Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Lead soldiers

booksallsizes

I have a pile of lead soldiers given to me by the charity I work for to sell for them. There are about 40 intact and about 20 that have bits broken off of them and they range from 4cm (for the normal standing soldiers) to about 8cm (for the mounted soldiers) and some soldiers are lying down in a shooting position. Are they worthwhile putting on a Crazy Wednesday auction? Or should I just list with a price for the lot - if so, what would be reasonable? Bear in mind that the charity just wants to sell them for what they can get - they don't want to hang onto them forever when they could be making income by selling a little cheaper than normal....

If anyone could help (Geewhizz??) I'd really appreciate it - I'm only used to selling books :whistling:

Little Miss Muffet

There are reproductions so a photo would help.

Britains were the biggest producers and if they are the originals Wed should be the best place to enter them.

booksallsizes

Thanks, geewhizz - will post a photo or two tomorrow so you can let me know what you think, if you get a chance - would really appreciate it. No markings or anything that I can see... Don't know if they are supposed to have them...:wondering: