Sign in to follow this  
allann

Dropship

allann

Hi

I would like to sell products from overseas (Dropship) . I sent emails and also contated support to help out . I was told I can`t sell now i first need to have some kind of selling stats ?

can someone please explain to me .how do you get the stats they want . if they wont allow you to sell products from overseas

:wondering:

Thx Allan

qball

Hi There Allan

Unfortunately due to the problems we have with sellers and drop shipping, you are required to have stock on hand and sell the stock you have in your possession. Once you have built up a trusted reputation and supply chain we may allow you to drop ship, but this depends on your positive rating score, sales history and time on the site. As a new seller with no selling track record we will unfortunately not permit you to drop ship. This is mainly due to security reasons and to protect buyers from any issues with delays, non delivery of stock etc.

We trust that you understand our position and reasons for not allowing you to drop ship.

Kind regards

Cuan

allann

not a Problem so now i understand . so i will order some stuff then when i have them i will start to sell them

Hope i understand :)

deviantmantis

Hi guys

I had been planning on starting a business on BoB but have since found out that my whole concept was drop shipping. Now I fully understand and agree with the BoB stance on drop shipping, but would like to know if there is a more quantifiable benchmark in terms of making the cut to be an approved drop shipper.

The reason I ask is that the products I am planning to sell are relatively niche and I need to calculate exactly how much I will have to invest before reaching the point of being able to drop ship.

Thanks

Mark

karlitos

Dropshipping Consent

I did not know about this(prior consent for dropshipping) until my account has been emptied of my listings.

I only wish I knew about this beforehand, now I will come across as a fraudster, which is not the case...

I do understand the BoB reasons for this as I have been scammed by Suppliers "UOAY Global trade Co., LTD",,and have to refund my buyers, luckily it wasnt big orders and have already refunded one buyer and hopefully refund the other.

I am deeply embarrassed:blush: by this and hope to clear all misunderstandings first thing in the morning...

lilythepink

Well said, MsPlod!

Bargain Coins
Then again - have a look at an example of someone who is dropshipping...

Items recently sold by syho on bidorbuy.co.za

Do you really want to sell a lot of things for R1 each?

They can as the shipping fees they charge includes the item price

MsPlod
They can as the shipping fees they charge includes the item price

but of course...

Fashion Star

HI

How about 3400+ and 99.84% Positive rating , sold 5385 items ,since 2012-04

have you allow drop shipping

thanks

kind regards

s li

Hi There Allan

Unfortunately due to the problems we have with sellers and drop shipping, you are required to have stock on hand and sell the stock you have in your possession. Once you have built up a trusted reputation and supply chain we may allow you to drop ship, but this depends on your positive rating score, sales history and time on the site. As a new seller with no selling track record we will unfortunately not permit you to drop ship. This is mainly due to security reasons and to protect buyers from any issues with delays, non delivery of stock etc.

We trust that you understand our position and reasons for not allowing you to drop ship.

Kind regards

Cuan

qball

Unfortunately not. We are not approving any new drop shipping accounts, no matter what your current ratings and sales history are.

I do apologise for this.

MoonlightGems

Dropshipping

As i understand it, members who was previously approved for drop shipping are allowed to continue doing this, whereas new members cannot become verified drops shippers. This is SO unfair, as some of us are younger and were not around at the time when you could still apply to become adropshipper. And the problem i:wondering::wondering:s that we are being drowned out by the drop shippers who are allowed to do so, they list items in the thousands, and we with our stock on hand, gets lost in the throng....