Sign in to follow this  
Mustlovebooks

The connection has timed out

Mustlovebooks    10
Mustlovebooks

I have had problems getting into My bidorbuy a lot since last night. I keep on getting the error The connection has timed out. The server at bidorbuy.co.za and images.bidorbuy.co.za is taking too long to respond.

Also database error.

Are any of you having the same issues? It's extremely frustrating. I have no problems getting into the forum.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I cant load photo's,cant get into "My gallery" either and no photo on any listing I have tried will open on Bidorbuy

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

This is so annoying, I've given up listing, constant logging in, database errors and timeouts. And it's not on other websites, just BoB.

I hope BoB fixes this soon.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Exactly the same as the above three posters. Incredibly frustrating.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Every single Saturday without fail for the past four weeks at least it is the same problems...

Ok - now who ever at BoB has thrown the spanner in the works please own up! Who broke it this time?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi,

we are aware of Saturday issues and have dedicated focus on resolving the issue. The problem started occuring about 8 weeks ago and started affecting our site from 7am onwards with some Saturdays being worse than others. None of our server diagnostics hinted at an actual problem and problem-diagnosis is incredibly challenging and frustrating, as the error only occurs on Saturdays (our least busy day).

We identified a faulty hard-drive on our database server on 25.8. and needed to wait until 28.8. to replace it. With the hard-drive replacement some of the errors did disappear but we still experience erratic Saturday behavior.

We expect within the next 14 days to have new infrastructure on site to eliminate any other hardware related issues (our current infrastructure is only 2 years only and should normally last at least 3 years). Rest assured that we have placed the highest priority on getting rid of the Saturday gremlin and we apologize for the agony and frustration caused on those troublesome weekends.

Mustlovebooks    10
Mustlovebooks

Thank you for your reply and that on an Sunday morning. And thanks for your efforts to help :bigsmile:

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Hi,

we are aware of Saturday issues and have dedicated focus on resolving the issue. The problem started occuring about 8 weeks ago and started affecting our site from 7am onwards with some Saturdays being worse than others. None of our server diagnostics hinted at an actual problem and problem-diagnosis is incredibly challenging and frustrating, as the error only occurs on Saturdays (our least busy day).

We identified a faulty hard-drive on our database server on 25.8. and needed to wait until 28.8. to replace it. With the hard-drive replacement some of the errors did disappear but we still experience erratic Saturday behavior.

We expect within the next 14 days to have new infrastructure on site to eliminate any other hardware related issues (our current infrastructure is only 2 years only and should normally last at least 3 years). Rest assured that we have placed the highest priority on getting rid of the Saturday gremlin and we apologize for the agony and frustration caused on those troublesome weekends.

Thanks for the reply.