea of size and weight, they have no idea that once the item gets packaged, so it ends up in one piece when it gets to them, the size and the weight of said package is increased.

We all know that some people rip buyers off with out of this world prices and if you think this is happening then either ask the seller a question or report them to BoB.