Sign in to follow this  
whiterebbit

Destroy my PC In a RED missed?

whiterebbit

How many times have you bid for an item within the (red) last few seconds and had it closed on you before your bid is entered?

I have had this happen a couple of times now.Good job I didn't really want it that much.Nothing is THAT important.But still, it is severely annoying none the less. You have put aside your time ,waited your moment, and pounced to utter disappointment.

Why doesn't the BoB clock keep proper time.The clock is running in front of your eyes,yet it doesn't do it's job.

How many seconds ahead of the close is a safe bidding time? I need to know before I destroy my PC in a (red) mist.Aaaaagh.:sick:

Lukeness

It's happened to me before when the clock showed 3 minutes to spare.

qball

Did you refresh the page? You must refresh the page.

Lukeness

I actually think that I refreshed it too many times and ended up with an internet lag. A fast line is all good and well but speeds get effected by all sorts, including wireless home networks with too many walls in the way!

My other mistake was not comparing the ending time to my own watch because I would have realised that what I saw on the screen was a little off.

Pathway

You can find out the bidorbuy time at the bottom of every page. It's better to use the bob time when bidding. I allow at least 10 seconds before in a last minute bid - the internet is not always as fast as we think it will be!

brands online
You can find out the bidorbuy time at the bottom of every page. It's better to use the bob time when bidding. I allow at least 10 seconds before in a last minute bid - the internet is not always as fast as we think it will be!

Please tell me where the time is now? I only see it on the forum pages ( where it's wrong, more often than not) and I'm using Firefox. It used to be there with the old look but since the changes I don't see BOB time on any of the pages. I did ask about this in the thread "New Look" and was told

It has moved to the footer at the bottom of the pages...

No it hasn't! Time is now here :smile:

Pathway

I see the time at the bottom of every page, in the footer, under the Bidorbuy column - then yu have to click on it, to see the time. Nobody said it was quick.... and if the internet is slow, the item may already have been sold, packed, and halfway to its desination by the time you see it, but it's there.

Admittedly, I haven't gone to every page on the site, but it's there when you're buying.