Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

To All Buyers who feel inclined to give Negative or Neutral ratings

Vegar
Hence the dire need to educate new buyers before they start bidding or buying. Quite frankly it is just not enough to expect them to read the rules on their own. I would suggest a Q&A session of 20 questions which have to be answered correctly before a newbie is allowed to bid or buy. It's not complicated to set up and would encourage newbies to have at least basic knowledge on what is right and wrong.

In principle I agree that it would be wonderful to have educated buyers with high moral and ethical standards. However, I doubt that more than 40% would score 100% on your test - and that includes sellers!

And furthermore, about 80% of potential Bobbers would resent having to take a test like that since they consider themselves to be the benchmark for morality ...

MiemsJewels
Hence the dire need to educate new buyers before they start bidding or buying. Quite frankly it is just not enough to expect them to read the rules on their own. I would suggest a Q&A session of 20 questions which have to be answered correctly before a newbie is allowed to bid or buy. It's not complicated to set up and would encourage newbies to have at least basic knowledge on what is right and wrong.

In principle I agree that it would be wonderful to have educated buyers with high moral and ethical standards. However, I doubt that more than 40% would score 100% on your test - and that includes sellers!

And furthermore, about 80% of potential Bobbers would resent having to take a test like that since they consider themselves to be the benchmark for morality ...

This sounds like a very good idea Vegar! That is if the new buyers can read of course!!:angel:

kyle2

More's the pity......:sad:

MsPlod

One could of course see whether BoB would get a sponsor to offer a prize for all those who answer all of the questions? Look at how much attention and interest the iPad competitions and give aways are getting...

kyle2
One could of course see whether BoB would get a sponsor to offer a prize for all those who answer all of the questions? Look at how much attention and interest the iPad competitions and give aways are getting...

Now that’s a nice positive spin on the idea! How about it BoB? Not only do you get interest from newcomers wanting to win something, you also get to Educate them on how to use Bob efficiently and accurately.

Sellers on Bob are crying for this kind of intervention....:meh:

PS the questions would have to be answered all correctly!

Prom

I have a dilemma here. I won an item on auction. The seller then sends me an email to remember that it must be paid within 3 days (not working) as if I already knew this. It doesn't say so in the item description. This is Saturday evening / Sunday morning so 1-2 days lost already.

I then see another item I would like to buy that only ends on 11 February (a somewhat long auction to start with) so I send an email asking if I can complete the order then as the seller only combines shipping on the same order. Perfectly willing to pay in the mean time. No reply at all. So I just go ahead and complete the order and pay for it on Wednesday. Shortly after I get "Please pay for your purchase on BOB" which I ignore just like my email was ignored. Then yesterday I get "Your Purchase will be shipped with our next shipment" and "TRACKER NO PA*********ZA", all through the clunky hard to see seller message interface. While in the meantime the seller's email states "Communication via email or phone please ( not in a buyers note )"

I am not at all happy about this and believe I could have got another good deal. The only thing needed to keep me happy was a "NO" or "yes". Now I will rather buy at 10 times the price than from this buyer again.

Would it be unfair to give a neutral rating for bad communication if at least the item is in good condition? This will likely result in the usual "no communication" response but sometimes we buyers do try to communicate and get no response then only a bunch of hidden messages through a system the buyer asks us not to use.

Little Miss Muffet

I would not give a neutral rating.

Your correspondence is an oversight.

Edited by geewhizz

Cali Craft and Gems

How is this "excuse" for a negative rating:

"I was not available to collect parcels from 27 January to 6 February. Your parcel was at the post office on 6 February so it took too long to get there."

Facts:

Parcel dispatched from Oudtshoorn on 26 January and was collected in Kirkwood on 30 January. (4 days over a weekend between two remote areas is excellent!)

Original rating given on 31 January stating "goods received".

Changed to negative on 6 February (subsquently changed back to positive).

What next!?!?

lilythepink

Deep breaths, Cali, and count the minutes till you can have a sundowner! :blink1:

Cali Craft and Gems

Forget the sundowner - where's the iceberg? Temp was in the thirties last night so I was still awake at 4am desperately seeking anything / any place cool! (Aircon guy will be here later this afternoon)

TS Ron

Promise you once you had a air con installed you shall wonder how did you ever get through without it. I have one in the office as it is upstairs it gets humid and hot up there. We basically all want to be up in the office of lately.

Cali Craft and Gems

Nice one:

"Quality not so good and colour TOTALLY different than photo-thanks anyway as this was a gift"

Listing: Gemstones - Sterling silver ring - DINOSAUR BONE - Dreams Collection was sold for R180.00 on 8 Mar at 23:01 by Cali Craft and Gems in Oudtshoorn (ID:59764940)

I replied to her rating pointing out that the colour variance is in fact pointed out in the listing itself ("colour - more brown than red") PLUS in my general terms and conditions it does state: "Colour / hue may vary slightly due to monitor variances"!

And as far as quality goes, the items from this particular supplier is always top quality and to date I have not had one person say anything bad about the quality - in fact our quality is so good that it is backed by the Jewellery Council of South Africa (which obviously means squat for this buyer!).

At the end of the day it took this buyer five weeks to let me know via the rating that she was not happy - firstly not as quickly as she could (if I was dissatisfied, I would not wait over a month to say something!), and secondly against what it recommends in our T&C's - to first contact me before doing the rating!

I guess it takes all types to make the world go round... including this buyer who loves to dish out neutral and negative ratings... must be a knee-jerk response to the 77 negatives and 20 neutrals she has received herself! :(

Vinyl Lady Decals
Have you contacted the seller to see if there is a solution to the problem? Sellers are not aware of problems if it is not pointed out to them by the buyers. Most sellers will bend backwards to please their buyers, it is common courtesy to contact the seller prior to leaving a neutral or negative rating.

Unfortunately there are some people that don't have common courtesy, or any courtesy at all for that matter.

MsPlod
I guess it takes all types to make the world go round... including this buyer who loves to dish out neutral and negative ratings... must be a knee-jerk response to the 77 negatives and 20 neutrals she has received herself! :(

Wow - quite a buyer...INDLELA (612 rating4.gif)

Rating: 89.95% positive ratings

mellowred
Wow - quite a buyer...INDLELA (612 rating4.gif)

Rating: 89.95% positive ratings

Shew. First thing that comes to mind is why does she keep on buying?:amazed: Half her experiences are negative.

Send the woman some "happiness" crystals Cali. She needs them.

Cali Craft and Gems
Send the woman some "happiness" crystals Cali. She needs them.

Send them or throw them at her? (Personally slinging them at her will give me more satisfaction!)

Bargain Coins

All ratings received by Electra_Girl on bidorbuy.co.za

Just lost me as a client, reason first was a win item on Friday and Sunday a "awaiting payment" yellow rating. I phoned her to ask her wtf as i have not even seen that i won the lot or must i sit glued to my pc after all it is weekend. second on wack wednesday won item but other lots will close on friday night late, so i await lots to close, but friday afternoon again rated yellow. i actually is glad i lost those bids as she wont see my money again.

admin

Just lost me as a client, reason first was a win item on Friday and Sunday a "awaiting payment" yellow rating. I phoned her to ask her wtf as i have not even seen that i won the lot or must i sit glued to my pc after all it is weekend. second on wack wednesday won item but other lots will close on friday night late, so i await lots to close, but friday afternoon again rated yellow. i actually is glad i lost those bids as she wont see my money again.

It is green again.

[TABLE=align: center]

[TR]

[TD]15 Apr 12 16:22 png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAEAAAABCAIAAACQd1PeAAAADElEQVQImWNgYGAAAAAEAAGjChXjAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC[/TD]

[TD] 1x1_trans.gif[/TD]

[TD] Bargain Coins (3266 rating5.gif)[/TD]

[TD] Electra_Girl (119 rating3.gif)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3][/TD]

[TD=colspan: 3] BRAND NEW - BEAUTIFUL BLACK BOOB TUBE DRESS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD] Comment[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 3] Hi, accidentally pressed the select all button and rated a few buyers incorrectly. I am sorry but working off my iPad and the touch is quite sensitive[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 15 Apr 12 16:22[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Response[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 3] SECOND TIME ROUND, YOU RATE BEFORE YOU THINK AS I WAS AWAITING BIDS ON YOUR LOTS TO CLOSE, LUCKILY I LOST AS I WILL NOT BID ON YOUR LOTS AGAIN[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Little Miss Muffet

Wow!! Go and read the thread you started"My ratings problem" You jump on a buyer within 44 hours but when a buyer jumps on you it is another story.

Maybe your buyer was not glued to his/her PC.

lilythepink

Heist some "ordinary" rocks from an ostrich farm and throw them at her, Cali!

Bargain Coins
Wow!! Go and read the thread you started"My ratings problem" You jump on a buyer within 44 hours but when a buyer jumps on you it is another story.

Maybe your buyer was not glued to his/her PC.

my 48hrs is work days not weekends, if it was not, all snap friday buyers would be rated negative. yes i "jump" on a buyer if the buyer do not complete order and payment,but still go bidding on other lots

Cali Craft and Gems

And yet another... after all these years of having a clean record, these unreasonable individuals are creeping out of the woodwork:

Buyer purchases an item with free shipping. Initially rates as being very happy with her purchase, now a few weeks later wakes up and decides that she no longer likes the item - excuse is that the setting is loose. Although I practically beg buyers to send me an email to resolve an issue before they do the rating, this one emails me to say she will be rating me negative which she duly does within seconds of the email.

I reply to her immediately via the messaging system stating that the settings on this particular range do appear slightly loose as the gemstone is soft and as such would be crushed if the claws were made any tighter. This entire range was checked thoroughly due to a previous enquiry about a loose setting so I know for a fact that all the items are fine. (as mentioned to the buyer, I have an almost identical pendant which after months of frequent wearing is still perfect)

This buyer flat out refuses to communicate via email and instead replies to my rating of her with quite a snide remark. Although registered in 2006, she not used BoB often and seems to have stepped on many toes in that period - often accused of ratings abuse. I have reported this matter to bidorbuy and hope that they see the light in this issue. (in my opinion, she does not know how the system works, nor what ratings are for so stirs up as she plods along)

Strangely enough, when her order first came through I told my husband that I expected a poor rating from her simply based on the previous transactions with other sellers. Surely if a seller can "read" a buyer (and predicts correctly) that means something!?

To me, it is a pure slap in the face as I am trying to keep the buyer happy but she is on a power trip and is ignoring me. What a way to start the week...

Seriously Seeking (8)

Rating:78.57% positive ratings

LuckySilver

To me, it is a pure slap in the face as I am trying to keep the buyer happy but she is on a power trip and is ignoring me. What a way to start the week...

Seriously Seeking (8)

Rating:78.57% positive ratings

Cali Craft, I do hope you come right real soon! I send real condolences as I wish buyers could know how utterly disheartening and energy-zapping it is to receive an instant negative when as a seller we really do our best to serve and please in this market. With almost 16 000 stars to your name you should try stay focused on this AMAZING achievement while you deal with this issue - best of luck!!!

MiemsJewels

Seriously Seeking For Trouble (8) ???