Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Camel or Zippo??? And, how to reach bidder?

Pathway

Hi everyone - I listed a Camel Zippo tin on auction, but only called it a Camel tin (since it was empty, I have the Zippo in my possession, and bought it on bob a while ago)

Got a note from bob today, saying I may not sell Camel-branded products, and they deleted my auction. Now, there are two things I need to know -

1 - Is this a Camel tin, or a Zippo tin? I see people are selling Camel Zippos still.

2 - Someone had bid on this tin - how do I get hold of this person and explain that I don't, myself, arbitrarily delete auctions for no good reason? It feels like very bad manners to me, to just swipe it off, with no explanation to the bidder.

If Camel is getting fussy about their branding, that's reasonable - far be it from me to flout the sanctity of copyright. But, it's Zippo wrapping, really....???

Noldy

admin

Hi oo la la,

The bidder was notified that the item was deleted by bidorbuy, this is done automatically when we delete items. Please report the items you come across that uses the Camel name/logo.

Thank you.

MiemsJewels
Hi oo la la,

The bidder was notified that the item was deleted by bidorbuy, this is done automatically when we delete items. Please report the items you come across that uses the Camel name/logo.

Thank you.

Smoking Accessories - New Camel Zippo for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:42360824)

Advertising - Vintage Camel Vacuum Flask for sale in Cape Town (ID:44257072)

Smoking Accessories - Camel Zippo lighter for sale in Bloemfontein (ID:43702654)

This Andries?

Pathway

Thanks for letting me know you notifed the bidder, Scaryman, I feel better about it now.

One assumes Camel and Zippo have an agreement, then.

MiemsJewels
What items :razz:

WOW!!! Need more??

Pathway

Miems, the Scaryman is on a camel hunt. He's exterminating them as he finds them. Soon they will be extinct...

what have the poor beasts done to deserve this?

MiemsJewels
Miems, the Scaryman is on a camel hunt. He's exterminating them as he finds them. Soon they will be extinct...

what have the poor beasts done to deserve this?

It was going...going...gone!!! OELALA!!:wink:

lilythepink

Seems Admin has sent them back to the Sahara? Hopefully not to Iraq because that would be cruelty to dumb animals. (Did they spit at you Admin when you sent them away?) :razz:

wayjen

Thanks for reporting me who ever did.

3 community watch reports in 1 day for various things.

We had a peak cap on BoB and next we get a report and it was deleted. Which is fine if Camel want it like.

I had a painting in the wrong section and that was reported. Fine I changed it.

I get a report that a painting was not South African or something along those lines and my question is how does someone sitting on the other side of a pc determine what or who painted an abstract painting and where it was painted.

Edited by wayjen

voldermort

makes you think doesnt it, there are some very very sad people out there with nothing else to do......if the painting was in the wrong section surely a question on the item would have sufficed? but no, some of them are really out for blood.

reminds me of the time i received 30 community watch reports one after the other for listing stamps in the wrong category, they were listed under Union of South Africa, according to the very intelligent person who reported me they were supposed to be under Republic of South Africa & not Union of South Africa because according to them South Africa became a Republic in 1960!

wayjen

yeah I don't know. I was going to take it up with BoB but decided to just change everything and let it be.

MiemsJewels
yeah I don't know. I was going to take it up with BoB but decided to just change everything and let it be.

Ek pleit onskuldig Wayen. Hoop nie jy dink dis ek nie. Vra vir BOB dan, want ons is almal nou onder verdenking hier!!

wayjen

nee man Miems ek worry nie oor die dinge.

We all will go through this sometime.

don't worry.

MiemsJewels
nee man Miems ek worry nie oor die dinge.

We all will go through this sometime.

don't worry.

I know Wayen. Usually it's jealousy that make people do such things. I remember Hildat had some handbags on BOb a while ago. She named it "Yorky" bags. Someone complained about her using the name "Yorky". Said it was NOT a Yorkshire Terrier but some other kind of dog. Can you believe it. We were laughing our backsides off!!:grin:

wayjen

The world is made up of allot of crazy people too.

voldermort

wayne i think with regards to your painting where the person "just knows" exactly what it is, is also one of the contributing factors to the above thread........where Cuan has mentioned that the R500 reward is now suspended, there are just too many experts out there these days who have "a feeling" about certain items. they dont even need a larger image, nothing, just one look and they know it all.................psychic perhaps?

MiemsJewels

It must be someone who knows something about paintings. Perhaps a dealer? Who knows! Perhaps a seller also with similar items? Only knows that it was lousy!