Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Bubble Wrap Envelopes

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Can anyone please let me know where I may find bubble wrap envelopes that measure 120mm x 235mm or slightly smaller (not bigger).

Many thanks

Grant

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Can anyone please let me know where I may find bubble wrap envelopes that measure 120mm x 235mm or slightly smaller (not bigger).

Many thanks

Grant

Why don't you use a bigger one and cut it in half Gamu?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Have you tried the Post Office? If they don't have then Miem's suggestion is a good one!

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

There are no padded envelopes to the specifications listed. You will have to alter a current envelope to get as close as possible to your stipulated size. (and the post office is the cheapest by far on padded envelopes - I buy them 500 at a time which lasts me about 2 months!)

Pathway    10
Pathway

Thanks, Janet. I've been buying at Walton's - duh.

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi Noldy

I've currently got about 700 in stock if you need (size 0)! I'll let you take them at cost price (R1.85 each). Walton's is painfully expensive - I had to get 180 from them recently cos I bled the PO dry! LOL

J - CCG

kyle2    10
kyle2

I get all my padded envelopes from the post office, they are at least 30% cheaper than any stationers.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
I get all my padded envelopes from the post office, they are at least 30% cheaper than any stationers.

Sometimes more than 50% - 70% cheaper at the Post Office Kyle

brad112    10
brad112

Agreed, the Post Office is much cheaper

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Hi

Thanks to all for their replies and advice. I was simply looking for something that falls inside of the post offices "small letter specs".

Many thanks

Grant

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to GAMU - fold the envelope to the required size, staple like crazy, seal with clear moving tape, and hope for the best! :)

Pathway    10
Pathway

Thanks, Janet, you keep them - I have more choice of easy access P O's. I'll go bleed Fig Tree dry, Emerald Hill has virtually nothing.

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Hi

I make use of this, pic below (lucky to have a friend who works in the factory so she orders for me on her staff 10% discount) - I had to buy a MASSIVE roll though, it's not available in strips but perhaps I could cut and send some if anyone is interested.

The roll cost me R820.00 and is 82m long roll of 1.2m wide. I phoned her at work and she says its no problem, she can take as many as she wants, so if anyone wants to collect in Randfontein, West Rand (or even Kuruman possibly) its a terrific saving on those smaller padded envelopes for any seller making use of it regularly.

In your instance Grant (for example) I could cut 16 - 15x50cm strips out a a 1sq.m block. Folding a strip in half gives me a 15x25cm envelope with enough edge to staple and tape neatly (I personally only use the tape) A sq. metre costs R10, so I'll only be paying 63c per envelope + a pittance on the tape (which I can get 300m rolls of at a good price as well)

CKraft1.jpg.ba991df7776d39e951e0fd794dc6a889.jpg

I'm not greedy. Will gladly share my source if anyone can collect in Jhb.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Hi

I make use of this, pic below (lucky to have a friend who works in the factory so she orders for me on her staff 10% discount) - I had to buy a MASSIVE roll though, it's not available in strips but perhaps I could cut and send some if anyone is interested.

The roll cost me R820.00 and is 82m long roll of 1.2m wide. I phoned her at work and she says its no problem, she can take as many as she wants, so if anyone wants to collect in Randfontein, West Rand (or even Kuruman possibly) its a terrific saving on those smaller padded envelopes for any seller making use of it regularly.

In your instance Grant (for example) I could cut 16 - 15x50cm strips out a a 1sq.m block. Folding a strip in half gives me a 15x25cm envelope with enough edge to staple and tape neatly (I personally only use the tape) A sq. metre costs R10, so I'll only be paying 63c per envelope + a pittance on the tape (which I can get 300m rolls of at a good price as well)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1934[/ATTACH]

I'm not greedy. Will gladly share my source if anyone can collect in Jhb.

Thanks very much. That does sound good. I will PM you on the weekend to see how we can work something out.

Thanks very much.

Grant

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Many thanks

Grant

Hi Grant,

Sorry for only replying now. I saw the thread, looked through it and thought I couldn't be of help until now.

I was looking around on an envelope I got from photo's of a formal I went to and long story short ended up searching google for bubble envelopes for myself with the same idea in mind as you..

My question: Would 120mm x 210mm work for you and how many envelopes do you need?

I found a place that has those sized bubble wrapped envelopes, but the minimum order is 100 envelopes.

I'm on my phone doing this, so excuse the long link, I'll be sure to change it tomorrow, but below is the link. You can request them for a quote there and there are lots of sizes and different items. Would definitely beat stationer prices, maybe even SAPO prices?

Link:

Bubble Wrap < Protective Packaging | Packaging Shoppe Products

Hope this helps,

Fred

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thanks Fred. I have managed to come right. Much appreciated.

Grant

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Thanks Fred. I have managed to come right. Much appreciated.

Grant

Hi Grant, where did you get the bags?