Sign in to follow this  
Mustlovebooks

Broken Links and down for maintenance?

Mustlovebooks

I get these errors regularly. Some days only once, other days quite a few times:

1. Oops! This page appears broken. DNS Error - Server cannot be found.

2. bidorbuy is temporarily down for maintenance - When it rains it pours! Unfortunately bidorbuy is down for a bit of maintenance right now. But soon we'll be up and the sun will shine again.

I got it again while starting this thread. I had to login again and start all over. I use Firefox through the BidorBuy toolbar with a 4 mbps ADSL line.

Is there anyone else experiencing this problem. It really doesn't matter where I go in BoB, it's not just on "my bidorbuy" or just the "forum".

I see there is already a thread about database errors and maintenance mode. I see I'm not the only one :cry:

Edited by Mustlovebooks

voldermort

Another favourite seems to be when relisting, the message that says "You do not have permission to carry out this operation" :blink: I get this particular message a few times each day.

Also I have noticed since a few days ago when placing new ads, every 30 mins the new images will appear and if you are creating an ad during that particular period when the new images are uploaded, the thumbnail image on the new ad will not appear and just show up as writing on the thumbnail. Thus if images are uploaded at eg: 1pm, and the time is now 12.58pm, it is pointless to start a new ad until at least 1.02pm.

As MLB above says, there are a lot of bugs around, and they are there on a daily basis.

Mustlovebooks
the thumbnail image on the new ad will not appear and just show up as writing on the thumbnail.

I have seen this happen many, many times. All these hassles are a pain in the rear.:sad2:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Has not been good of late-the worst is the thumbnail problem as we have to reload the pictures and this is the most time consuming and expensive-i have one trade id i have now tried to upload 5 times since yesterday and still only get the writing in the thumbnail box??

neil

Kit W
Has not been good of late-the worst is the thumbnail problem as we have to reload the pictures and this is the most time consuming and expensive-i have one trade id i have now tried to upload 5 times since yesterday and still only get the writing in the thumbnail box??

neil

Agree with Neil

Happens too often - too much time wasted reloading images. I notice that many sellers have the same problem

lilythepink

I found it very slow getting onto BoB just now! Getting onto the forum was quick.

MacMuffin

Hi all,

DNS errors should not occur - this indicates a possible issue with your ISP.

You might occasionally experience a maintenance notifications as we deploying new changes - in 90% of the cases our loadbalancers take care of it, but you might be unfortunate enough to hit the server we are busy deploying to causing the error mentioned - we will address this with our vendors.

Regarding thumbnails - we have a timing/race condition, but we are comfortable to sort this out by tomorrow.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Hi all,

DNS errors should not occur - this indicates a possible issue with your ISP.

You might occasionally experience a maintenance notifications as we deploying new changes - in 90% of the cases our loadbalancers take care of it, but you might be unfortunate enough to hit the server we are busy deploying to causing the error mentioned - we will address this with our vendors.

Regarding thumbnails - we have a timing/race condition, but we are comfortable to sort this out by tomorrow.

Thanks for the info MAC

Seems to be highly contagious!!!I also have a "timing/race condition"-Have so little time and then i have to race to complete my listings!!!:bigsmile:

neil

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MAC

The thumbnail problem seemsto be escalating-i loaded about 10 items today and the following 8 trade ids have the writing in the thumbnail box instead of picture-45402866,45402917,45402892,45402848,45402565,45402931,45402136,45402527-could you please check these out and perhaps trace the problem??

thanks neil

MacMuffin
HI MAC

The thumbnail problem seemsto be escalating-i loaded about 10 items today and the following 8 trade ids have the writing in the thumbnail box instead of picture-45402866,45402917,45402892,45402848,45402565,45402931,45402136,45402527-could you please check these out and perhaps trace the problem??

thanks neil

Just checked and I can see all of them.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

hi-i uploaded all again and they seem to be ok now-thanks neil

Mustlovebooks

Thank you for the update on this problem, MAC.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MAC

I have just loaded this trade id 45722166 (9.50 am )and i have the writing in the thumbnail box instead of the picture-please see if you can spot why this occurred

neil

voldermort

Sorted out now......thank you :cheesy: