Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

To All Buyers who feel inclined to give Negative or Neutral ratings

ziggy2000

Have you contacted the seller to see if there is a solution to the problem? Sellers are not aware of problems if it is not pointed out to them by the buyers. Most sellers will bend backwards to please their buyers, it is common courtesy to contact the seller prior to leaving a neutral or negative rating.

kyle2

Hence the dire need to educate new buyers before they start bidding or buying. Quite frankly it is just not enough to expect them to read the rules on their own. I would suggest a Q&A session of 20 questions which have to be answered correctly before a newbie is allowed to bid or buy. It's not complicated to set up and would encourage newbies to have at least basic knowledge on what is right and wrong.

ie. 1st Question : Would you bid on an item if you did not actually have the money? Y or N

2nd Question : Is it OK to bid or buy before reading the description properly? Y or N

3rd Question : If you are unhappy with the product or service would you leave negative feedback before contacting the seller?Y or N

20th Question : is it a good idea to waste a sellers time by bidding for the fun of it? Y or N

and so on and so forth...

Something like this would make better buyers of newcomers.

Edited by kyle2
couldn't resist adding #20

Little Miss Muffet

Where is "I love it button"

kyle2
Where is "I love it button"

Its lurking around as a 'Like' Button.:biggrin:

StudMuffinsMissus

I agree completely with the above posts BUT another problem is buyers not rating negative / neutral after a bad experience (after exhaustively contacting the seller). I check ratings when buying & didn't pick anything dodgy up about a recent seller I bought from. If his buyers had rated properly I wouldn't be sitting without my goods *MAD*. I am only a buyer on BoB, not a seller. Not all of us are illiterate idiots although granted, there are quite a few around :bigsmile:

Mustlovebooks

I started randomly selecting sellers in the book and education section where I spend most of my time and had a look at their ratings. If the person is both a seller and a buyer (including me), the ratings given by sellers are close to the amount of transactions, for e.g. 83 out of 88 sellers had rated me, so there were only 5 who didn't rate me at all. The buyers on the other hand don't always rate the sellers. Only 831 out of 1155 transactions were rated at all. Some other big sellers have thousands of outstanding ratings from buyers, but their "ratings given by sellers" are rather close to the amount of transactions made.

It's sad that sellers aren't rated at the same frequency that buyers are. I rate a buyer as soon as I receive payment, but there are so many who don't rate at all.

booksallsizes

The only time I don't rate (as a buyer) is if the seller doesn't rate me. Usually these sellers are waiting to see what you will rate them. And I don't like that game. Some sellers say it is the "overall" experience that one rates - but really, once a buyer pays, that's their part done - if they are unhappy then things need to be sorted out. And, I TOTALLY agree - contact the seller first before a negative or neutral rating - most sellers WILL bend over backwards for a buyer.

I also have noticed that those that are buyers and sellers do rate one another - I think it's because we all know how one another feels.:biggrin:

I don't have a hassle with buyers that don't rate - it's nice if they do, but if they don't, well...

kyle2
The only time I don't rate (as a buyer) is if the seller doesn't rate me. Usually these sellers are waiting to see what you will rate them. And I don't like that game. Some sellers say it is the "overall" experience that one rates - but really, once a buyer pays, that's their part done - if they are unhappy then things need to be sorted out. And, I TOTALLY agree - contact the seller first before a negative or neutral rating - most sellers WILL bend over backwards for a buyer.

I also have noticed that those that are buyers and sellers do rate one another - I think it's because we all know how one another feels.:biggrin:

I don't have a hassle with buyers that don't rate - it's nice if they do, but if they don't, well...

I dissagree with you on not rating someone, I believe that regardless of who is waiting for what, if you are happy with the transaction, give an honest rating, I use the 'Pay it forward' belief system in all things, 99% of the time this works.

Little Miss Muffet

When buyers pays I rate them. This tells me they have paid and the item needs to be posted

If a buyer does not rate me then the transaction "Hangs in the air" as I do not know whether the item has been received safely.

I think it is only fair to rate a seller.I sell collectors items that have to be sourced out by expensive advertising,running round the Peninsula on calls,photographing the items,loading them etc etc. So I deserve my rating.

The buyer only has to click a few buttons.:blush:

MiemsJewels
When buyers pays I rate them. This tells me they have paid and the item needs to be posted

If a buyer does not rate me then the transaction "Hangs in the air" as I do not know whether the item has been received safely.

I think it is only fair to rate a seller.I sell collectors items that have to be sourced out by expensive advertising,running round the Peninsula on calls,photographing the items,loading them etc etc. So I deserve my rating.

The buyer only has to click a few buttons.:blush:

Then you get buyers like this.

Paid me yesterday, I send her a track & trace number. This morning this. 3 of them. Her track & trace number is on her bidorbuy account in "mesagge from seller" Now she threads me with a negative. Unfair to sellers!

Item

DENIM JEAN LOOK TIGHTS LEGGINGS WITH PATCHED MOTIFS

Rated by Buyer

orene (90 rating2.gif)

Originally Rated

02 Sep 2011 10:23

Rating

1x1_trans.gif

Comment

waiting for tracking number thanks

MiemsJewels

It was changed from a neutral to a positive now. Thank You

Mustlovebooks

Miems, that is so unfair! Dit gaan my verstand te bowe!

And I see you have given her wonderful ratings. And it's not like she's a new buyer. She should know better.

Sellers would go out of their way to help and assist - buyers should just send a friendly mail and make enquiries - not just jump the gun and rate negative or neutral. They usually say they will change the rating when they receive their stuff, but a lot of them never do that. Either they forget or they don't bother.

For me ratings from buyers are really important. Sellers are being judged by their ratings (reputation) by potential buyers. Buyers don't care if the negative or neutral was unfair. We need new buyers also, not only our regular customers who were happy before and keep on returning. We all want to expand our businesses. If I look at a listing as a buyer, my eye goes to the sellers' ratings first, before I even look at details for the product. How much time does it really take to just say "thank you, I received my stuff and I'm happy"? The BoB system even remembers all your previous ratings, so you don't even have to type out the whole thing. You can just select the right one and BoB's your uncle (pun intended).

And I look at sellers who have great ratings, like Miems, and use them as motivation to be a great seller with lots of sales and lots of positive ratings.

MiemsJewels

Yes Mustlove, and I am like a Mother hen over her chickens on my ratings!!. Our reputations are on the spell here!!

booksallsizes
I dissagree with you on not rating someone, I believe that regardless of who is waiting for what, if you are happy with the transaction, give an honest rating, I use the 'Pay it forward' belief system in all things, 99% of the time this works.

I hear what you are saying and you are right - but you're a far nicer person than me!! It gets up my nose so much that I can't bring myself to do it... Because I'm then not 100% happy with the transaction if I haven't been rated after payment or after the item has been posted... :weeabooface:

kyle2
I hear what you are saying and you are right - but you're a far nicer person than me!! It gets up my nose so much that I can't bring myself to do it... Because I'm then not 100% happy with the transaction if I haven't been rated after payment or after the item has been posted... :weeabooface:

I hear what you are saying, and appreciate your point of view, the bottom line at the end of the day I still maintain the solution is educating new buyers and re-educating habitual negative raters and buyers/sellers who don't rate at all. :cool:

booksallsizes
I hear what you are saying, and appreciate your point of view, the bottom line at the end of the day I still maintain the solution is educating new buyers and re-educating habitual negative raters and buyers/sellers who don't rate at all. :cool:

I like this and you are 100% right, Kyle - wish I wasn't so stubborn :sad: (and I wish it didn't bother me so - because how silly is it to get annoyed about things like that?)*sigh* Will work on it :cool:

And, Miems - brilliant lady - how awesome are those ratings!?!

Cali Craft and Gems

The you get the buyers who think they are "just it" and can say what they want:

3 Negative ratings received last night because the buyer refuses to return the items for a refund. There were certain steps she had to take according to the recommendations from bidorbuy before the refund process could begin, and she took over a month to do step one. She claims that I refuse to refund her, but she has not returned the items, and she has not given me her banking details! What now? (this buyer also accuses me of fraud and claims she is going to open a case against me thus not returning the goods she claims "fake crap" yet certificates state otherwise)

1 Neutral rating received this morning due to being "too slow"! Under my shipping details I clearly state the exact date that parcels are going to be dispatched - was once a week, but when orders increased in June / July, I changed it to twice a week - Tuesdays for large orders, Thursdays for small orders. SMALL item (pendant) paid on 15 August, next shipping date stated for smalls is Thurs 18 August. Parcel dispatched on 18 August, tracking number emailed at 7pm on 18 August. Parcel at her branch 5 working days later on 25 August. Buyer collects 8 days later on 1 September, then blames me for being too slow! I don't understand her logic!

Ultimately the poor ratings (even neutral) reflect badly on a seller. I'd understand completely if I "deserved" the ratings if I had done something wrong, but how can the seller honestly be blamed if the buyer does not do their part? I cannot force the buyer to collect the parcel quickly, I cannot force them to return items if they're not happy, and I cannot suck their banking information out of my thumb for refunds!

I guess you can't keep "everyone happy"... no matter how hard you try.

Little Miss Muffet

If I was you I would file an SNC against the buyer you are wanting to refund and give the details as "Buyer to be refunded once goods are returned" It may move her A... and would certainly Poof!! Poof!! the negatives.

Vinyl Lady Decals
The you get the buyers who think they are "just it" and can say what they want:

3 Negative ratings received last night because the buyer refuses to return the items for a refund. There were certain steps she had to take according to the recommendations from bidorbuy before the refund process could begin, and she took over a month to do step one. She claims that I refuse to refund her, but she has not returned the items, and she has not given me her banking details! What now? (this buyer also accuses me of fraud and claims she is going to open a case against me thus not returning the goods she claims "fake crap" yet certificates state otherwise)

1 Neutral rating received this morning due to being "too slow"! Under my shipping details I clearly state the exact date that parcels are going to be dispatched - was once a week, but when orders increased in June / July, I changed it to twice a week - Tuesdays for large orders, Thursdays for small orders. SMALL item (pendant) paid on 15 August, next shipping date stated for smalls is Thurs 18 August. Parcel dispatched on 18 August, tracking number emailed at 7pm on 18 August. Parcel at her branch 5 working days later on 25 August. Buyer collects 8 days later on 1 September, then blames me for being too slow! I don't understand her logic!

Ultimately the poor ratings (even neutral) reflect badly on a seller. I'd understand completely if I "deserved" the ratings if I had done something wrong, but how can the seller honestly be blamed if the buyer does not do their part? I cannot force the buyer to collect the parcel quickly, I cannot force them to return items if they're not happy, and I cannot suck their banking information out of my thumb for refunds!

I guess you can't keep "everyone happy"... no matter how hard you try.

I am sure that you can appeal all these ratings, negatives and neutral.

For the negatives, you can state that you offered the buyer a refund if she returns the items and she has instead chosen to rate you negatively. BoB should take them off as the refund policy is part of your terms.

On the neutral, you can also appeal and paste a copy of the tracking into the appeal - also stating that postage takes place as per your listing. It's also a negative comment stated on a neutral rating which doesn't make it neutral at all. The buyer could have done this for the specific reason that she knows that neutrals are not normally removed.

Good luck:bigsmile:

Mustlovebooks

It is scary to see how many sellers get negative and neutral ratings because buyers don't read the listings or don't ask questions if they're not sure about size, colour, etc. Surely the buyer is to blame. Are there certain ratings a seller can't appeal if the seller's listing is clear as day and the buyer is unfair?

TS Ron
Then you get buyers like this.

Paid me yesterday, I send her a track & trace number. This morning this. 3 of them. Her track & trace number is on her bidorbuy account in "mesagge from seller" Now she threads me with a negative. Unfair to sellers!

Item

DENIM JEAN LOOK TIGHTS LEGGINGS WITH PATCHED MOTIFS

Rated by Buyer

orene (90 rating2.gif)

Originally Rated

02 Sep 2011 10:23

Rating

1x1_trans.gif

Comment

waiting for tracking number thanks

Miems ask bidorbuy to remove the unfair rating she has not seen the goods. Wow this amazing!

StudMuffinsMissus

Just over 3 MONTHS after I won an auction I finally have a tracking number!!! This is the first negative rating I've given, even when I receive the item I'm not changing the rating as the whole experience was just negative. What do you think?

brands online
Hence the dire need to educate new buyers before they start bidding or buying. Quite frankly it is just not enough to expect them to read the rules on their own. I would suggest a Q&A session of 20 questions which have to be answered correctly before a newbie is allowed to bid or buy. It's not complicated to set up and would encourage newbies to have at least basic knowledge on what is right and wrong.

ie. 1st Question : Would you bid on an item if you did not actually have the money? Y or N

2nd Question : Is it OK to bid or buy before reading the description properly? Y or N

3rd Question : If you are unhappy with the product or service would you leave negative feedback before contacting the seller?Y or N

20th Question : is it a good idea to waste a sellers time by bidding for the fun of it? Y or N

and so on and so forth...

Something like this would make better buyers of newcomers.

Please, please , please can we get something like this or at least another step for buyers to complete when passing a negative rating. I just received a negative rating for an item "not working at all". No communication, not a word, just this. I have mailed to say they should return the item for a replacement even though the parcel, according to Track and Trace was collected 10 days ago. In the interim though, the negative stands out "boldly" as though we're trying to fraud people. Needless to say, this isn't the first time this has happened with approx. 10 500 items sold. It's no wonder sellers get g@t#*l at times too...

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for BEST SELLER!!! *** Sounds and Music Baby Play Mat***

19 Sep 2011

Comment:

Although I received in time the item i purchased is faulty and does not work at all. This is extremely dissapointing!

by Anliki (5)

Response:

Hi there, please see email sent regarding replacement. Why rate without communicating the problem?

:mad:

Edited by brands online

MiemsJewels

Newby Again

Please, please , please can we get something like this or at least another step for buyers to complete when passing a negative rating. I just received a negative rating for an item "not working at all". No communication, not a word, just this. I have mailed to say they should return the item for a replacement even though the parcel, according to Track and Trace was collected 10 days ago. In the interim though, the negative stands out "boldly" as though we're trying to fraud people. Needless to say, this isn't the first time this has happened with approx. 10 500 items sold. It's no wonder sellers get g@t#*l at times too...

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for BEST SELLER!!! *** Sounds and Music Baby Play Mat***

19 Sep 2011

Comment:

Although I received in time the item i purchased is faulty and does not work at all. This is extremely dissapointing!

by Anliki (5)

Response:

Hi there, please see email sent regarding replacement. Why rate without communicating the problem?

:mad:

This ia really an UNFAIR rating Brands. You do offer money-back or replacement don't you? Now what is her problem then.........eish.

Sharpshooter? Sniper? Needed urgently!!

But look, a NEWBY at work again!! Anliki (5) :mad:

brands online
This ia really an UNFAIR rating Brands. You do offer money-back or replacement don't you? Now what is her problem then.........eish.

Sharpshooter? Sniper? Needed urgently!!

Thanks, the rating's been adjusted to neutral in the interim at my request per email like a normal person. Thing is, buyers are always complaining about revenge negative ratings, but sellers just have to put up with crap. I mean, take this for example. The item was collected from the post office "10" days ago. How come it was only found to be "not working" now? We've sold literally more than a hundred of these and not one comeback. Despite all that, we're willing to replace, but coupled with that, we're the ones that need to explain to the buyer what online trading entails including civility and mutual respect.