Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Bid or Buy and Facebook.

wayjen

How do you link a picture on Facebook to the article on Bid or Buy? Is it allowed and can it be done?

Fashion Police

I've never done it before, but I think you can just paste the link on Bid or Buy's Facebook wall

PS: BoB has a Facebook page. Many people advertise their items on there.

There's also a FB 'like' button option on the articles on BoB, which will be displayed on your personal FB page if you click on 'like'

Edited by Fashion Police

wayjen

Thanks FP but what if I have a picture on my facebook page which people "LIKE" but I want them to also see it linked to BoB?

Fashion Police

Be sure to be logged in your Facebook account in another window. View your item on BoB as if you were a buyer. In the item listing (at the top) click on the FB ‘like’ button (next to ‘watchlist’, ‘twitter’ etc…) Then go to your Facebook profile wall – you will see the thumbnail, short description and link of the item that you ‘liked’ displayed on your wall. If you click on ‘share’ you will be given an option to share with a selection of friends or all your friends. The thumbnail & link will then be displayed on their FB home-pages where they can either ‘like’ or also ‘share’ the link with their friends. This way your item will circulate Facebook...

When your friends and their friends click on the link, it will take them directly to your BoB listing, where they can also view the rest of your listings – and/or the rest of BoB :o)

Networking – hectic! Imagine hearing all of this 12 years ago, shew! :wtf:

voldermort

Thank you FP, I think Wayne is sleeping but I just did it on my FB :blink1:

wayjen

ok here I am.Thanks Sam for the heads up.

FP, I will try that now and let you know, it sounds simple enough but................

wayjen

whoooo! hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic, it works.

Thanks FP.

voldermort

yes it does, now just to decide which items exactly to bomb all my FB friends with.......:cheesy:

wayjen

I originally put some pictures on Facebook that I have on BoB and I have had many overseas people "like" them so I though why not bring them to BoB cause that was the idea originally. The problem now is I cannot find them and don't know where they are on Facebook so I hope to attract buyers this way..

mellowred

You have too many FB friends Wayne. :razz:

wayjen

I don't even use facebook that much if at all.

mellowred

FB chews bandwidth, and time. Decided quite a long time ago to avoid as much as possible. But it is a good way to keep in touch with distant friends.