Sign in to follow this  
Elbee2

Battling to list a book on Buy it Now - Need help please

Elbee2

Hi all, I am trying to list a book on a Buy it Now. I have included a short description and picture of the inside of the book.When i try to list it, iget the following message:

The Item can not be saved because it has error(s)

• Field Trade_Description should be 8,000 characters or less

What exactly does that mean? Even if I the delete all the text, it still won't accept the listing. The strange thing is, just the previous listing was accepted.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

MiemsJewels
Hi all, I am trying to list a book on a Buy it Now. I have included a short description and picture of the inside of the book.When i try to list it, iget the following message:

The Item can not be saved because it has error(s)

• Field Trade_Description should be 8,000 characters or less

What exactly does that mean? Even if I the delete all the text, it still won't accept the listing. The strange thing is, just the previous listing was accepted.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

I usually happens when you copy & paste. The trade discription are to large/big

Try to use less words

Elbee2

Thank you

Thanks Miems - yes I was doing it using cut and paste. It's just easier if I do all the descriptions etc beforehand and then when I want list the item, it is easier and quicker.

The weird thing is, even if I delete all the text, the system seems to remember the previous version, and still bombs me out.

Anyway, keep trying hey.......

voldermort

the exact same thing is mentioned in this thread......................http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/bloomin-computer/14439-error-message-when-placing-new-ads.html#post117529

mellowred
Thanks Miems - yes I was doing it using cut and paste. It's just easier if I do all the descriptions etc beforehand and then when I want list the item, it is easier and quicker.

The weird thing is, even if I delete all the text, the system seems to remember the previous version, and still bombs me out.

Anyway, keep trying hey.......

Hi Elbee

Type your text in a programme like Corel or MS Publisher. Save it as a picture (lots of text use PNG and 96 dpi) then upload this "picture" as your description.

Regards

Mandy