Sign in to follow this  
brnman

Affiiate Help Needed!

brnman

Dear BoB Team

I'm aware that this is probaby not the best way of getting in touch, but I've tried your Q&A support and have yet to hear back from them (this was a week ago).

I have some technical questions regarding your affiliate program (i.e. payments, cookie length, redirects, custom urls, the affiliate prgram in Kenya, payouts for affiliate program in Kenya etc.) and was wondering whether there is a dedicated affiliate support that could answer these.

Looking forward to your response...

qball

Dear Manuel

Thank you for your post. I cannot find any emails from you relating to this matter? What are the technical questions? I will try to answer them.

For details on the Affiliate Programme and payouts -

bidorbuy Affiliate Programme

bidorbuy Affiliate Terms and Conditions

We currently do not offer the Affiliate Programme in Kenya, but hope to have this up and running shortly.

Kind regards

Cuan

brnman

Hi Cuan - thanks for the response, please see my questions below:

Primarily, I would like to understand better how BoB tracks my referrals as the number of confirmed referrals seems extremely low given the amount if visitors I refer...just want to doublecheck that my links are set up correctly..

If my affiliate link is My Referral Link and I want to point to a search results page would this be correct:

My Referral Link, where XYZ is the KW that I want to search for?

Also does BoB set a cookie following the Click? How long does it last? Is it session-based? How long is a session? Basically if I refer someone, but they don't signup, but then return the next day to signup and purchase - will I still be credited?

Thanks for your insights!

qball

The links look fine, just a space in this one needed to be removed - My Referral Link

The registration referral sets a cookie which lasts a year, however, if they regularly delete cookies this will cause problems and may not necessarily be able to track the registration. The bid referrals are "in-session" based, so as long as the user's browser remains open we will be able to track this.

If the user followed the referral link, a cookie will be set, so if he leaves the site without signing up and comes back the following day and signs up, we will still track this.

However, please be aware - A Confirmed Registered User is one that registers and places a bid within 60 days. If they do not bid within the 60 days you will not be credited, as these are then low quality referrals.