Sign in to follow this  
Mustlovebooks

What should I do with this buyer?

Mustlovebooks

What should I do when a buyer first wants to see the goods on her first order before she will pay me for her new orders?

The first time I had to file an SNC after 15 days without payment and numerous emails to her. Only then did she pay (without the R16.50 for cash deposits).

Yesterday she emailed me saying that she can't pay for her new orders if she hasn't received her previous one. It was posted 22 August. Last night she emailed me saying the parcel is at her Post Office and she will collect today and "let me know if all is well". She already received non-payment negative ratings from a previous seller.

Oh, and she said I am quick to file an SNC against her if she's a little late with making payment. She hasn't received her parcel after 3 days, so what is she supposed to do against me.

She's now again 2 days over my payment stipulation of 48 hours.

I told her she has control over when she makes payment to sellers, I however have no control over the shedule of the Post Office. And mind you, she stays on the other side of Pietersburg, so I would think 3 days from Centurion is quite fast for her to receive her parcel.

She is really rude and I have been more than patient with her.

Seeds for Africa

If I were you I would be done with her. I would wait until 7 days and just snc it. As sellers we dont need people like her. I would also block her before she buys more!

booksallsizes

100% agree with @Gamu. Not worth the frustration. And it seems to me as if she's looking for trouble so it may seem difficult but carry on with the patience. There's nothing more annoying to those who are looking for a fight than a patient person :grin: - and when the deal is done (or you file an SNC) - block her...

MiemsJewels
What should I do when a buyer first wants to see the goods on her first order before she will pay me for her new orders?

The first time I had to file an SNC after 15 days without payment and numerous emails to her. Only then did she pay (without the R16.50 for cash deposits).

Yesterday she emailed me saying that she can't pay for her new orders if she hasn't received her previous one. It was posted 22 August. Last night she emailed me saying the parcel is at her Post Office and she will collect today and "let me know if all is well". She already received non-payment negative ratings from a previous seller.

Oh, and she said I am quick to file an SNC against her if she's a little late with making payment. She hasn't received her parcel after 3 days, so what is she supposed to do against me.

She's now again 2 days over my payment stipulation of 48 hours.

I told her she has control over when she makes payment to sellers, I however have no control over the shedule of the Post Office. And mind you, she stays on the other side of Pietersburg, so I would think 3 days from Centurion is quite fast for her to receive her parcel.

She is really rude and I have been more than patient with her.

You are a very patient Seller Mustlovebooks! :amazed:

Mustlovebooks

Thanks guys. I hate confrontation and want to avoid it as much as possible. As always, I get invalueble advice on the forum :laugh:

Little Miss Muffet

XXXXXXXXX Sorry post below

Edited by geewhizz

Little Miss Muffet

If this buyer has under 10 ratings then she would be new to buying online.

It is sometimes a bit scary to a new buyers and perhaps she is being cautious and I would be patient as a bad experiance could send her tracking.

Imagine having an SNC filed and being blocked as a newcomer.

Wild Olive Art

New buyer or not , she must surely be aware of the terms of trade. There is no excuse for non payment and if she was concerned about the quality of goods she bought then she should have waited to receive her order BEFORE bidding on more items from you !

If she has not paid within 7 days and is well aware that payment is due within 48hrs , she must expect a SNC .

I agree with Gamu and Booksallsizes . File the SNC and block her from future purchases. Buyers such as these are seldom worth the headache they give.

Mustlovebooks

She is quite new, 12 positive, 3 negative ratings so far. I tend to get really flustered when people are rude and/or arrogant on BoB, because most people are kind and generous. Thank you for reminding me to see the other side of the issue, although her whole attitude is hostile. If she is not sure about things, she can still be polite and at least reply to a seller's emails before we need to actually file a SNC. I see some buyers only respond to BoB's notifications and not to ours. It's like they see BoB as some Big Brother and the sellers are not worth responding to.

Edited by Mustlovebooks

booksallsizes

Uhmmm, 3 negatives already? Maybe it's just me but that is a bit of a red flag...

MiemsJewels

Then you get wonderful buyers like this. Her parcel was only send this morning!!

1x1_trans.gifPositive rating for

25 Aug 2011

Comment:

Puik diens.Ongelooflike vinnige reaksie van verkoper.Regtig uitstekende diens sover ontvang.Verkoper boesem vertroue in.Ondersteun verkoper asb.

by DiscreetSmall.gif

This make's up for some buyer's who are never sattisfied!!

StudMuffinsMissus

Eish....tell her to save everyone the hassle & look on Gumtree

Pathway

Ag Miems, it's easy to give you a positive rating without seeing the stuff. I've never had anything but perfection from you. (Although that rating wasn't from me)

MiemsJewels
Ag Miems, it's easy to give you a positive rating without seeing the stuff. I've never had anything but perfection from you. (Although that rating wasn't from me)

Auuw Thank you Oolala, you are a Gr8 buyer/seller too you know?:love:

Not1CentMore

I will bend over backwards for ANY buyer when they request making payment arrangements; key word is request. No communication, no payment, no nothing and SNC is filed. Once SNC is filed, its 'over but the shout' and buyer is blocked....newbie or 'old hat'. One of my recent buyers has been around for several years (2006) and it 'seems' she bids/wins and then 'picks/chooses' which she will complete; nearly 200 negatives and a 79% positive rating. She appealed (4) SNCs on 6th day saying 'will pay'. No surprise, that didn't happen. Blocked.

Ruthie

lilythepink

I think the buyer who doesn't want to pay until she's "checked out" the first item bought needs her head read. Why did she bid on the items if she's not prepared to pay within the stipulated time?

Newcomer or not, I would file the SNCs (geewhizz, some new buyers ask for it!) if she doesn't pay up on time.

TS Ron

I would block this buyer without a second thought save you the headache.

Vegar

New buyer or not - this one is BAD news! Block her and please give accurate negative rating so we know not to engage with her. It is difficult enough to please everyone - and I also go out of my way for buyers - but when a person doesn't honour her bid with sufficient and timeous payment, then she is not worth the effort - block her!

Mustlovebooks

Hi all,

I thought I would just quicky update on this buyer. I have filed 9 SNCs against her this morning. She hasn't paid after promising to pay Wednesday morning. I sent her an email last night saying that I will file today.

I see that I can only block her after the SNCs have been completed. I just want to make sure that she can't give me negative ratings until that time. Also, if blocked, can she still give negative revenge ratings?

And by the way...her 3 negatives have changed to 4 for non-payment from another seller since my first post regarding this. I will leave a detailed negative after SNCs been completed so that nobody will sell to her.

booksallsizes

As far as I'm aware, the buyer cannot rate once an SNC is filed. And, I stand to correction here, they can't rate if the SNC goes through. I just hope she doesn't decide to pay you now - because she can rate if the SNC is retracted - if she pays, perhaps just refund her. And don't retract the SNC.

Other forum members - have I got this right?? :unsure: Don't want to give Mustlovebooks the wrong info....

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Mustlovebooks

You can block the buyer any time from when the order is placed. Look at the order detail, there is a button allow you to block the buyer under the buyer's address. The buyer will not be able to rate you until the SNC process is completed and then only if the SNC is found in her favour, which I doubt will happen. Even if the buyer does pay, you do not have to accept the payment as she violated your terms, refund the buyer instead and do not withdraw the SNC as this will give her room to rate you.

Vegar

The moment you file SNC the buyer can't rate you. You rating disappears until the SNC is finalized, then you can update the negative rating.

In case she pays you then thank her nicely ... RETRACT the SNC (you HAVE to retract because you have to pay the success fees ...) and give her a positive rating for payment.

If she doesn't pay before the SNC is finalized then BLOCK her from bidding on your items again.

Just before the SNC is finalized send her a 'warning' not to pay after the SNC has gone through "The item is no longer available, please do NOT pay" something to that effect. It gets very messy when people pay after the SNC is finalized.

Good luck :blink1:

Mustlovebooks

Thank you. The last time she paid before the SNC was finalized, I did retract it and gave her a positive rating. By that time she had already placed the orders which are causing the problems now. I think to be on the safe side, I will only refund her if she pays after the SNC was completed - I will send her an email though to tell her not to make payment just before the expiry of the SNC.

Otherwise I will have to retract the SNC if she pays in time just to "do the right thing". I'll block her anyway.

Thanks for the advice Vegar, Tananka and bookallsizes!

Mustlovebooks

Thanks Tananka, I found the Block function. :awesome:

Mustlovebooks

She finally paid me today and I had to retract the SNC and give her a positive rating. Seems unfair, because she's not to be trusted and now I can't warn other sellers. :sad: