Sign in to follow this  
Vintage_Collectables

Broken promises

Vintage_Collectables

I have the following problem and would greatly appreciate comments.

Last week I purchased rugby trading cards from seller Goodies001. The listings stated “Speed Services Couriers Free shipping for orders of R130.00 or more.” I added several lots to my order until my combined orders reached close to R500, with the understanding that I would received free Speed Services (I also selected this option on the order when it became available). When my order grew, the seller emailed me saying that they have “added an extra R5 to cover additional postage cost”.

I wrote back to the seller:

“Your listings say Free shipping for orders of R130.00 or more, so I am puzzled about the additional shipping charge because according to your listings, there should be no shipping charge at all. It is not clear what shipping method you use to post, is it insured or not?”

The seller replied:

“I’m happy to forget R5, if that is what is stated I’ve not picked that one up yet but will look into it. (Thanks for pointing it out) . Will send registered mail and forward you the tracking number”

There is a big difference between Speed Services Couriers and Registered Mail, but I gave in and thought that at least Registered Mail would be safe. But the following day the seller emailed me saying that they had sent my parcel with a PE tracking number. So my order went from the expected Speed Services Couriers to just a normal parcel with a tracking number.

I know of other buyers on BoB who have had similar experiences where promises about specific shipping methods were not kept.

This transaction makes me feel totally helpless as a buyer. The seller has broken the promise that was made on the listing page and that made via email. I have no control on how the seller ships after I pay, I can only trust that they will do as they promised.

I wrote to the seller on Sunday that I am very disappointed but have had no response. So it seems that the seller is not keen to resolve the issue.

The seller has since altered the shipping options, but here is one listing I bid on where the options are similar to how it was when I bid (I have a screen shot available of how the page looked when I bid) - Trading Cards - 2011 Rugby World Cup - Samoa Flag Card No 25 New was sold for R6.00 on 26 Aug at 14:36 by Goodies001 in Johannesburg (ID:42259193)

Comments on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

Vegar

I see the seller has not rated you for your payment - BAD practice !!! This is not a good sign!

I so understand where you are coming from, this has happened to me several times: I pay EXTRA for insurance and the seller takes a chance and sends it via regular mail.

This is a TRUST matter. The seller offered FREE shipping, downgraded to REGISTERED and then just sent it off with a tracking number. This means that in case the package is lost (R500) you are left with nothing ...

This should reflect in the ratings ... the scary part is that a person who acts like Goodies001 MIGHT very well revenge rate :unsure:

As a seller I am very cautious about who I buy from on Bidorbuy!

lilythepink

When something is not as it appears in the listing, notify communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za with all the details. They will sort it out pronto.

What has happened to Vintage Collectables with the items purchased is immoral, to put it mildly!

StudMuffinsMissus

I seriously hope you rate negative or at least neutral. BoB would surely remove a (possible) revenge rating if the seller gives you one. When I am buying I obviously look through ratings and they should be a true reflection. Happened recently when I bought something & didn't receive it 3 months later...the previous buyers didn't rate negative for items not received & I was conned into buying from a dead beat seller.

mellowred

100% agree P850. If the ratings are not honest they are totally useless to anyone.

Vintage_Collectables

Thanks for your input about the feedback, I have been wondering how to approach it and this has helped clear it up for me (the revenge rating issue has crossed my mind).

Yes, honest feedback is definitely important to warn other potential buyers. The seller hasnt contacted me since I confronted them last Sunday about the issue, which I think doesnt count in their favour. If a seller isnt willing to work at resolving an issue that is very bad service. Overall I have very little confidence left in this seller. So by rating honestly I hope to spare other buyers the same experience.

Vegar

I see the seller has now changed their shipping costs to R20 per item ... card! And they offer free shipping for orders of above R150.

Trading Cards - Match Attax 10/11 Base Cards, Complete your Collection All available mint condition for sale in Johannesburg (ID:44438154)

Most of the cards are around a couple of Rans so I would have to buy quite a lot for the free shipping. But lets say I just want 15 cards which would come to about R50 + R300 for shipping ???

I think the seller is not paying attention ... but buyers would be paying a lot for shipping :wacko: