Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Bad, bad luck...

brands online

Hi all,

Today is just one of those gloomy, gloomy days for me. Parked my car with all my BOB parcels outside the physiotherapist' office and had it broken into and 27 parcels stolen. :sad: Have mailed the customers to tell them orders will be delayed by a day or two, and I do have a case no. if required, but have this sinking feeling some negatives are bound to follow...

Called my insurance company to have the window and broken window mechanism replaced and told my excess is R8000-00! Quote on the job is R3700-00. I signed up in 2006 with an excess of R1500-00. Still waiting for a copy of the policy to be mailed to me.

Just hate gloomy days...

retailrush

Oh NO!! Everyone's worse nightmare! So sorry for your problems... :sad: I hope your buyers are understanding and just take a moment to think how they would feel if it happened to them...

brands online

Thank you very much. Life throws these curveballs but we soldier through hey.

SProducts

That's very bad, I hope your buyers understands as the delay is not that much only about 2 days. I always wonder why one has to pay insurance when they have to take you from pillar to post when you claim.

DestinysAngels
Hi all,

Today is just one of those gloomy, gloomy days for me. Parked my car with all my BOB parcels outside the physiotherapist' office and had it broken into and 27 parcels stolen. :sad: Have mailed the customers to tell them orders will be delayed by a day or two, and I do have a case no. if required, but have this sinking feeling some negatives are bound to follow...

Called my insurance company to have the window and broken window mechanism replaced and told my excess is R8000-00! Quote on the job is R3700-00. I signed up in 2006 with an excess of R1500-00. Still waiting for a copy of the policy to be mailed to me.

Just hate gloomy days...

I am so sorry to hear this, tommorrow will be better, i promise!:angel:

voldermort

So sorry to hear this bad news........I'm sure though most of your buyers will be understanding regarding this.

MiemsJewels
Hi all,

Just hate gloomy days...

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Brands. Also look on the good side. You are still alive to tell the tale. I am sure the buyers will understand if you explain it to them. Good Luck!!

StudMuffinsMissus

That is real bad luck, I'm sorry. Hope you don't get any undeserved negatives.

mellowred

Ai Brands, sorry to hear this. Did your insurance cover the parcels?

TS Ron
Hi all,

Just hate gloomy days...

Oh Brands that is the worst nightmare in any sellers life. I am sure your buyers shall be understanding.. Good luck with having the window replaced.

staccato

I honestly sympathise! Same thing happened to me last year in November, I had 5 items I was about to mail to buyers, thieves broke in while I was "over the road" so to speak, I emailed all and explained why a delay in shipping their orders, all were very understanding except one who seemed to think I was stalling. Hope your buyers are all reasonable. The last thing you need now is a negative to add salt to the wound..lol. S**t happens at the worst times! Sorry to hear this, may you have a good month of sales in order to recover somewhat.

lilythepink

Brands - insurers are the absolute pits. We are trying to get storm damages to the out paid out - some are agreed to but not others so now a long argument is ensuing. (I don't know why the bother to quibble about small amounts but it seems a certain mentality keep a watch on insurance claims!!)

booksallsizes

Shame, Brands - hope it all works out. What a horrible thing to happen - sending loads of 'good luck' vibes your way!

MsPlod

Sterkte Brands!!

Rough one indeed. Truly hope your buyers get behind you with this and direct them to this thread on the forum. Sh!t does indeed happen, sometimes at the REALLY wrong time. Holding thumbs it can all be resolved and your sales are extra good this month to make up for the excess!

mellowred

HA MsPlod is back :smile:

lilythepink
Sterkte Brands!!

Rough one indeed. Truly hope your buyers get behind you with this and direct them to this thread on the forum. Sh!t does indeed happen, sometimes at the REALLY wrong time. Holding thumbs it can all be resolved and your sales are extra good this month to make up for the excess!

Jump up and down, clap your hands, stamp your feet and sing! I, too, am glad to have MsPlod back on the forum!

MsPlod

Ah LilythePink and Mellowred - thank you!!

My wish is to be a good luck fairy for Brands Online - here is hoping that his bad luck will turn into wonderfully good fortune!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

BRANDS-sorry to hear of your problems-hopefully soon all will be sorted.

MsPlod-glad you are back-i remember some sound advice you gave me when i was newbie on the forum so great to have you back again.

Neil

brands online

Thanks everyone! I'm not so much down as I am the m*$r in! Getting on track though. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Oob la dee, oob la da, life goes on...