Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

Thumbnail photos often do not show?

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Why is it that sometimes thumbnail photos do not show with the first attempt of uploading and will only show when the photo is uploaded again? Anybody else having this problem?

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Yes i have raised this before and others as well-has been a problem for a few weeks now-strange and seems to affect many sellers-causes lots of extra work-MAC MUFFIN is aware of it

neil

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Thanks Neil, yes, loads of extra work :sad2:

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We had an issue early this week, where the clock-time of the thumbnail server was off - this resulted in some images not being generated but was rectified on Tuesday.

Can you guys provide concrete examples (i.e. trade-id and thumbnail URL and date/time)? In one case this week a seller's hosting service expired and relisting of existing trades resulted in errors as we could not re-generate the thumbnails. By the sounds of it, this does not seem to be the same/similar scenario and any extra detail would help us identifying where the problem resides.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MAC

I had an issue on thursday with a few items but when reloading the images they all came out ok-since then whatever i have loaded have all been ok with no image problems so hopefully has been sorted out-i will moniter and give you any trade ids when this occurs again

Thanks

Neil

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
HI MAC

I had an issue on thursday with a few items but when reloading the images they all came out ok-since then whatever i have loaded have all been ok with no image problems so hopefully has been sorted out-i will moniter and give you any trade ids when this occurs again

Thanks

Neil

Thanks - you can PM me or just post to this thread - preferably within a few hours when the problem occurs.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I dont like being critical but I think the enlargements of the thumbnails is not half as clear as they used to be.

Enlarging a thumbnail to get a better view of the item does not give one a clearer image as it did before.

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Can you guys provide concrete examples (i.e. trade-id and thumbnail URL and date/time)? In one case this week a seller's hosting service expired and relisting of existing trades resulted in errors as we could not re-generate the thumbnails. By the sounds of it, this does not seem to be the same/similar scenario and any extra detail would help us identifying where the problem resides.

No problem, as soon as it happens again I will post details here.