Sign in to follow this  
daisyjewel

Credit Card Charge Backs

daisyjewel    10
daisyjewel

Just some feedback to the bidorbuy team on this matter. I have had a number of bobpay payments over the past two weeks and have been wondering why I have not "had sufficient funds" to request a payout. I know there are fees to pay to bidorbuy but this seemed to be more then usual. I then looked through my fees account and saw that I had a charge back for R2300 on one credit card payment. I understand these things happen and it is part of the risks involved but I think it would really be helpful it bidorbuy would contact the seller when this happens and let them know that there was a problem. The same thing happened to me with a payfast payment and they emailed me immediately to tell me what the problem was and tried to resolve the matter. I just think that the sitaution is horrible enough and it would help sellers if bidorbuy could just notify them of the problem.

retailrush    10
retailrush

Hi Daisyjewel - so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. This has always made me cautious of offering a credit card payment option. Even though we are aware it could happen I don't think we ever expect it to - and that's a large amount! Had you already sent the item to the buyer - and if so, are you going to be able to get it returned if the buyer reversed the card payment? At least now you know about it and you can contact the buyer to find out what his reason was to reverse the payment... Good luck!

daisyjewel    10
daisyjewel

Thanks for the sympathy Retail Rush. I have had it happened before through other card payment channels and basically it is very difficult to get the matter resolved. So I guess it is my loss ... the difference with the other card processing people I have dealt with namely payfast and setcom is that they at least inform the seller what has happened and try to assist with the matter. I was received no notification from bidorbuy at all -- the money just disappeared from my account. I actually had to go through my sales from the last 6 months to work out which card payment was charged back as I had no idea (since no one told me) ... :hm:

qball    11
qball

We do apologise for this, we normally do email you when this happens, I am not sure why you were not contacted. I have asked both the security team and accounts team to ensure they notify the seller accordingly.

daisyjewel    10
daisyjewel

Thanks Cuan ... I think it would help a lot ...