Sign in to follow this  
Clivealex

help in clearing My Images

Clivealex

My MyImages file is getting clogged up with old images. It is becoming difficult to find anything I want to repeat.

I cannot find any way of deleting old files. Can this be done by Admin on my behalf?

Empirex

Bump.

How does one delete images from your gallery?

Little Miss Muffet

I stand to correction but I dont think you can delete images from your gallery.

If no one looks at them in three months they disappear.

I have an idea if an image is looked at by anyone surfing the net the image will remain.

You could copy the image to your photo's from another listing.

It is difficult to find old ones in the gallery if they were used a while ago.

I find the biggest problem is that we can skip to page 3 on the gallery--after that it is a matter of opening every page to find them

svw

I never worry about loading images from my gallery - find it much easier to upload from my pictures file - I have all my folders organized and know what is in each one so that when I am looking for a picture I can find it in seconds instead of scrolling through the whole gallery.

Hippo Sunshine

Has this problem been addressed by admin yet? I am also tired of having to wade through all the images I have uploaded in the past. A cleanout is definitely necessary but seems impossible.

NooNooBug

I have never relied on the Gallery for my images. I keep them in labelled files in My Pictures that way I can easily find what I am looking for and do not need to stress if there are any gremlins on BoB system. I also get to clean out & delete images that I no longer require.

rezizter

We don't allow deleting of images. It does happen that people delete images of live listings accidentally, then the listing sits without an image.

We rely on SEO and listings get crawled by search engines, and if a crawler gets a broken link (image link), it's not good news for us.

We do clean ups on images not used for some time, so it is very much a case of please be patient.