Sign in to follow this  
rus_ty84

Please help with suspected fraudulent seller!

rus_ty84

I paid the seller shauncorp R5250 for a Macbook Pro 15" on the 18 Aug.

I was supposed to receive it two day later but apparently it got lost in the mail.

I was then offered a refund, I accepted. The transfer apparently failed, and was

then told he would do a direct deposit. I waited until Friday 2 Sep when he told

that he has to confirm the parcel at post office and then said he would send a

friend, Rob, to deliver this parcel. Strange. That was supposed to be last night

and guess what, I still don't have my parcel. He said this morning that he couldn't

get hold of Rob and he should have delivered by now, and he had no choice but to

transfer the funds if nothing is received today.

What is the process of opening a case at the SAPS. And getting this person to pay!

I'm really fed up with all his excuses. I've been in contact with him through email, shaunoa@gmail.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and make BOB a safer place to shop.

Thank you

rus_ty84

Hi, yes, that link is right. Sorry forgot to add!

I have contacted bob and they advised me to open a case of theft.

All I want to know is what info I need when opening my case and any

other things I might have missed. Anything that can assist in the case

or opening thereof will be appreciated,

Thanks

mellowred

I'm sure Cuan or one of the BoB team will advise you very soon.

I think you need all correspondence and any contact details that you have for shauncorp. I am speaking under correction here, but as soon as you have opened the case, BoB are allowed to supply the SAP with any further details which you may not have access to.

Sorry to say, but it looks like shauncorp may have ripped you off. The only good bit though, is that he has kept in touch so his contact details may be genuine.

Good luck.

qball

The bank details you paid into will be necessary as the police can then subpoena the bank for records, this seller was a Basic seller, and you should have paid via bobPay, it looks like you paid him directly?

rus_ty84

Hi, yes, I paid him directly, mistake on my part I know.

I have his bank details, and a name that corresponds with the bank account so hopefully that'll help.

Thanks

qball

The police can follow the "money" trail, Bennet or Bertus will be able to assist you further with any details you require from our side. Please email the details through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za or call 0861 88 0861 for further assistance.

rus_ty84

Ok thank you. Will open case tomorrow morning and send all details.

I will tell police to phone the number provided.

Thanks for all the help!

qball

No problem, sorry that this happened but we will try to assist you as much as we can.

rus_ty84

It's been a year now and nothing has happened regarding this case.

I was told the case was handed over to SAP in Joburg as I was not the only person this perosn scammed.

I would like to know if the police even requested details necessary for this case.

Thank you

qball
It's been a year now and nothing has happened regarding this case.

I was told the case was handed over to SAP in Joburg as I was not the only person this perosn scammed.

I would like to know if the police even requested details necessary for this case.

Thank you

We have not been contacted by the IO. I would suggest following up with the station and the station commander.

JANDS

I was burgled a few years ago. About 4 days after the case was opened, they closed it saying they could not catch the scum. Good luck.

lilythepink

Well I had my cellphone stolen during Grahamstown's Art Festival one year. I reported it to the police who were nearby. They wrote down my details and asked me to phone them with my IMEC (I think that's what it was) number. I heard nothing further from them for about eight months when they called me and told me I could collect my cellphone from the police station - the crook had been caught and locked up for 18 months. But that was several years ago and I don't know if they'd be as efficient today!