Sign in to follow this  
RAG Auctioneers

64 GB flash drive at low price

kyle2

New seller, item price too good to be true, common sense should prevail........

Personally I don't trust any flashdrive with more than 8gig anyway, the others bigger than this seem to fail for no reason and there are lots of fong kong versions of the transcend drive being sold at street corners. Just don't trust em'.

retailrush

@ RAG - regarding the Credit Card Charges - No, we are definitely not allowed to charge the buyer for the card fees. You should report this to Community Watch, I am sure they will ask the Seller to remove it.

Libertas Computers

These things are sometimes legit (fell of the back of a truck) kind of deals, but most of the time the items are fake. They usually only end up being a 2Gb drive that fails very often with speeds that are very slow.

I know Kingston struggled with them a while ago, and ended up creating a website where you can check the serial of the item to the website to make sure that it is a legit drive, but recently Transcend drives have been widely available like this.

To give you an idea, we have the official Transcend supplier as one of our suppliers and if I were to sell that exact drive it would be listed for around about R1 000...

EDIT: I see Transcend did the same with the website for verification. Perhaps BoB could block the seller under suspicion and obtain the serials for the drives from the seller , match it on the website and then allow him to sell if satisfied? I know it's a long shot, as it will be easy to get real serials, but it's at least a try.

I know of many people who do not even know that they bought a fake, as it still shows as a 64Gb drive, but the moment it goes over 2Gb or 4Gb the drive says that it is full. And the speed issues are always blamed on the computer...

Edited by Libertas Computers