Sign in to follow this  
kyle2

Shocking Sales on Crazy Wednesday!

Miss Jewels

Asha, I agree with you 100%. I'm going to see what this Wednesday does then I'm going to follow the same route as you

Jacques Kuun

Hello all

I will be the first to admit that my turnover on BoB is down.

But…I run a small DVD shop (as in small) and an even smaller stamp shop. The turnover in these two shops is even more down than what my turnover on BoB is. I also do two stamp fairs a month. Turnover here is down as well.

I have nothing to gain by trying to compliment BoB, but I think that now is the time to be the magician and to pull the rabbit out of the hat (full acknowledgement to Neil Green). BoB is merely reflecting what is going on in the economy.

The Rugby World Cup will affect my turnover negatively. As much as I love rugby, each and every Rugby World Cup since 1995 made my sales drop by at least 25%.

This is a fact of life.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

PS. To agree with you all - I picked up a magnificent bargain on this week's Wednesday Auctions.

MiemsJewels
Anyone else had a bad day on Wednesday? I made a substantial loss on goods sold, excluding fees, really disappointed.:sad:

Again.....Friday's auction.............for the seller.....BAD.......for the buyers......VERY GOOD!

a Buyer market indeed.

So thankful I didn't list on Friday..:rolleyes:

lawrencerd

Hi guys - so you're not the only ones. Avoided last weeks wacky wednesday as I had a disaster the week before - the second week of the month - and worse, not only are you giving stuff away but you have to pack a suite of glassware as well it you sell for R60 or R600. Would rather have run the whole lot round to Animal Anti-Cruelty League or something. But I didd buy well last wednesday - sorry Babyface - regards Frank

Wild Olive Art

This last Wednesday was absolutely shocking for me. My sales were 50% less than I usually make and although I have noticed a downward trend lately , Crazy Wednesday was by far the worst it has been.

I have noticed that there are fewer and fewer artists listing in the art section on the crazy auctions because the sales have been so poor in the last 6 weeks or so. It's just not worth letting a work of art go for less than the price of the canvas !!

spacefinder

I too have been very disapointed with Wednesday sales and have lost a lot. I understand there is only one to go for, which is when a Wednesday falls within the Pay-days bracket! But I've noticed an general drop in both sales and visits over the last few months. But then, when you walk down you local main road shopping area, or mall, are you noticing more empty shops?

I don't know if or where bidorbuy advertises, but perhaps it should be boosted to attract new members. And maybe promote the site overseas, too? Of course, we should all be trying to recruit new members as well.