Sign in to follow this  
whiterebbit

the ounce police

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

I am talking troy ounces here. I am so new to all this.I don't collect any amount of coins for their own sake,though i admit to liking certain coins,but very few.No I am a bullion hound.When I look at an auction from my point of view ,I try to get some metal value.So the spreadsheet comes out, and I calculate down to the fourth decimal place( yeah, nuts I know) sometimes,before I bid.:push:

When I find a seller who is miscalculating his worth,I find it hard to correct him/her.This is simply confidence that is lacking ,plus the rip-out I received from a certain English female KR seller recently.I don't need that stuff in my life thanks.

So the latest guy is puffing his ounces .What he makes 17 pure, I make 15.525.The price has already shot through it's worth.So no skin off my nose,but you know, it's not nice.

Edited by whiterebbit
missed troy

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

Replying to my own post seems a bit dull I know. But more and more of these junk silver sellers are using the ounce that measures flour and butter instead of the troy ounce.What is to be done?Ignore these sellers, take advantage of their stupid inflating the numbers.I don't know ,I'm just a bit deer mac car ,that's all.How do you spell that? T*H*A*T*.