Sign in to follow this  
Websites

Never buy from dbmurphy

Websites

He listed a server DELL Powedge Blade Server, never once did he say i would require a special chassis to use this server. instead simply took my money and sent me this peice of rubbish. he refuses to refund my money and says i should have read the description before buying. his description is below you will all see nothing about a chassis required.

so beware of username: dbmurphy

DELL PowerEdge 1855DELL BLADE FOR RACKMOUNT BLADE SERVERThis the Blade Only with the Following Specs:P4 3.4 Ghz Dual Xeon Cpu's2 X 146 GB Hard Drives2 x 2 Gb ram Shipping Charges R200Dell IBU:EuropeQuantityParts #Part Description1 POWEREDGE 1855 3.4GHZ/2MB BLADE - ROHS C2 ENGLISH - SUPPORT TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATIO2 4GB DUAL RANK DDR2 MEMORY (2X2GB)2 SECOND PROCESSOR NOT INCLUDED2 146GB SCSI ULTRA320 (10, 000RPM) 1IN 80 P2 146GB SCSI ULTRA320 (10, 000RPM) 1IN 80 P2 NO OPERATING SYSTEM.(N)2 UPG TO SILVER 3Y (24X7) PREMIER ENTERPRI2 2 2 2 C02, MSCR1, MOTHERBOARD CONTROLLER, RAID2 POWEREDGE ORDER - SOUTH AFRICA2 Link: Dell Technical Support Home Page / Dell Troubleshooting Search

Edited by admin
Removed contact details

lilythepink

Before bidding on his item, I would have asked questions. I think that would have been the right way to go.

Websites

lilythepink - If you were buying a car for a market price, would you ask if it had a engine and tyres?

TaLamia

To be fair if you were buying a car either they would state it or you would have to ask "Is the car in full running condition?".

I don't think it's particularly fair to make assumptions on a purchase and then blame the seller when what you expected was not received. This is why the Q&A function is there, for one to be sure of what one would be receiving.

It's like this negative rating I read recently on a seller's profile where the buyer complained that their sunglasses arrived without case or bag. I clicked through to the item listing where all that was listed were pictures of the sunglasses and no mention of a bag or case was ever included in the first place.

Does the seller's description "This the Blade Only" not imply that there is no chassis?

lilythepink
lilythepink - If you were buying a car for a market price, would you ask if it had a engine and tyres?

First of all, I would NEVER buy a car unseen. But hypothetically I would definitely ask for more info on the engine and the tyres before bidding! Hope that answers your questions?

TS Ron

But when I buy something I am not sure about I shall ask people for advice or if they had used this product or asked the seller etc

Edited by TS Ron

MiemsJewels
He listed a server DELL Powedge Blade Server, never once did he say i would require a special chassis to use this server. instead simply took my money and sent me this peice of rubbish. he refuses to refund my money and says i should have read the description before buying. his description is below you will all see nothing about a chassis required.

so beware of username: dbmurphy

DELL PowerEdge 1855DELL BLADE FOR RACKMOUNT BLADE SERVERThis the Blade Only with the Following Specs:P4 3.4 Ghz Dual Xeon Cpu's2 X 146 GB Hard Drives2 x 2 Gb ram Shipping Charges R200Dell IBU:EuropeQuantityParts #Part Description1 POWEREDGE 1855 3.4GHZ/2MB BLADE - ROHS C2 ENGLISH - SUPPORT TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATIO2 4GB DUAL RANK DDR2 MEMORY (2X2GB)2 SECOND PROCESSOR NOT INCLUDED2 146GB SCSI ULTRA320 (10, 000RPM) 1IN 80 P2 146GB SCSI ULTRA320 (10, 000RPM) 1IN 80 P2 NO OPERATING SYSTEM.(N)2 UPG TO SILVER 3Y (24X7) PREMIER ENTERPRI2 2 2 2 C02, MSCR1, MOTHERBOARD CONTROLLER, RAID2 POWEREDGE ORDER - SOUTH AFRICA2 Link: Dell Technical Support Home Page / Dell Troubleshooting Search

But what does the seller mean by this?

DELL PowerEdge 1855DELL BLADE FOR RACKMOUNT BLADE SERVER This (is?) the Blade Only with the Following Specs:P4 3.4 Ghz Dual Xeon Cpu's2 X

Edited by MiemsJewels

lilythepink

Well spotted, Miems!