Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

To All Buyers who feel inclined to give Negative or Neutral ratings

qball

I have spoken to the buyer, he will be sending the item back, probably next week (he will send me the tracking number), and is frankly not even interested in a refund or any further interaction with Cali Craft and Gems.

MsPlod

Guess that's a red lorry then...

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to Mellow, herewith below the exact copy of the message sent to the buyer in direct reply to his enquiry about the stone - the reply where it was stated that the buyer was not satisfied with my response - please let me know what or where in the message I came across as being rude, cold, or unsympathetic - your opinion would be sincerely appreciated:

Hello xxx

Thank you for your email.

To be honest, I had not noticed any marks on the gemstone myself, but I have since viewed the images in the listing and these marks are visible (in the last image quite clearly).

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it as per our returns policy (in the listing).

Please let me know your decision.

Kind regards,

Janet - Cali Craft and Gems

mellowred

You are right, you were very polite, so his retaliation must have been in connection with the restocking fee(?). If so, were you still calm and collected when he queried that?

lilythepink
Thank you for being the voice of reason, clearly my reasoning is flawed :smile1:

Never mind, Cuan. At times buyers have us all floored one way or another! :sneaky:

Cali Craft and Gems
You are right, you were very polite, so his retaliation must have been in connection with the restocking fee(?). If so, were you still calm and collected when he queried that?

That's just the thing - he slapped me with poor ratings on all items then only later did I find out via the grapevine that he did not want to return the item. It later came out that he did not like my terms and conditions - did not even give me a chance to explain that if I was at fault then the restocking fee did not apply.

mellowred

His reaction really does not make sense then, as he seems a genuinely pleasant buyer.

Anyway, hope it all turns out fine for both parties.

MiemsJewels
For the sake of all bobbers if you wish to prove me wrong, I'll take that bet, run it for a month and then lets see..... If you are right, I'll take you to lunch or hand you a cheque for your favourite charity.

Kyle....We only bet or buy here!:grin:

qball
In reply to Mellow, herewith below the exact copy of the message sent to the buyer in direct reply to his enquiry about the stone - the reply where it was stated that the buyer was not satisfied with my response - please let me know what or where in the message I came across as being rude, cold, or unsympathetic - your opinion would be sincerely appreciated:

Hello xxx

To be honest, I had not noticed any marks on the gemstone myself, but I have since viewed the images in the listing and these marks are visible (in the last image quite clearly).

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it as per our returns policy (in the listing).

Kind regards,

Janet - Cali Craft and Gems

He alerted you to the fact the stone was possibly not the same stone and outlined some of the issues to you, to which you replied, without an apology or conceding that you may have been wrong, you simply told him to return it as per your terms and that the item was correct - there could have been a hundred different ways to have responded, but he felt the response was possibly cold and uncaring. More like - well if you are not happy with it, return it, that's how it could be perceived by the buyer. This does not mean he is abusive, malicious or unreasonable.

Here is his email to you:

Subject: Enquiry on purchase of 37.30 cts Natural LABRADORITE pear cabochon (India) (Trade-Id: 65249523) : ORDER 4805930

Dear Cali Craft, thank you for the gems which I received today.

The Labradorite has one rather nasty chip on the apex, one smaller chip at about one o’clock on the perimeter and a third gash of about 3mm long x 1mm wide at about 2 o’clock on the main face of the stone.

The two on the perimeter can possibly be “disguised” in a setting, but the one on the face of the stone spoils the stone.

I will appreciate your comment on these marks please.

Regards

(xxxxxx)

Is this in any way malicious, abusive or unreasonable? You then responded:

Hello xxx

Again, there is no logical reason or explanation as to why he would try dupe you out of R80 or make this up, for what purpose? He paid you almost R1000 for his stones, why out of blue try to pull a fast one with one stone worth R80? Considering his rating score, previous purchase history from you and overall feedback comments? It could have struck him at the time as being cold and unsympathetic to his plight as your customer - there is no reason for him to lie or try deceive you, as you have his money. I can also post the response you gave him thereafter, instead of trying to resolve the issue amicably you launch off at him with a 10 paragraph explanation about how sellers are abused and your issues - those are your issues, not his, he is only concerned about 1 item costing R80 which he stated did not look like the one he saw on the listing and they way you carried on about it thereafter and the fact that he must pay to return the item and get penalised 20%, for something, in his view, is not his fault?

Sometimes you need to take a step back, calm down and then respond without resorting to other things - like revenge ratings, forum attacks on his character etc.

Edited by qball
Highlighted Email Communication

qball

Again, put yourself in the buyer's shoes, he alerts the seller to the issues, he gets a "cold and unsympathetic" response in return, he feels it's not his fault that the item is not as described, and must now pay to return the item and lose 20%, even though he feels he is not at fault. In his eyes you admitted fault and then expect him to carry the costs of returning and restocking fees, you didn't explain anything to him about this - merely pointed him in the direction of the terms and conditions on your listing. You then threaten him with bob Management! Here is your response to him (how would you react as a buyer getting this venting email?):

Subject: RE: Message about Order 4805930 on bidorbuy

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Goodness gracious xxxxxx - what would you expect me to do?

I admitted fault, advised for you to return the item if you were not happy, then you still have the audacity to give the comments you did?

This matter WILL be reported to management as you are being exceptionally unfair! Perhaps give the below a read through and rethink your reaction. The below is an excerpt from a topic that sellers' have been discussing - "To all buyers who feel inclined to give negative or neutral ratings":

Been sitting here thinking and I'd imagine that in many cases with sellers, this is the thanks we get for all the hard work and sacrifices we have made to make life 'easier' for the buyer - i.e.. To shop online as to avoid the actual stores. A poor rating is a slap in the face telling me that I'm useless!

In my case alone, I am a mother (of sorts), I am a daughter, I am a granddaughter, I am a wife, I am a friend, I am the backbone of my family, I am the cook, the housewife, the cleaner, the nurse, the vet, the comforter... I am the administrator, the manager, the owner, the clerk, the accountant, the shop assistant, the packer, the stock controller, the poster, the errand runner, the computer programmer, etc. I make sure that my home is in order, I make sure my online shop is running smoothly, I make sure my store customers are satisfied, and I have to make sure that all the bills are paid without fail. I try to get all the parcels out as quickly as possible, I try to source and obtain only the best quality stock for resale, I try to keep everyone happy... And I try to get to bed before midnight! For the buyer - when you're asleep, I'm still at my desk working... When you're warm, comfy and cuddling up to your loved one dreaming peacefully, I'm still at my desk forcing to keep my eyes open so that your parcel will be sent out in the morning and that you have your tracking number by the time you get to your desk. When you log on to check your emails before you officially start work, I am gulping down a cup of coffee to try and wake up. When your day starts, I am waiting in line at the post office. When you get your first tea break, I arrange to get a smoothie so I can gulp down breakfast. By the time you have your lunch break, I've dealt with countless queries, emails, suppliers, and customers in the store. When you have your second tea break, I am begging for the day to move on so that I can get home and make supper for my family. When you leave work at 16h00, 16h30 or 17h00, I am still at the shop waiting for any possible "late" customers who would like to pop in after they've finished work. When you're sitting down to supper, I'm rushing through my quick bite so that I can get back to the office so that I can work on your order.

If not dealing with any stage of your order (listing, payment, packing, dispatching, Emailing, rating, etc), I am sourcing stock, or receiving stock, or checking it to make sure all is well, then photographing the stock, weighing it, measuring it, etc so that you get the most accurate information possible in the listing before you buy the item. Quality is of utmost importance to me - you have to be happy after all!

No I don't have time to do admin and filing, I don't have time to go shopping for a winter wardrobe (I rely on whatever I can find in the cupboard from last season), I don't have time to bake, make chocolates, to read a magazine, to do the crossword, or to get back to the cross stitch I started eight years ago. I don't have time for a holiday, and I don't have time to go out with friends to relax. Hell, I barely have time to find my bed at night for the much needed sleep... Somedays I just crash... It eventually catches up to me and by 22h00 I just can't stay up - these are the nights I long for where I can actually get more than a few hours sleep. I have three alarms in the morning just to make sure that I crawl out of bed early enough to get to the post office before the store opens! And 'sleeping late' means getting up after the last alarm at 8am - all alarms go off seven days a week!

Yes, it is by choice the sacrifices I have made for my "little" business, but it is what I feel is necessary to keep everything running smoothly. So when you feel that it is necessary to give me a neutral or negative rating just because you did not read the listing ("too small"), or that you no longer like the item ("not what I expected"), or that you don't understand that the setting of the gemstone is slightly loose as to avoid crushing the gemstone (explanation given), it is simply a slap in my face and the quickest way that you can get me to feel lousy and that I have done something wrong. It is terribly demotivating, and when one's emotions are balancing on the edge due to the lack of sleep, it is what tips me over and I react in ways that under normal circumstances I would not. I am a very nice person - I promise!

So please don't call me rude, threatening, or abrupt. If I state in the listing that the parcel will be sent on days two, four and six, don't demand (in a negative rating) that I send your item off immediately - I cannot just close up the shop to pack your parcel! I work an average of 110 hours per WEEK - I honestly cannot give you any more! Most individuals will take three weeks to put in that amount of hours!

And for the record, the Weekend Special listings that I try and put on every week are done between midnight and 1am on a Thursday night - what are you the complaining buyer doing at that time? Sleeping nicely I assume whilst I try and give you something attractive to purchase! Admittedly once in a while I do make a mistake or overlook something, but I admit fault and try to remedy the situation. Please don't penalise me for being human too!

I think I've gotten that off my chest now... now back to updating listings then hopefully to bed before midnight! (wow, now that would be nice)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

qball

You could have simply said - Sorry about that, please send it back, I'll check it and if I have sent the wrong item I will gladly refund you or replace the stone - for R80, this has spiraled way out of control.

MsPlod
Again, there is no logical reason or explanation as to why he would try dupe you out of R80 or make this up, for what purpose? He paid you almost R1000 for his stones, why out of blue try to pull a fast one with one stone worth R80? Considering his rating score, previous purchase history from you and overall feedback comments? It could have struck him at the time as being cold and unsympathetic to his plight as your customer - there is no reason for him to lie or try deceive you, as you have his money.

You are quite right qball, there is NO logical reason or explanation. None certainly for anyone thinking that CCG's email could possibly have been cold or unsympathetic.

Here is my conclusion:

The buyer is a singer, and he was simply feeling preminstrel that day?

MsPlod
You could have simply said - Sorry about that, please send it back, I'll check it and if I have sent the wrong item I will gladly refund you or replace the stone - for R80, this has spiraled way out of control.

20/20 vision - hindsight - lovely stuff innit!

Cali Craft and Gems

Cuan quickly forgets to make the full story known...

The buyer's email to me was at 15h28, my reply to the buyer was at 15h43 (keeping in mind that I was in the shop so gave a quick brief reply as to not keep the buyer waiting for a reply - would normally be tackled after hours from the office), his reply stating that I was "cold" was at 16h19 stating that I'd lost him as a buyer, and the negative and neutral ratings started coming in at 16h48. After which I sent him an email stating:

"Goodness gracious xxx - what would you expect me to do? I admitted fault, advised for you to return the item if you were not happy, then you still have the audacity to give the comments you did?"

Comments I was referring to was in particular the rating: "This seller supplies a damaged, sub standard stone and takes no responsibility. Beware !"

Back to square one - I admitted in the first email to the buyer as to not having inspected the item before shipping, never denied that there was an issue with the stone (but honestly stated that although I had not seen it first hand, the marks he mentioned were in the images after all), accepted responsibility as so far as admitting that I had not inspected the stone before shipping, and at no stage denied him the right to return said "damaged" gemstone. The buyer did not give me the chance to explain how the returns policy works (handling fee, etc) - he just ran straight to Cuan - or so I've been led to believe!

I feel that at this stage after being accused as I was in the very public rating, that I reacted as per normal human being! This would get anyone's back up, yet still I was not rude! The remainder of the email was a copy of the thread entry that I gave much earlier on in this thread about how much a seller puts in and how an ununderstanding or "quick to hit the negative rating" buyer can affect a seller.

But here again (or should I say still), I am being portrayed as the bad one. I admitted possibly being at fault, accepted responsibility, and got it all thrown back in my face, and not only by the buyer, but by Cuan as well. And I'm just supposed to sit back and smile? Sorry, but I'm not that stupid or weak as to accept abuse of any sort!

Yet when I pose very valid and possible questions, I get accused of being petty, personal vendettas, shifting the blame, etc - why can't I get straight HONEST answers??? Is that really too much to ask?

We all know about other sellers (one in particular that was mentioned earlier with whom I also had a run in during my early days on BoB and guess who took her side until I could prove her wrong?)... but they are allowed to deliberately send out genuine substandard items, use stock images, dish out revenge ratings left right and center, and just one individual gets picked apart!

As stated earlier, this can go on forever... and as long as there is a reply for something that's been thrown my direction, it will be mentioned.

I am standing my ground not only for myself and my reputation, but for all the sellers who feel that in one way or another over a period of time feel that BoB has not exactly been fair and neutral in a matter... for all the sellers (and buyers alike) who need to have their say and they are just beaten down.

I'm not saying agree with me, I'm not saying disagree with me, but see it from a neutral point of view. Seller's must start standing together on certain matters - granted we may not have enough say in the matters at hand, but at the end of the day we can know that we have the support of each other - even if BoB does not want to listen to us... after all, is that not what the forum is for?

PS. I see that Cuan has so kindly inserted my entire email that was sent to the buyer - as one can see nothing nasty or rude! Maybe a little over the top (I admit) but just to give a newbie some insight on how much goes on in the background "unseen" and unappreciated!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems
removed buyer's name

qball
That's just the thing - he slapped me with poor ratings on all items then only later did I find out via the grapevine that he did not want to return the item. It later came out that he did not like my terms and conditions - did not even give me a chance to explain that if I was at fault then the restocking fee did not apply.

He gave you one negative for the item in question and 6 neutrals, stating "No comment". The neutrals were removed, so you retaliated by giving 7 negatives. His reasons for not returning the item have been addressed already and that he did not want to have any further dealings with you or be drawn into an ongoing argument. You didn't give him any other alternatives and basically instructed him to return the item as per your terms - also addressed.

voldermort

Quite frankly as a buyer, if I received all that in an email from a seller and I am being very honest here - I would never buy again online - not only from BoB, but nowhere. I am a paying customer, paying for an item, I don't care if you do or don't sleep, if you are or are not a mother, sister, brother, if you drive, walk or run etc.....I just want what I paid for please and I will never dare to come back online again - ever.

Cali Craft and Gems

@ V - granted, I would probably feel the same if being a newbie, but by that time and after receiving the comments I did, enough was enough.

If there were problems with all the items, then granted give neutral ratings, but if there is absolutely nothing wrong what so ever and you receive your parcel within 48 hours of it being dispatched, then why give poor ratings? Surely when you give the neutral rating of "no comment" you are expecting a response? On the one item where I am possibly at fault, then granted the poor rating is deserved (until proven otherwise), but not the entire parcel? (so if he received 100 items, the seller would get 100 bad ratings?)

As explained before, I was in the shop. Should I have rather made him wait and let him stew and get angrier with me not replying to him thus portraying that he was being ignored? As a buyer if I've highlighted a concern, I would appreciate a speedy reply from the seller, not so?

And as admitted several times before on this subject, I admit that I was in the wrong by issuing the revenge ratings - I never denied this.

And "as per the returns policy":

1) contact the seller (done)

2) return item within 7 days in original condition (not done)

3) shipping not refundable, and handling fee of 20% applies (not given the chance to explain that if the seller is at fault, this does not apply - I will be changing that documentation when time allows - quite a process involving image capture of text documents, etc).

Also as mentioned before, was raked over the coals last year for not having a returns policy, then dragged through the mud for having a returns policy. Guess can't keep everyone happy all of the time...

PS. Taken from the email to the buyer so politely provided by Cuan:

Admittedly once in a while I do make a mistake or overlook something, but I admit fault and try to remedy the situation. Please don't penalise me for being human too!

svw
Just removed the emotion ..... :toung:

Maybe you removed your emotion but here is mine - can't read any more - it's driven me to this.........................

Seeds for Africa
Quite frankly as a buyer, if I received all that in an email from a seller and I am being very honest here - I would never buy again online - not only from BoB, but nowhere. I am a paying customer, paying for an item, I don't care if you do or don't sleep, if you are or are not a mother, sister, brother, if you drive, walk or run etc.....I just want what I paid for please and I will never dare to come back online again - ever.

I cant agree with Voldermort more. As a buyer you want what you have paid for. Whether your cat died that day or grandmother is in hospital is none of the buyers business. I would keep the personal comments out of correspondence with buyers. I would also keep scarcasm out of my comments with buyers as well. Sarcasm has a quick way of getting people hot under the collar.

The reason I asked Callie in this post if the stone in question was R80 out of a R900 plus order was simple. I tend to believe if the buyer wanted to be difficult why pick on an R80 stone out of R900+. If It was me I would have refunded the buyer for the stone, and added shipping costs to send it back to me. Look at it in perspective even if you take the shipping costs to get it back to you, did you still make a profit? I guess you would have.

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to Seeds - never denied the buyer the right to return the item - been waiting for his decision since my first correspondence - he eventually replied that he was not going to send it back (although now apparently he is but will be issuing the tracking number to Cuan). It takes him going back and forth, arguments, comments, etc via Cuan, etc for him to actually possibly send it back... he never bothered to contact me directly after informing me on his opinion about me!

Re profit - herewith below this particular gems' entry in my worksheet - cost, selling date & price, listing fees and resulting profit... I think it speaks for itself:

[TABLE=width: 825]

[TR]

[TD]Quantity

[/TD]

[TD]Description (Colour/size/shape etc.)

[/TD]

[TD]Item number

[/TD]

[TD]Cost

[/TD]

[TD]Code

[/TD]

[TD]Date

[/TD]

[TD]R inc PO

[/TD]

[TD]Sold on

[/TD]

[TD]R sold

[/TD]

[TD]List fees

[/TD]

[TD]Profit

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD]37.30ct labradorite pear cab

[/TD]

[TD]150575244***

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$8.99

[/TD]

[TD]VG217

[/TD]

[TD]17-Mar

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]R 64.43

[/TD]

[TD]13-May

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]R 80.00

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]R 10.00

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]R 5.57

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

qball
Cuan quickly forgets to make the full story known...

The buyer's email to me was at 15h28, my reply to the buyer was at 15h43 (keeping in mind that I was in the shop so gave a quick brief reply as to not keep the buyer waiting for a reply - would normally be tackled after hours from the office), his reply stating that I was "cold" was at 16h19 stating that I'd lost him as a buyer, and the negative and neutral ratings started coming in at 16h48. After which I sent him an email stating:

"Goodness gracious Laurie - what would you expect me to do? I admitted fault, advised for you to return the item if you were not happy, then you still have the audacity to give the comments you did?"

Comments I was referring to was in particular the rating: "This seller supplies a damaged, sub standard stone and takes no responsibility. Beware !"

Back to square one - I admitted in the first email to the buyer as to not having inspected the item before shipping, never denied that there was an issue with the stone (but honestly stated that although I had not seen it first hand, the marks he mentioned were in the images after all), accepted responsibility as so far as admitting that I had not inspected the stone before shipping, and at no stage denied him the right to return said "damaged" gemstone.

I feel that at this stage after being accused as I was in the very public rating, that I reacted as per normal human being! This would get anyone's back up, yet still I was not rude! The remainder of the email was a copy of the thread entry that I gave much earlier on in this thread about how much a seller puts in and how an ununderstanding or "quick to hit the negative rating" buyer can affect a seller.

But here again (or should I say still), I am being portrayed as the bad one. I admitted possibly being at fault, accepted responsibility, and got it all thrown back in my face, and not only by the buyer, but by Cuan as well. And I'm just supposed to sit back and smile? Sorry, but I'm not that stupid or weak as to accept abuse of any sort!

Yet when I pose very valid and possible questions, I get accused of being petty, personal vendettas, shifting the blame, etc - why can't I get straight HONEST answers??? Is that really too much to ask?

We all know about other sellers (one in particular that was mentioned earlier with whom I also had a run in during my early days on BoB and guess who took her side until I could prove her wrong?)... but they are allowed to deliberately send out genuine substandard items, use stock images, dish out revenge ratings left right and center, and just one individual gets picked apart!

As stated earlier, this can go on forever... and as long as there is a reply for something that's been thrown my direction, it will be mentioned.

I am standing my ground not only for myself and my reputation, but for all the sellers who feel that in one way or another over a period of time feel that BoB has not exactly been fair and neutral in a matter... for all the sellers (and buyers alike) who need to have their say and they are just beaten down.

I'm not saying agree with me, I'm saying disagree with me, but see it from a neutral point of view. Seller's must start standing together on certain matters - granted we may not have enough say in the matters at hand, but at the end of the day we can know that we have the support of each other - even if BoB does not want to listen to us... after all, is that not what the forum is for?

You see Janet, this is exactly the kind of attitude we don't want to see from our sellers nor like to see - the full story has been made known. Retaliatory, vengeful, attacking someone (your customer) on a public forum, because you are adamant you are right and he is a liar. Not the kind of attitude we like to see from any seller on our site. There is a better way of responding to negative or neutral ratings - there always is.

You can stand your ground - we can't and won't take that away from you. You have been given VERY straight answers Janet but you don't like the sound of them. If anything the personal vendetta is a personal issue from your side, most definitely not from mine and no one is beating you down - we are just trying to show you that this could have been handled differently and not to make it personal - but you always want to make it a public show. I cringe when I see this type of behaviour from any seasoned, long time bobber, who knows better. The buyer was not abusive, disappointed maybe in the way you handled this matter, but definitely not abusive - we feel his negative was reasonable considering what has transpired, and the neutrals not, so they were removed. But to carry on about this is a waste of everyone's time.

Don't get me started on "letting you have your say" - you are allowed to vent all the time, every user is, but sometimes we have to draw the line, you have publicly accused the buyer of being a liar, dishonest etc.

The forum is not a personal play ground, to publicly denounce other users. This is not about any other seller, but you, who came onto the forum trashing the buyer, looking for the attention - which you now have.

I actually cannot believe some of the stuff being posted here. We (bob), go to bat for sellers EVERY day, facing all sorts of abuse from both buyers and sellers alike and yet we stand up for you, we back you many times, and when things don't go your way - oh bob are "victimising me" - come on, we are not children. We are not always going to agree with everything you do. In the last year we have removed 60 negative and neutral ratings from your account, does that sound like we are being vindictive or picking on you? The CPA requires a clear returns policy. The policy must be reasonable, 20% restocking fee? Restocking what? 5 or 10% might be reasonable, but 20%? You are not the only seller we have requested to reduce this.

If you really were picked on or if I really had a personal vendetta, you would have been banned long ago, your account closed and booted off bidorbuy and this thread would be deleted as well.

What you mistake for a personal vendetta is my passion and commitment to seeing the right thing being done, and treating the buyer, in this case, better. That's not unreasonable or impossible to achieve, but clearly you do not want to see it that way. And yes, sellers always think we only protect buyers and buyers always think we protect sellers. I tell you what, if anyone wants to spend a day doing what my staff do daily, you are welcome to sit in for a day in the office and you can deal with the issues, complaints, threats etc.

Any way, that's all I am saying, no more from my side, it's like banging my head against a wall, repeatedly!

qball
In reply to Seeds - never denied the buyer the right to return the item - been waiting for his decision since my first correspondence - he eventually replied that he was not going to send it back (although now apparently he is but will be issuing the tracking number to Cuan). It takes him going back and forth, arguments, comments, etc via Cuan, etc for him to actually possibly send it back... he never bothered to contact me directly after informing me on his opinion about me!

Re profit - herewith below this particular gems' entry in my worksheet - cost, selling date & price, listing fees and resulting profit... I think it speaks for itself:

[TABLE=width: 825]

[TR]

[TD]Quantity[/TD]

[TD]Description (Colour/size/shape etc.)[/TD]

[TD]Item number[/TD]

[TD]Cost[/TD]

[TD]Code[/TD]

[TD]Date[/TD]

[TD]R inc PO[/TD]

[TD]Sold on[/TD]

[TD]R sold[/TD]

[TD]List fees[/TD]

[TD]Profit[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]37.30ct labradorite pear cab[/TD]

[TD]150575244***[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$8.99[/TD]

[TD]VG217[/TD]

[TD]17-Mar[/TD]

[TD=align: right]R 64.43[/TD]

[TD]13-May[/TD]

[TD=align: right]R 80.00[/TD]

[TD=align: right]R 10.00[/TD]

[TD=align: right]R 5.57[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Again, you absolutely amaze me. Considering what you have done to the buyer, can you honestly expect him to have a civil, polite and amicable conversation with you after all you have done. He asked us for advice, we advised him to return the item to you, although we don't agree with the conditions of the return or refund, and this is essentially what the issue is all about.

JohnBenn

Time to hire help:idea:

kebs

Here's my little 2c worth, keeping in mind I know nothing about stones, gems etc.. Just personal experience.. I have also occasionally sent out a defective or incorrect item.. we are all human afterall.. If it's a low value item (under R100), I have sent the replacement & a lot of times told the buyer not to waste any money sending the original back. It's just easier & keeps everyone happy. Do I lose some money? Of course.. But I also have a happy buyer, who may come back, or recommend me to friends. Some buyers don't let a person know there's a problem until you see that horrible red face, but even then, I have sometimes sent replacements anyway - they spent their money on something they aren't happy with - bottom line.. Would be nice if they would change those ratings though..:wtf:

As I said, just my little input..

Edited by kebs
spelling

Cali Craft and Gems

I have not and will not publicly label anyone a liar - that is just asking for trouble!

I have however attempted to point out certain things hypothetically and have not received the answers thereto. If read carefully (the one entry in particular which I think you are referring to), it does also state that "I may be wrong, but what if I'm right?"...

It takes all types to make the world go round, and granted not everyone is as honest as we'd like them to be (or trust them to be). Anything is possible, and without having the item in my hands, I cannot pass judgement on the issue. I have admitted several times already that sometimes I do make mistakes, but I have taken many steps from past experiences to avoid making mistakes - including giving the exact measurements to the micron where possible on items - at the time of doing the listing. (this is my only assurance that the gem issued is the one listed in this case particularly - as mentioned before)

Ultimately, the one question remains - "how can it be proven that the item returned by the buyer is actually the one that was sent to him or her in the first place?" (this applies to absolutely anything that is sold on BoB that does not have a serial number)