Sign in to follow this  
techowizz

please help

techowizz

Hi

Please could someone assist with my problem

i won 2 laptops from android who is based in goodwood, cape town.

payment was made (via bob eft) for 2 laptops after which the seller delayed in shipping. after getting Ms Schoeman (of bob) involved, the items finally arrived.

one laptop lid was cracked and the other did not want to start. i again reverted to Ms Schoeman who advised me to return the items. i was hesitant to send it but she assured me that the seller had previously refunded another client so i should send the items to get a refund.

Items were sent and i followed its delivery to the seller who confirmed that he received it.

i have been waiting for a refund ever since (3/4weeks now)

although the sellers account has been disabled, that doesnt solve my problem. please advise how bob assists in recouping this money. i have received the sellers details and will open up a fraud case but that still doesnt solve my case.

please advise since i made payment to bob i think bob should to some extent assist in recouping this amount.

please revert to me asap

thnaks

qball
Hi

Please could someone assist with my problem

i won 2 laptops from android who is based in goodwood, cape town.

payment was made (via bob eft) for 2 laptops after which the seller delayed in shipping. after getting Ms Schoeman (of bob) involved, the items finally arrived.

one laptop lid was cracked and the other did not want to start. i again reverted to Ms Schoeman who advised me to return the items. i was hesitant to send it but she assured me that the seller had previously refunded another client so i should send the items.

Items were sent and i followed its delivery to the seller who confirmed that he received it.

i have been waiting for a refund ever since (3/4weeks now)

although the sellers account has been disabled, that doesnt solve my problem. please advise how bob assists in recouping this money. i have received the sellers details and will open up a fraud case but that still doesnt solve my case.

please advise since i made payment to bob i think bob should to some extent assist in recouping this amount.

please revert to me asap

thnaks

Dear techowizz

Thank you for your post, whilst we appreciate your concern and frustration, unfortunately we cannot act on your behalf as we are not the purchaser. If any of your rights under law have been infringed upon the responsibility is yours to remedy the situation and enforce your legal rights, whether through criminal action, Small Claims court or civil proceedings against the seller. The standard policy is to return the items to the seller first, this would apply to any transaction, even in the real world before a refund is processed. The seller then would have to refund you and is still liable for refunding you under law. We have taken the necessary action from our side, what we legally can do to try assist you, and you would need to continue liaising with Solanche and the seller to resolve this matter, but we cannot recoup your money for you. Even if payment was made through bidorbuy, the funds were released to the seller and goods shipped to you. bobPay is not an escrow service nor do we guarantee recovery or safety of the funds once paid, as per our terms of use.

We do apologise for this situation but the seller will need to resolve this issue.

Kind regards

Cuan