Sign in to follow this  
retailrush

The "Win an iPad Banner"

retailrush

Just some feedback to the team on this;

I know this is probably not a permanent feature - but I am not happy with the "Win an iPad" Banner that you seem have introduced to some of your notification e-mails and orders from today... As I print out all my orders I am using extra toner every time...

Thanks!

MacMuffin
Just some feedback to the team on this;

I know this is probably not a permanent feature - but I am not happy with the "Win an iPad" Banner that you seem have introduced to some of your notification e-mails and orders from today... As I print out all my orders I am using extra toner every time...

Thanks!

This is not a permanent feature and a last push to collect enough votes from our user community. We will turn this feature off in a few days.

kyle2

Just a note on this subject, I have received about 4 or 5 emails asking me to vote, it seems you can only vote once, if so why do I keep getting emails about it after I've voted?:hm:

lilythepink

Good question, kyle2. I've been wondering about that, too!

MacMuffin
Good question, kyle2. I've been wondering about that, too!

We have been a bit over-eager with the mail-shots ;-). We have no idea who voted and who has not, hence you will see the voting banners all over the place as we are sore losers and really need to be 1st place this year ;-)

booksallsizes

Sheesh - I haven't received any emails asking me to vote :surprised: But don't go getting any ideas now - I've already voted from every conceivable email address that I can...

How's it going? Do you get updated as to what position you are in??

Miss Jewels

I've also voted under all my personal, my companies' and my family's emails, but with the errors the last few days.....kicked out continuously, messages of no internet, images disappearing, auction corruption, etc....mmmm.....what's happening?

MacMuffin

Thanks all for the votes - we don't really know specifics other than that we are currently 1st with a lead of 1700 votes and the runner up is pushing very hard - not quite sure who it is but quite frustrating considering that we have a large user base, but votes across the board don't seem to come in at quantities as we expected.

@Miss Jewels: Yes, we faced a couple of rough weekends with intermittent outages causing some havoc into the beginning of the week. We have managed to identify faulty hard-drives which will be replaced on the weekend - this has puzzled us for weeks, as none of our monitoring showed any failures.

We also rolled out some new infrastructure features which had a few minor (but easily fixable) glitches. Our focus is always to ensure high stability and outages like you have experienced are a thousand times more frustrating on our end but we are relentlessly working on improving our systems.

Miss Jewels

Thanks MacMuffin....I even called out my IT people thinking it was our pc's playing up. Khaba jokingly said it was "spooky" when I explained what was happening my side. Had a few outages again today but the last few hours have been ok. As to the votes, keep sending out the reminders just in case of a few "last minute" voters. Hope you take the 1st place! Way to go BoB~~~~