Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

Please bring back the COIN forum again ...

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

Hello everyone

I think this forum is dying because coins, coin collecting, numismatics etc. are totally overshadowed by endless and relentless day-by-day never-ending postings of non-coin relating issues.

When I wake up in the morning, all I see on our forum is the same of yesterdays’ .... watch this & that stream / video of senator X / newsletter of German so-and-so / FIAT bla-bla-bla whatever / and more ....

I for one am out of here for now ...

Pierre

qball    11
qball

Pierre, it's your choice not to read it or pay any attention to it... just a suggestion... :nuts:

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

That I will do ...

That I will do ...

alloway65    10
alloway65
Hello everyone

I think this forum is dying because coins, coin collecting, numismatics etc. are totally overshadowed by endless and relentless day-by-day never-ending postings of non-coin relating issues.

When I wake up in the morning, all I see on our forum is the same of yesterdays’ .... watch this & that stream / video of senator X / newsletter of German so-and-so / FIAT bla-bla-bla whatever / and more ....

I for one am out of here for now ...

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

It gets somewhat heavy, I just have a quick look but most of the time I ignore the links.

However, the basis of the premise re the World economy I agree with....but as you say nothing to do with numismatics........more about precious metals etc!

Regards

David

Edited by alloway65

Cold Sea    0
Cold Sea

I fully agree with Pierre, the endless self serving posts by Scott do not belong on a coin forum. A shallow search on the internet will show up the method and approach as typical. Any news is good for the poster as long as his name floats.

The sticky adds nothing to coin collecting. The poster (Scott Balson) regurgitates opinion and theories as fact relying on partisan radicals as a source of information.

There are lots of conspiracy forums where these postings will be welcomed. I also feel that admin should revisit the appropriateness of the sticky.

Edited by Cold Sea

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Let this forum decide

I fully agree with Pierre, the endless self serving posts by Scott do not belong on a coin forum. A shallow search on the internet will show up the method and approach as typical. Any news is good for the poster as long as his name floats.

The sticky adds nothing to coin collecting. The poster (Scott Balson) regurgitates opinion and theories as fact relying on partisan radicals as a source of information.

There are lots of conspiracy forums where these postings will be welcomed. I also feel that admin should revisit the appropriateness of the sticky.

Well it is nice to know sharing my research on the subject covered in the thread On the Cusp is seen as self-serving by one poster on BoB (For the record I am not surprised that he would say this about me). I would be interested in what the general consensus of the wider community on this forum is as my wife is getting a bit over my getting up at 4am each morning (Australian time) - its just after 6am now - to post to this forum. I was apparently under the false impression (based on two of the posts above) that this resource was seen as valuable by most people.

With regards to the suggestion that opinions carried in this thread rely on "partisan radicals" I can only smile because if the poster had followed the thread he would see how wrong he was. As Cuan says you make the decision to click the link on a thread which now has over 50,000 visits.

Anyway, the bottom line is, the ball is firmly in the court of the members who visit this forum. I will be travelling to South Africa in two weeks and will catch up on some well earned sleep before my wife and I leave. I will monitor what is said in this thread and if my sharing of the hours I spend on my own research on this subject is not appreciated then I will simply stop posting. Coldsea might not believe this but this will be a relief to me - I guess I was silly enough to think that sharing knowledge was enjoyed by and benefiting those reading it.

In conclusion I would be delighted to (as Coldsea put is so eloquently in the quote above) STOP polishing my own buttons.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18

admin    0
admin
it's your choice not to read it or pay any attention to it... :nuts:

Thread locked.

Thank you.