Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

What is this?

Cali Craft and Gems

Yip - it is a sconce (candle holder). Less than 10 years old, made to look ancient using the pewter finish on the metal work.

amcintyre
Yip - it is a sconce (candle holder). Less than 10 years old, made to look ancient using the pewter finish on the metal work.

Is it worth listing on a wednesday auction or is it considered junk?

booksallsizes

It's quite attractive and looks like it is of a good size - maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised...

amcintyre
It's quite attractive and looks like it is of a good size - maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised...

HOw about that, you're from Nieu Bethesda! Is there a post office there? I visited the owl house a few years ago and remember that the PO was converted into a cafe?? It had a picture of a red ant on the sign and was called something like "Red Roman"??

Edited by amcintyre

booksallsizes

The PO is still a cafe (now called Cafe Grace) and is also still a PO (run by Grace!). The best Post Office in the country :love: - my dogs can come inside with me and I can get a great cup of coffee while I do the posting and she makes the best cakes. And it was the 'Red Roman' - you may not have seen one of them critters (Red Romans) while you were here. They are awful awful things - google them, they give me the horrors! So I'm glad the place has had a name change!

Oh - and am very pleased that it shows up now on bidorbuy that I'm from NB and not Graaff-Reinet, like it used to :grin: Never noticed, thanks for pointing it out!

booksallsizes

Oh - Graaff-Reinet still shows on my selling page...:hm: Wish they'd change it as I get people from Graaffies that want to collect and have to tell them that I'm a little further away than they think...