Sign in to follow this  
kyle2

Shocking Sales on Crazy Wednesday!

kyle2    10
kyle2

Anyone else had a bad day on Wednesday? I made a substantial loss on goods sold, excluding fees, really disappointed.:sad:

kebs    10
kebs

I've basically given up on the Wednesday auctions.. My items go for far too little! :wondering:

meeks    10
meeks
Anyone else had a bad day on Wednesday? I made a substantial loss on goods sold, excluding fees, really disappointed.:sad:

The crafts category on Crazy Wednesday auctions seem to be on it's way out. Very poorly supported, and sellers are losing out big time.

Where less than a year ago, there were numerous bead sellers (bulk kits) 2 or 3 are listing now.

Also, during the month end, and first week of a new month, there used to be 80, to 100+ listings on crazy Wednesday crafts, this week there were just over 30, last week not many more.

The economy seems to have slowed buying down considerably.

voldermort    10
voldermort

I don't advertise on Crazy Weds but I do usually keep an eye on them for any items I am interested in and last night things were literally bn given away. I'm sure you will have the odd person or 2 who will come on & say what great sales they had but from what I could see, from a sellers point of view, overall it was absolutely crippling. Very good for the buyers though.......so perhaps if you have some $ stashed away, this is the time to start buying.

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

Are there any trends according to which week it is of the month and proximity to pay-days?

meeks    10
meeks
Are there any trends according to which week it is of the month and proximity to pay-days?

The first and last weeks of a month used to bring good sales/bids where crazy Wednesday auctions are concerned, but that seems to have dwindled dramatically for the past few months.

I am referring to sales/bids in the craft category

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I used to push to get listings on for the Crazy Wed, but since experiencing too much of a loss overall, I've given it a rest. I run my own promotions during the month (Sunrise Specials and Lunchtime Madness) and the odd Weekend Specials too. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but have noticed a tremendous down-trend since the main page of BoB changed a few weeks back - suppose since the "buttons" for the special promotions have moved not many buyers have bothered looking for it?

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

This week was the worst Crazy Wednesday I've ever experienced.

mellowred    10
mellowred

I've only just started listing again and put a few things up on Crazy. I cancelled two auctions in the early afternoon because there were people "watching" but no bids came up so I was very nervous of sniper bids. Hennie would have had a fit if I'd sold his army helmet for R1 :wondering:.

TS Ron    10
TS Ron
This week was the worst Crazy Wednesday I've ever experienced.

I am glad that I thought I was the lonely one that felt that way this week!:mad:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

This was my worst ever Crazy Wednesday Kyle! :sowsuser:

babyface2    10
babyface2
This was my worst ever Crazy Wednesday Kyle! :sowsuser:

same here, i am wondering if it is worth listing on wednesdays anymore:huh:

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

My other problem was when checking my auctions, I had messages of "maintenance". Not sure if my pc is on the bling with giving errors or if this was the case with BoB?

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Bargains for the buyers!

brands online    10
brands online

We're finding Fridays also spiralling downward of late...:worried:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I absolutely agree with Brands. I've been trying the Week-end Auctions where one can actually give a reasonable starting price (and still allow buyers to have "fun" with the bidding) but it is a waste of time and money from my experience.

kyle2    10
kyle2

From the comments above I think unless something changes or BoB makes it better somehow, I am out of the Crazy Wednesday Auctions from now on.:hm:

The Loss is one thing, then there are the fee's which still have to be paid, and that easily adds up to more than the cost of the item.

Never mind......

Edited by kyle2

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
from the comments above i think unless something changes or bob makes it better somehow, i am out of the crazy wednesday auctions from now on.:hm:

The loss is one thing, then there are the fee's which still have to be paid, and that easily adds up to more than the cost of the item.

Never mind......

I second kyle!!!

brands online    10
brands online

Here I go throwing a spanner in the works again, but we've noticed a steady downward trend since the new 'look' was introduced. I did mention this but was told that BOB have noticed an increase in sales generally so I figured it was just me. Apparently not...

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

No Brands. You are absolutely correct. The "updates" and "maintenance" inbetween auctions as well as on crazy Wednesday and Snap Friday, have been killing our auctions. The new looks still confuses too many people and I'm afraid this is grossly affecting our sales on the site. I constantly have "errors", have upgraded Outlook Express and Firefox, updated my toolbar as advised by the staff, but alass,....I'm still suffering.

brands online    10
brands online
I don't think that those comments are correct. Looking at our current trading stats (with still 4 hours to go), turnover has increased by 15% compared to the same trading days over the last 3 weeks. Compared to the 28.6. (also just a few days after payday) we recorded today already a 8% increase in turnover.

Looking at Google Analytics, we don't see any declining trend and page visits to Crazy Wednesday are comparable to previous weeks.

It's perhaps too early to say, that the improvement is related to the new UI, but one can certainly say, that turnover did not decrease because of it.

While a number of users did not see the Crazy Wednesday banner for some time during the day, the featured items rolled in at 12pm for everyone to see. Our newsletter reached all users (310,000) by about 6pm and the prominent left-hand banner also provides navigation to the Crazy Wednesday.

From the thread:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/bidorbuy-announcements/14273-new-bidorbuy-user-interface-look-feel-feedback-3.html

Wonder if anything's changed...

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We have not seen a drop in turnover, conversions (both sales and registrations), Google Analytics stats (both unique visitors and page views) - to the contrary most stats have slightly increase since the UI rollout.

We have noticed a small increase in conversions (when it comes to cart, checkout and order confirmation).

Although we have always had filtering and sorting in place, having it made more accessible, we do find that buyers are doing now a lot more research and price comparison before deciding on the item to be bought.

If your current sales strategy does not work, perhaps trial enhancements or a mix of auctions and buynows or improve your shipping options/prompts - we have seen the biggest drop in conversions (for buynows) where buyers go through the checkout process and where "scared" off by seller notices or confusing shipping/payment instructions.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

From this side of the flat map....I pay 'no never mind' to charts, stats, etc. I look at the 'bottom line' at the end of the month and my bottom line, since all the 'enhancements' and 'upgrades', is on life support.

Crazy Wednesday and Snap Friday, 'once upon a time', was fun. Now it is just costly: time, energy and fees. I 'tried' today just to see if 'things' had improved and nope; one sale and buyer emailed saying she changed her mind.

I am not a 'paid-for' consultant or a 'professional' designer or.....but, as a Seller, I feel the front page is far too busy and the moving the Promo section from the upper left hand corner to where it is now is a sales 'killer'. From a buyer's point of view, it must be like "Where's Waldo".

I will list Promo occassionally: 1st week and last week of the month, but I will no longer be listing 10 - 15 items each Crazy Wednesday or Snap Friday.

This comment is the 'flip side of the coin' of Admin's and is not meant to disrespect Admin or minimize their hard work on behalf of buyers / sellers. Their job is not an easy one and I would not want it. It is just MHO.

Ruthie

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I've taken a whopping gamble (probably to prove my own point) and listed 45 items for the coming Crazy Wednesday! I actually think I need my head read but,.....let's see

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Since middle August I have been at a complete loss with the Wednesday auctions. Fridays are still so-so, but also going down. I listed LOTS of items the past two Wednesdays and changed my time around from the usual midnight slot, to 21:30 and the sales were even worse!! I'm seriously considering just doing Buy Now's, because I'd rather sit with stock till Christmas, than pay someone else to take it!