Sign in to follow this  
kyle2

Track and Trace is Down.

pin_nacle    10
pin_nacle

The "old fashioned" telephone call worked for me - the online tracking is not accurate even when it does "work"

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Just returned from the post office and the post mistress who assisted me was most upset. I asked her what was going on and she said that the computer system / network for Speed Services parcels has crashed and they have no idea how long it is going to take to "fix".

What had really upset her the most though was that there was a client in Amanzimtoti waiting desperately for the delivery of her laptop which was sent from PE on Wednesday via Speed Services (she needs to make a presentation to a new client this afternoon) and the parcel is nowhere to be found! Supposed to be to door delivery by yesterday morning, and by this afternoon not one person in the PE or Durban hubs' can locate the parcel (it was marked as books by the branch staff to avoid drawing attention to the parcel). There is going to be big trouble regarding that particular parcel - and it was insured, but one can't replace the information that was on the laptop (client did not have a back-up!)!

brands online    10
brands online
Just returned from the post office and the post mistress who assisted me was most upset. I asked her what was going on and she said that the computer system / network for Speed Services parcels has crashed and they have no idea how long it is going to take to "fix".

What had really upset her the most though was that there was a client in Amanzimtoti waiting desperately for the delivery of her laptop which was sent from PE on Wednesday via Speed Services (she needs to make a presentation to a new client this afternoon) and the parcel is nowhere to be found! Supposed to be to door delivery by yesterday morning, and by this afternoon not one person in the PE or Durban hubs' can locate the parcel (it was marked as books by the branch staff to avoid drawing attention to the parcel). There is going to be big trouble regarding that particular parcel - and it was insured, but one can't replace the information that was on the laptop (client did not have a back-up!)!

Hi Cali, there's a number of parcels that are not showing up on the tracking system, even internally when you phone them. They are however (so far) getting to the destination post offices be it a little late. As for the online tracking system, this has been down for almost a week now. There was even mention of it being shut down in another thread here:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/14355-sapo-strike-2011-a.html?highlight=strike

TS Ron    10
TS Ron
Hi Cali, there's a number of parcels that are not showing up on the tracking system, even internally when you phone them. They are however (so far) getting to the destination post offices be it a little late. As for the online tracking system, this has been down for almost a week now. There was even mention of it being shut down in another thread here:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/14355-sapo-strike-2011-a.html?highlight=strike

I agree with you brands online I was expecting an parcel and they could not find it on the Post Office system.. But eventually I have received it after being two weeks later than general..Kyle 2 the internet is down with Track and Trace I was informed yesterday and they do not know when the site shall be functional again.

kyle2    10
kyle2

It's working again! Pheeew! It gets a bit hairy when you promise daily follow ups on where a parcel is as part of the service and you can't do this for a week, luckily my buyers haven't hassled me about it so far.

retailrush    10
retailrush

@ Kyle - YEY, YEY, YEY - I am soooooooo happy!!!! :grin: Thank's for the update...

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
@ Kyle - YEY, YEY, YEY - I am soooooooo happy!!!! :grin: Thank's for the update...

Shhhh, Speak softly before the post office realise it's working LOL

brad112    10
brad112

and it is actually working better than it usually does LOL

TS Ron    10
TS Ron
Shhhh, Speak softly before the post office realise it's working LOL[/quote

Thanks Kyle 2. No Miems that is shhh before the post office employees realize they now have work to do.