Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

To All Buyers who feel inclined to give Negative or Neutral ratings

MiemsJewels

Whats making me most the M*%r in, is a buyer who gives Neutral ratings before contacting me 1st.

For Pete's sake! I havent got ANY control over the Post Office and its personal.

Now take a look at this:

NEUTRAL for MiemsJewels GRRRRR!!!:disgusted:

Comment

BUYER: Still waiting for the product... Will rate again when it arrives. Purchased on 11 April. It's 15 May today.

ME:Thank you for UNFAIR neutral rating. I AM NOT THE POST OFFICETRACK your item PA322037155ZA It is at Ladismith post office since 14/04/2012

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[TABLE=class: style1, width: 0]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]PARCEL TRACKING RESULTS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Item Number: PA322037155ZA was last scanned on: 2012/04/14 at 11:15

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Location last scanned: LADYSMITH (HUB)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Currently has status of: In transit

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[TABLE=class: table, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]TRACKING

LINE

[/TD]

[TD]TYPE

[/TD]

[TD]DATE

[/TD]

[TD]TIME

[/TD]

[TD]BRANCH

[/TD]

[TD]COMMENTS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1

[/TD]

[TD]In transit

[/TD]

[TD]2012/04/14

[/TD]

[TD]11:15

[/TD]

[TD]LADYSMITH (HUB)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2

[/TD]

[TD]In transit

[/TD]

[TD]2012/04/13

[/TD]

[TD]22:53

[/TD]

[TD]TSHWANE (HUB)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3

[/TD]

[TD]Item accepted by branch

[/TD]

[TD]2012/04/13

[/TD]

[TD]13:04

[/TD]

[TD]GA-NALA

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Sommer lus en file a SNC!!!

stressed.jpg.f6e4c5465b9cb09794f69ec5f5e53c23.jpg

stress.jpg.c0dfc6d98f444fd02e7065b6afec6ce5.jpg

Edited by MiemsJewels

Cali Craft and Gems

Arrrggghhh - and another one!

Buyer actually picked up the phone and called me on Monday to say how happy she is with her items, and rates me tonight with a neutral stating:

"Not really what I expect"

Uhm, you looked at the pictures, you surely took note of the size, and you got exactly what you ordered - Light green Sapphires, round, 2.5mm!!!!!

MiemsJewels

Maybe it's "That" time of year, for the buyers. :sick:

Cali Craft and Gems

Thankfully this one changed the rating to positive, but it is still a slap in the face!

Been sitting here thinking and I'd imagine that in many cases with sellers, this is the thanks we get for all the hard work and sacrifices we have made to make life 'easier' for the buyer - ie. to shop online as to avoid the actual stores.

In my case alone, I am a mother (of sorts), I am a daughter, I am a granddaughter, I am a wife, I am a friend, I am the backbone of my family, I am the cook, the housewife, the cleaner, the nurse, the vet, the comforter... I am the administrator, the manager, the owner, the clerk, the accountant, the shop assistant, the packer, the stock controller, the poster, the errand runner, the computer programmer, etc. I make sure that my home is in order, I make sure my online shop is running smoothly, I make sure my store customers are satisfied, and I have to make sure that all the bills are paid without fail. I try to get all the parcels out as quickly as possible, I try to source and obtain only the best quality stock for resale, I try to keep everyone happy... and I try to get to bed before midnight! For the buyer - when you're asleep, I'm still at my desk working... when you're warm, comfy and cuddling up to your loved one dreaming peacefully, I'm still at my desk forcing to keep my eyes open so that your parcel will be sent out in the morning and that you have your tracking number by the time you get to your desk. When you log on to check your emails before you officially start work, I am gulping down a cup of coffee to try and wake up. When your day starts, I am waiting in line at the post office. When you get your first tea break, I arrange to get a smoothie so I can gulp down breakfast. By the time you have your lunch break, I've dealt with countless queries, emails, suppliers, and customers in the store. When you have your second tea break, I am begging for the day to move on so that I can get home and make supper for my family. When you leave work at 16h00, 16h30 or 17h00, I am still at the shop waiting for any possible "late" customers who would like to pop in after they've finished work. When you're sitting down to supper, I'm rushing through my quick bite so that I can get back to the office so that I can work on your order.

If not dealing with any stage of your order (listing, payment, packing, dispatching, emailing, rating, etc), I am sourcing stock, or receiving stock, or checking it to make sure all is well, then photographing the stock, weighing it, measuring it, etc so that you get the most accurate information possible in the listing before you buy the item. Quality is of utmost importance to me - you have to be happy after all!

No I don't have time to do admin and filing, I don't have time to go shopping for a winter wardrobe (I rely on whatever I can find in the cupboard from last season), I don't have time to bake, make chocolates, to read a magazine, to do the crossword, or to get back to the cross stitch I started eight years ago. I don't have time for a holiday, and I don't have time to go out with friends to relax. Hell, I barely have time to find my bed at night for the much needed sleep... Somedays I just crash... it eventually catches up to me and by 22h00 I just can't stay up - these are the nights I long for where I can actually get more than a few hours sleep. I have three alarms in the morning just to make sure that I crawl out of bed early enough to get to the post office before the store opens! And 'sleeping late' means getting up after the last alarm at 8am - all alarms go off seven days a week!

Yes, it is by choice the sacrifices I have made for my "little" business, but it is what I feel is necessary to keep everything running smoothly. So when you feel that it is necessary to give me a neutral or negative rating just because you did not read the listing ("too small"), or that you no longer like the item ("not what I expected"), or that you don't understand that the setting of the gemstone is slightly loose as to avoid crushing the gemstone (explanation given), it is simply a slap in my face and the quickest way that you can get me to feel lousy and that I have done something wrong. It is terribly demotivating, and when one's emotions are balancing on the edge due to the lack of sleep, it is what tips me over and I react in ways that under normal circumstances I would not. I am a very nice person - I promise!

So please don't call me rude, threatening, or abrupt. If I state in the listing that the parcel will be sent on days two, four and six, don't demand (in a negative rating) that I send your item off immediately - I cannot just close up the shop to pack your parcel!

I think I've gotten that off my chest now... now back to updating listings then hopefully to bed before midnight! (wow, now that would be nice)

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

ziggy2000

Hi CC&G, well said! Most sellers can identify with you and I just hope many buyers read this thread. The rating system is not a game and not something to "bully" sellers with. A gripe I have is that we are often rated unfairly for items getting damaged in the post. If you as a buyer see that a parcel was wrapped in a careless way and the item arrives broken, then I agree the seller is at fault. But when it is clear that the seller tried his best to secure a fragile item for transit, but still the post office manages to damage it, is it still fair to rate a seller neutral or negative? Surely any reasonable person will apportion blame where it is due?

Cali Craft and Gems

When I first started on BoB I had a buyer in Jhb who received a Fluorite heart. Granted I packed it as best I could with bubblewrap, into a padded envelope, then into a speed service bag. I got a negative rating for it - why you may ask? Because she dropped it on a tiled floor and it broke, and the reason I was to blame was that I did not tell her that it was fragile!

In those days I did not know any better so gave her a full refund including shipping!

MsPlod
...I got a negative rating for it - why you may ask? Because she dropped it on a tiled floor and it broke, and the reason I was to blame was that I did not tell her that it was fragile!

In those days I did not know any better so gave her a full refund including shipping!

Que????

Oh my sainted aunt!!!

ziggy2000

Ha ha, we can but smile at our stupidity early days :bigsmile:

Not1CentMore

Well said, Cali.

Although some of us do not have the 'juggling act' as you, we can all 'feel your pain' (and frustration). If only Buyers would READ before bidding... every single word including item description, shipping costs, terms and conditions, etc., and if / when in doubt or 'confused', clarify using Q&A BEFORE bidding, we might not be wanting to 'reach out and choke someone'.

If Buyers would READ messages sent via BoB, email and feedback (where some post tracking numbers) before 'getting a snippy on', we might not be 'thinking' how many ways we can 'bend' them into a pretzel.

If Buyers would allow time for a parcel to get from Point A to Point B BEFORE 'hitting' the neutral or negative 'button', we might not be tempted to roll dog pooh into little balls and stock up on slingshots.

IF....

Ruthie

ANGEL CREATIONS

I agree that one should first try and communicate via email, however I have found that in some instances the only time you will get a response from a seller is if you give a negative rating, then their response is almost instantanious.

Cali Craft and Gems

And another one!

This time I get an email pointing out problems on a particular gemstone. As I am closing up shop, I reply to her quickly via the online message system that I admit I did not check the gemstone itself before I put it online as I do the listings in poor light and around midnight, and that if is not happy with the item, should could return the item as per our returns policy.

Boy oh boy! Has that opened up a can of worms! I get rated neutral for 6 items, and negative on 1. I am apparently a dishonest seller who does not take responsibility for my actions. I also give a cold and unsympathetic response to her plea.

Uhm... what would she like me to do? Drive to Hermanus with a bouquet of flowers, bow down on my hands and knees and tell her "oh great one... I am sorry to have f-d up!"

I don't drink, but tonight I'm going to find one! I'm getting rather gatvol of all this nonsense! What on earth does this woman expect me to do?

svw

I'm also in a catch 22 situation. A buyer purchased 5 items from me I ended up having to file a SNC against her at the 11th hour she paid in full - happiness .......... posted parcel off to her - then had to remind her three times to collect it from her SAPO branch before it was RTS. She then purchased another 6 items from me once again I ended up filing a SNC for non payment - this time she did not respond to the SNC or any attempt from myself or bob trying to contact her - I have now just had to relist all the items. I would love to give her negative ratings for these last 6 SNC's but she has not rated me for the first 5 items - so if I go ahead and rate her negatively or even neutral I'm leaving myself open for five revenge ratings from her first purchases from me - very frustrating !!!!!!!

wayjen

Cali why would you list gemstones in poor lighting at midnight, you know you gonna get negative responses if the items are not the same as those listed?

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to Wayne - the "flaw" that the buyer mentioned is clearly visible in the photographs in the listing! My admission to her was that I did not physically inspect the stone for any further defects at the time the listing was done (other than the mark that is visible in the images). I pointed out to her that the mark she mentioned is in the images (on the underside edge of the gem in question). She is also complaining about the "lines" in the gemstone, but in the listing it does state that the lines in the gem (which are also clearly visible in the images) are natural fissure lines, so I did not "leave anything out".

When the stock arrives, it is checked and coded. When I do the listings, I pull stock from the draws and do not find it necessary to reinspect the items when the listings are done as only I have access to my stock. I suggested that if she is truly not satisfied with the gemstone, that she is most welcome to make use of our returns policy if she would like to return the item. The reply I get is that she is saddened by my cold and unsympathetic response.

I would still like to know how by me admitting my oversight that I am actually at fault and "cold", and not forgetting "not admitting responsibility"?

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

wayjen

Cali, you are lucky to still get an email, lots of us just get rated even when issued can be sorted out.

Cali Craft and Gems

My correction - customer is a male not a female as originally assumed based on their first name!

MiemsJewels

To: Calli craft and Gems

This was all I could get you on such short notice Calli. Really hope this will make you feel better!

nadroses.jpg.a1d254c7d0579cc2c844e65c2567f36a.jpg

Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks Miems! :)

And the weirdest thing about "getting the roses" is that a few hours ago in the shop a customer told me I'd be getting roses tonight!

Jongleur
Thanks Miems! :)

And the weirdest thing about "getting the roses" is that a few hours ago in the shop a customer told me I'd be getting roses tonight!

Ask her for the Lotto numbers. Then send them to me via a pm. :smile:

MsPlod
I agree that one should first try and communicate via email, however I have found that in some instances the only time you will get a response from a seller is if you give a negative rating, then their response is almost instantanious.

You've had this too? Irritating isn't it?

What on earth does this woman expect me to do?

Say five hundred times "Red lorry yellow lorry red lorry yellow lorry" and then remove your negative ratings...

... so if I go ahead and rate her negatively or even neutral I'm leaving myself open for five revenge ratings from her first purchases from me - very frustrating !!!!!!!

BoB will remove retaliatory ratings - just go ahead and do what you need to do. And BLOCK the buyer...

svw

BoB will remove retaliatory ratings - just go ahead and do what you need to do. And BLOCK the buyer...

Thanks Mrs Plod .... always sensible advice.

Miss Jewels

I have a new name...thanks to a seller who I rated negative : Miss Perfect:nuts:

I bought and paid for a parcel within 2 days, seller sends mail that parcel was posted 9/5. I wait, and wait.... Contacted the post office on Wed 16/5 only to find there is no such tracking number. I phone the seller who promised to get back to me shortly. No response by late afternoon, so I send an email. Get a response that they cannot answers as they're at work and will contact me the evening. Another mail from me reminding them about trying to find the correct tracking number. So I get a reply : tracking number is correct. Boyfriend went to post office - was off line - so he sms's the tracking no to the seller, who in turn sent it to me. He then took the parcel back home/office, and put it in a drawer, but did not tell the seller.:unsure:Ok...so if I did not query my tracking number, when would they have discovered my missing parcel. I thought this was rather bad service - nearly 2 weeks after the transaction concluded and more than 10 days since "posting". So I rate negative and the mails start coming in, including an SNC as the seller will rather not post the parcel but refund me. Appealed the SNC as I wanted my items and informed BoB accordingly. Another mail from the seller stating that this issue has nothing to do with BoB and is only between us. She states I don't want to believe her :sick: and will not accept her apology. Apparantely, all the other buyers' parcels who were delayed were more undertanding. So I became Miss Perfect who does not make any mistakes. I'm just wondring how big the drawer is and how regularly it gets opened. I also paid a flat rate of R65.00 for shipping 2 parcels of loose gemstones. Oh well, after all this, she posted the parcel today. What an unpleasant situation.

Edited by Miss Jewels

lilythepink

Oh dear, Miss Jewels. I think the seller was most unreasonable towards you when she was trying to hide her own discrepancy in not ensuring the parcel was posted to you timeously. If I gave a parcel to someone else to post for me, I would be - immediately upon their return - asking for the parcel slip with tracking number so I can email it to my customer. Funny that you are now being blamed for the seller's faults!! Chin up.

Cali Craft and Gems

After this week's experiences I have a good mind of changing my terms and conditions - and therein it will show what a b**** I supposedly am (been accused of being cold, rude and miserable). Maybe this is the wrong way about going about it, but I am sick to death of giving it my all and being told that I am lying and being unresponsive. I reply to each and every email (mostly via the system for proof), giving advice along the way - ie. if you are really not satisfied with the item, please make use of our returns policy.

I was reported to BoB this morning by a buyer who claims that I have not bothered to communicate with her and have not offered for her to return the item. When querying this with a BoB rep, I was told that the buyer did phone them and informed them that she:

1) does not like the item

2) will not return the item

3) does not want a refund

4) will stick to the negative rating she issued (originally positive, changed to negative after about a week)

5) I apparently have not bothered to contact her nor to offer the option of the returns policy - even though in my correspondence to her I stated that she could return the item if she would like to even though it is beyond the 7 days bracket.

(despite the messages being on the system)

The second buyer I'm dealing with has the following excuses:

1) does not like the item (claims damage is not visible in the images, yet anyone can see the mark clear as day)

4) will stick to the seven poor ratings issued despite him only being unhappy with one item in the order

5) refuses to accept my terms and conditions, including the returns policy (why must he pay for shipping?)

6) claims that I am cold and unsympathetic to his complaint

7) says I'm being unreasonable and that I refuse to accept responsibility (for sending him the exact items that were listed!?!?!)

I would love to know from other sellers how on earth they manage to keep 100% ratings! Please tell me your secret...

The way I am feeling, if this was not our household's only means of income, I would quit. One person can only handle so much, and when I approached BoB for advice, I was basically told that they would not get involved, and that I must sweet-talk the buyer and do what ever they wanted. Sorry, but business does not work that way! I'm beginning to wonder if BoB is more interested in the buyers and not the sellers?

At the end of the day if you don't like all our terms and conditions (including our returns policy), then I'm begging you please to stay away! If you are difficult to please, then kindly get off the computer and go to the real stores to shop. If you love to lay blame at someone else's door and refuse to tell the truth when approached, then please go bug another seller. I do not have the energy reserves to be drained like this daily. I used to love doing BoB work, but thanks to a few negative nasty individuals, I have become very heavy-hearted and despondent. The 16000+ positive ratings used to be able to lift my spirits, but it just does not work anymore - those few negative ratings, the several neutral ratings, and the many nasty emails and messages far outweigh the goodness and good feeling that is in the positive ratings...

Suppose it just goes to show that a few "less than positive" apples in the bushel can make the entire lot feel rotten!

qball
After this week's experiences I have a good mind of changing my terms and conditions - and therein it will show what a b**** I supposedly am (been accused of being cold, rude and miserable). Maybe this is the wrong way about going about it, but I am sick to death of giving it my all and being told that I am lying and being unresponsive. I reply to each and every email (mostly via the system for proof), giving advice along the way - ie. if you are really not satisfied with the item, please make use of our returns policy.

I was reported to BoB this morning by a buyer who claims that I have not bothered to communicate with her and have not offered for her to return the item. When querying this with a BoB rep, I was told that the buyer did phone them and informed them that she:

1) does not like the item

4) will stick to the negative rating she issued (originally positive, changed to negative after about a week)

5) I apparently have not bothered to contact her nor to offer the option of the returns policy - even though in my correspondence to her I stated that she could return the item if she would like to even though it is beyond the 7 days bracket.

(despite the messages being on the system)

The second buyer I'm dealing with has the following excuses:

1) does not like the item (claims damage is not visible in the images, yet anyone can see the mark clear as day)

4) will stick to the seven poor ratings issued despite him only being unhappy with one item in the order

5) refuses to accept my terms and conditions, including the returns policy (why must he pay for shipping?)

6) claims that I am cold and unsympathetic to his complaint

7) says I'm being unreasonable and that I refuse to accept responsibility (for sending him the exact items that were listed!?!?!)

I would love to know from other sellers how on earth they manage to keep 100% ratings! Please tell me your secret...

The way I am feeling, if this was not our household's only means of income, I would quit. One person can only handle so much, and when I approached BoB for advice, I was basically told that they would not get involved, and that I must sweet-talk the buyer and do what ever they wanted. Sorry, but business does not work that way! I'm beginning to wonder if BoB is more interested in the buyers and not the sellers?

At the end of the day if you don't like all our terms and conditions (including our returns policy), then I'm begging you please to stay away! If you are difficult to please, then kindly get off the computer and go to the real stores to shop. If you love to lay blame at someone else's door and refuse to tell the truth when approached, then please go bug another seller. I do not have the energy reserves to be drained like this daily. I used to love doing BoB work, but thanks to a few negative nasty individuals, I have become very heavy-hearted and despondent. The 16000+ positive ratings used to be able to lift my spirits, but it just does not work anymore - those few negative ratings, the several neutral ratings, and the many nasty emails and messages far outweigh the goodness and good feeling that is in the positive ratings...

Suppose it just goes to show that a few "less than positive" apples in the bushel can make the entire lot feel rotten!

Why are you "revenge rating" the buyer on all 7 items? He only has an issue with one! This smacks of revenge rating Janet... :sad: