Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Please Read Your Tracking Numbers

voldermort    10
voldermort

I sold an item in February, once payment was received the item was posted which was 23 February. As always sent an email to buyer with tracking number advising them that if no notification were received to inquire inside their Post Office with tracking number provided.

Received email today........nearly 7 monthes later to ask where is their parcel???

I am absolutely gobsmacked.......1st of all if I'm not mistaken once a parcel is delivered after 3 monthes that tracking number is eligible to go back into use, 2nd of all were I to go into my Post Office inquiring about this parcel which incidentally was delivered to CT as well, I doubt the Postmaster would believe me and think I am joking with him and lastly, and this I am sure would apply to each and every seller on BOB...........I do not send tracking numbers for fun, or merely to make small talk with the buyers, I send you, the buyer, a tracking number complete with a website address and a telephone number so that if your parcel is not delivered timeously you are able to pick up a telephone and inquire as to where the parcel is. If I were to buy an item and not receive it within at least 7 days I would already be making inquiries.......not after 7 monthes!!!

I am almost 100% sure that when I phone Track and Trace tomorrow I shall be told that this number no longer shows up on the computer :shock:

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

Geez, that's not cool...

If you included a return address on the parcel, the Post Office would've returned the parcel after 30 days of non-collection. Unless it went missing in the post...

Luckily we're able to go back to the sale in our profiles and check previous messages sent to the buyers (e.g tracking numbers etc.)

I'd say contact the Post Office where the parcel was supposed to go to - I'm sure they have an archive system like any other business where the can refer back to a hard copy. If they do, they'll be able to tell you whether the parcel was collected including a ID number?

catzcan    10
catzcan

Hi Voldermort, I had one or two instances with much the same story. I am now doing the trackin of every number I send out after 3 days and again after 5 days and then everyday thereafter until the package reach its destination. I then send the Buyer a message via BoB that the parcel is ready for collection and include the tracking information. It is more work for me but save a lot of time and effort with problems and gives me the peace of mind especially with the new CPA conditions in mind. I have also found that most buyers appreciates this.:biggrin:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Hi Voldermort, I had one or two instances with much the same story. I am now doing the trackin of every number I send out after 3 days and again after 5 days and then everyday thereafter until the package reach its destination. I then send the Buyer a message via BoB that the parcel is ready for collection and include the tracking information. It is more work for me but save a lot of time and effort with problems and gives me the peace of mind especially with the new CPA conditions in mind. I have also found that most buyers appreciates this.:biggrin:

Hi catzan. a Bit difficult to track if you send out 50+ parcels. Then usually the post office system don't work or else it's off line:sick:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi All

I have a possible solution for your problem. since I discovered this site, I register each tracking number with them with the buyer's detail's.

The site sends an email to the buyer every time the parcel is scanned updating them of the parcel's progress.

I inform the buyer to please accept the site's emails when I send them their tracking numbers.

I have had far fewer queries since I started doing this, and there is no junk mail as I tested it.

Trackingnumber.co.za

catzcan    10
catzcan

Hi Miems, Agreed 50 a day will be pushing one's luck. But it works very well with 4-5 a day(wish I was at 50 though!!:bigsmile:)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Hi Miems, Agreed 50 a day will be pushing one's luck. But it works very well with 4-5 a day(wish I was at 50 though!!:bigsmile:)

Me too!